Murray

Reaction score
Handicap
I think it's time to change my irons after 3 years, and as much as I love my Cleveland blades, I would like more forgiveness in the lower irons. I see Cobra, Nike and Cleveland do a combo set. Has anyone got either of these? Does it make a difference?
Thanks

If you like blades but want more forgiveness, then I would say to get fit for Taylormade's CB in the long irons, MC in the mid and MB in the short irons.

Interesting idea, thanks. I quite like the idea and look of the Nikes. Would have to try them, though. I only really need 5-9 in my irons, although, I may get a 4 iron too.

I think it's time to change my irons after 3 years, and as much as I love my Cleveland blades, I would like more forgiveness in the lower irons. I see Cobra, Nike and Cleveland do a combo set. Has anyone got either of these? Does it make a difference?
Thanks

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I hit the Nike pro combo cb's and liked them a ton, but then I hit the Cleveland 588's and I think I liked them a bit more, I can get them in a mixed set with cavity long irons and blade short and mid irons. Cleveland has some sharp sticks out this year. Let us know what you choose.

Have you read through the Nike VR Pro Combo Review thread? There are hundreds of reviews as THP sent sets to multiple forum members including Paulo on your side of the pond to review. Tons of talk of the forgiveness in the lower irons. You can also check out the Cleveland 588 thread and find page after page of reviews on the 588 CBs since they are so popular for a Morgan Cup choice.

Thanks guys, I will try and have a look at the reviews.

I've got the cobra s3 pro's I love them if you can give them a swing. 4,5,6 cavity back 7-g muscle back

Look at Mizuno. Best combo setups in my opinion. You could do something like

MP FliHi 3i/h
JPX 800 Pro 4-5 iron
MP59 6-7 iron
MP68 8-9/PW
MPR12 wedges

You should also take a good look at the callaway x forged irons. They offer the feel an playability of a blade but with ample forgiveness.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the combo sets, I was checking out the cleveland forged, cobra and vr pro combo sets. They were all really great sets and I feel like more forgiveness from lower lofted irons couldn't hurt. I really would love to get fit for the best combo iron set.

Back