Comcast XFinity Home

PiratePenguin

2024 Goat Cup Team Brennan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have experience with Xfinity Home for security monitoring and smart home connectivity? Our current home monitoring service-safe touch-is discontinuing our current model and wants $200 dollars to update to the new version to keep the same service. Comcast is offering $200 cashback and would save us money every month, but I'm not always a big fan of Comcast and the way they do business, even though we have them for voice/Internet/TV (mostly because we have no other option). The potential savings are enticing, but we are concerned about making the switch.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I have home security and Internet through them and I am happy. I don't have a land line and they are able to monitor via the broadband service and the install is nice and clean. Well worth it in my opinion.

I have home security and Internet through them and I am happy. I don't have a land line and they are able to monitor via the broadband service and the install is nice and clean. Well worth it in my opinion.

We only have the land line in our current package because it is cheaper. We don't even have a phone plugged in.

I like the potential to control the A/C and lights and such - how connected do you have yours?

We only have the land line in our current package because it is cheaper. We don't even have a phone plugged in.

I like the potential to control the A/C and lights and such - how connected do you have yours?

I have not gone and connected the whole house, right now it's just alarm monitoring with entry zones being alerted. Dropping the land line saves a bunch of $$ yearly IMO

Back