Colt Brennan Passed Away

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some remember him as a stellar QB at Hawaii. Some drug issues and apparently he passed away. He was 37.

Sad to read he tried to check himself in and they didn't have any free beds just hours before.

That offense with him at Hawaii was a freaking show. Sad to see his life go down a difficult path.

Can I say and/or think the bad F word?

As a college football (huge) follower back then, I want to say it.

Sad. I’ll go with that one.

That’s unfortunate to hear. Drugs don’t mess around :(

Oh man! Way too young! I remember him lighting up the scoreboard late at night.

Remember this passers electricity. Word is he tried to check into a detox facility and was turned away. Battling drugs stories say he was doing well and had a positive spark again...
Reach out to someone anyone if you or someone is struggling.

Some remember him as a stellar QB at Hawaii. Some drug issues and apparently he passed away. He was 37.
Remember him running June Jones offense. Every game was a track meet.

That’s unfortunate to hear. Drugs don’t mess around :(

Nope. They don’t.

Today’s supply is far worse too. Forgot amongst the year of the ‘Rona is that last year had the most OD deaths on record, at least around here.

As a pharmacy provider naloxone is available OTC (at least in OH). If you know or suspect a loved one of having this problem, keep a couple doses on hand. Then deal with the problem.

Lots of the bad stories I hear are “I just started to think there was an issue and he went and OD’d”.

You think there is an issue with someone you are near to, there is. Even if you can’t comfront it head on right then, if you are around them keep naloxone on hand.

The OD deaths would be a huge story except for C19. There are more around here than any year ever. It’s because of the (I’ll geek a little) fentanyl and carfentanyl in the supply. Fentanyl can be human dosed and managed in opioid tolerant persons.

The is NO safe dose of carfentanyl for humans. None. That’s the powder that cops get on them and die from it absent immediate recognition and treatment with.... naloxone.

Not a good time to be hooked on opiates. It would be THE national Health Crisis except for C19.

Those on opiates likely still are. They’re dying very quickly right now and no one seems to care. I do as I can help a lot more of them than I can C19 patients. Well maybe my inncoluating half the damn county will pay off? Hopefully.

Anyways as someone that manages their medicines I can see a lot of problems blooming for someone. Seeing enough BS negative I try to keep it positive. If I see a potential issue I’ll flag it as a “chat” as in I want to personally speak to this person, in their profile. Depending on the results of that I most likely will dispense still with a few possible notes. 1. Must speak with doc before filling again 2. Ok in my book 3. Not filling until I hear from your doc and 4. Your doc has instructed me not to fill this-I know the prescribers around here, I know which ones don’t care and which ones do. 3 and 4 can change without hearing from the doc based on the info and the doc in all honesty. You know which ones care and which ones will tell you to quit wasting their time (hell, they’re probably golfing, 🤣).

Always sad to see a life end in such a way.

Remember this passers electricity. Word is he tried to check into a detox facility and was turned away. Battling drugs stories say he was doing well and had a positive spark again...
Reach out to someone anyone if you or someone is struggling.

Dude. I like.

There are lots of them right now. Odds are you know or suspect someone is. If you suspect you likely know.

Quick Checkpoint Tip or think of it otherwise.

Anyone with half a sense in detecting impairment will do 2 things before you even say a word. They’ll smell for alcohol and/or MJ (or other substances).

They’ll check your pupils. Opiates do not lie in RE: your pupils. You cannot hide impairment from someone trained to look at them for that reason.

If you suspect someone near to you, it’s a real easy process to learn the signs. It starts with eyes. It really ends with eyes unless they’re nodding off on you. Watch them closely when the light changes. Do their pupils change much? If the answer is no, then you know.

Nope. They don’t.

Today’s supply is far worse too. Forgot amongst the year of the ‘Rona is that last year had the most OD deaths on record, at least around here.

As a pharmacy provider naloxone is available OTC (at least in OH). If you know or suspect a loved one of having this problem, keep a couple doses on hand. Then deal with the problem.

Lots of the bad stories I hear are “I just started to think there was an issue and he went and OD’d”.

You think there is an issue with someone you are near to, there is. Even if you can’t comfront it head on right then, if you are around them keep naloxone on hand.

The OD deaths would be a huge story except for C19. There are more around here than any year ever. It’s because of the (I’ll geek a little) fentanyl and carfentanyl in the supply. Fentanyl can be human dosed and managed in opioid tolerant persons.

The is NO safe dose of carfentanyl for humans. None. That’s the powder that cops get on them and die from it absent immediate recognition and treatment with.... naloxone.

Not a good time to be hooked on opiates. It would be THE national Health Crisis except for C19.

Those on opiates likely still are. They’re dying very quickly right now and no one seems to care. I do as I can help a lot more of them than I can C19 patients. Well maybe my inncoluating half the damn county will pay off? Hopefully.

Anyways as someone that manages their medicines I can see a lot of problems blooming for someone. Seeing enough BS negative I try to keep it positive. If I see a potential issue I’ll flag it as a “chat” as in I want to personally speak to this person, in their profile. Depending on the results of that I most likely will dispense still with a few possible notes. 1. Must speak with doc before filling again 2. Ok in my book 3. Not filling until I hear from your doc and 4. Your doc has instructed me not to fill this-I know the prescribers around here, I know which ones don’t care and which ones do. 3 and 4 can change without hearing from the doc based on the info and the doc in all honesty. You know which ones care and which ones will tell you to quit wasting their time (hell, they’re probably golfing, 🤣).

Saw something a few days ago about the amount of heroin it takes to kill you, and it was like okay, that’s not a massive amount. Then I saw the grains of Fentanyl. It was like 20 grains. Like... WHAT.

Saw something a few days ago about the amount of heroin it takes to kill you, and it was like okay, that’s not a massive amount. Then I saw the grains of Fentanyl. It was like 20 grains. Like... WHAT.

And that’s midway between scary and not, leaning towards the not.

Carfentanyl is 1000x worse. There is no known human dosage. If you are opioid naive you will die from getting it on your skin. You may still if you are tolerant but you have a chance (this is your only positive if tolerant to them, and I can look at you all wiggly eyes because I was too after my crash in 2019 and I have an entirely new set of feelings for those with issues, thus this post).

Diamorphine? Yeah, opioid naive it is like 50-100mg’s LD50? I don’t recall specifics but I sure as **** know the signs of OD. Or even intoxication from it at this point given my line of work. Unfortunately also frequently see signs of withdrawal on an almost if not daily basis.

The is NO safe dose of carfentanyl for humans.

I, unfortunately, know that all too well. My son, who lived in Ohio and was only 24 at the time, ODed on it about 5 years ago.

I spent about 25 years in the retail pharmacy industry so I am very familiar with everything you posted.

I, unfortunately, know that all too well. My son, who lived in Ohio and was only 24 at the time, ODed on it about 5 years ago.

I spent about 25 years in the retail pharmacy industry so I am very familiar with everything you posted.

1. I am so sorry.

2. Refer to 1.

Nothing else to be said. Sorry man. I can’t imagine.

I remember the hype and watching them go nuts the year the played UGA in the Sugar Bowl. Sucks to hear.

I remember the hype and watching them go nuts the year the played UGA in the Sugar Bowl. Sucks to hear.

I was actually at that game with my high school marching band. Was bummed to see Hawaii get drubbed because I don't really like UGA but it was a show for sure between Brennan and Stafford. Shame to hear this.

Damn thats a shame. RIP

Back