JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I am not a music guy. Colt Ford is a country musician meets hip hop, but the story is rather unique in that he previously was a professional golfer as well as a teaching pro. He played on what is now the Korn Ferry Tour before going into the music industry and I find that incredibly fascinating.

Anybody here a fan?

I hear them talk about him a lot on Katrek and Maginnes on Sirius and I know he plays in celebrity pro-am events but I can't say I've ever heard one of his songs.

absolutely.

That explains his participation in Pro-Ams... I can't say I'm a fan; I like country but not mixed with rap.

not sure I’ve listened to his music

After reading the OP, I checked out a few of his songs. Not my cup of tea but more power to him doing what he loves.

I did find this where he talks a little about his golf career.

Absolutely, he paved the way for some of the well known country rap artist today. Jason Aldean covering Dirt Road Anthem made Colt Ford a household name for any country music fan.

ACal, Upchurch, Demun Jones, Struggle, Jelly Roll...the list goes on...all owe something to Colt Ford.

He was actually a pretty good player at Georgia, but like music better. Nice guy, actually cowrote Dirt Road Anthem for Jason Aldean. Good Singer better song writer

I like a few of his songs, can’t remember where I read or heard it but I think he was pretty good friends with Furyk when he was trying to make it on tour.

Absolutely, he paved the way for some of the well known country rap artist today. Jason Aldean covering Dirt Road Anthem made Colt Ford a household name for any country music fan.

ACal, Upchurch, Demun Jones, Struggle, Jelly Roll...the list goes on...all owe something to Colt Ford.

At least now we know who to blame

I just had to look him up. I kinda dig it.. Looking at him you would never guess he was a tour pro.. Seems to have completely ditched that image. haha..

I listen to a lot of music of all genres. I will have to add some of his stuff to my play list.

I’m a long time Colt fan.

I genuinely like a lot of country music but just can't get myself to listen to more than a minute of his songs. Maybe just haven't found one I like yet

Heard the man has a heart of gold and has the golf bug something fierce.

He’s got some absolutely fun songs. Personal favorites are Chicken and Biscuits, Drive Around Song, No Trash in my Trailer, and of course the original Dirt Road Anthem with Brantley Gilbert.

Yep just saw him in concert in Jan. Great show.

Don't know a whole lot about his music, but he can play some golf. Always near the top in the celebrity things he participates in. Has't played in to many recently.

Heck yeah. Saw him in concert a few years ago. He's got some great songs & is a pretty good golfer too.

Have heard him on a number of podcasts and seems like a real fun guy. Can’t say I’ve heard any of his music but I do like country music so I’ll probably like it.

Heard a few songs he is not bad. Been listing to quite a bit of country recently

I never heard of him until I saw him play golf in some Pro-Am kind of tournament. Very interesting that he was a former professional and teaching pro.

I’m a fan of Colt Ford, and I am shocked to learn he was a professional golfer. Just seems so out of the ordinary. But wow.

At least now we know who to blame
I would make the case that the first one in this genre of music was one Bubba Sparkxxx. And then there was also Cowboy Troy.

Cool that he was a pro golfer prior but HECK NO with that country rap (CRAP) genre. I’m a dyed in the wool old school country fan, so not many new artists I enjoy. Now get off my lawn so I can listen to my Conway. 😀

Back