Comfy Walking Shoes

RoyalPeeps

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
What shoes are you rocking out on the course? I need a good comfy pair. Plan on walking a lot this year. I tried some on at the PGA store and these 2 were pretty comfy. Also spikes or spikeless?

Out here in the mojave desert it stays pretty dry, and warm most of the year.

Most of the golfers I see are wearing decent quality tennis shoes. Even the walkers are wearing tennis shoes.

A few wear soft spike golf shoes, but not many.

Me I wear a 3/4 top, walking/hiking shoes with a rugged sole on them. The soles don't hurt the greens, but still give the traction I need when swinging a club.

I figure if the shoe can comfortably handle hikes across the desert rocks, and sand, they can handle golf course turf. Usually at a much better price too.

I would look at Puma shoes and either spiked or spikeless, they have been the most comfortable shoes I have worn

Out here in the mojave desert it stays pretty dry, and warm most of the year.

Most of the golfers I see are wearing decent quality tennis shoes. Even the walkers are wearing tennis shoes.

A few wear soft spike golf shoes, but not many.

Me I wear a 3/4 top, walking/hiking shoes with a rugged sole on them. The soles don't hurt the greens, but still give the traction I need when swinging a club.

I figure if the shoe can comfortably handle hikes across the desert rocks, and sand, they can handle golf course turf. Usually at a much better price too.
So which shoes do you wear?

I think it depends on whether you want waterproof or not. I have a pair of the FootJoy ProSLs and they were pretty comfy right from when I got them. I get good traction out of them but one of them seems to squeak a bit which is annoying. I also have a pair of Adidas Tour 360 XT-SLs which are the spikeless ones and I find those very comfortable. To me the Adidas are more comfortable than the FJs.

I have heard really good things about the Puma shoes and I have tried them on a couple of times but never pulled the trigger on a pair.

I tend to play in the morning so having something waterproof is nice.

Yeah I tried on a lot of shoes yesterday and found that the FJs were not that comfy on my foot. The Adidas CodeChaos Sports were very comfy. But I don't think they are water proof. Don't have to have water proof but wouldn't mind. Just need to find that comfy water proof shoe.

Yeah I tried on a lot of shoes yesterday and found that the FJs were not that comfy on my foot. The Adidas CodeChaos Sports were very comfy. But I don't think they are water proof. Don't have to have water proof but wouldn't mind. Just need to find that comfy water proof shoe.
those are advertised as having waterproof uppers

My feet are a sore mess, especially the balls of my feet. I tried the True Linkswear hoping the wide toe box would help, but not enough cushion for me. New Balance freshfoam were pretty good and at a reasonable cost. This year I’m trying some Ecco bioms. I want to walk a little more but 18 becomes trying.

I walk over 100 rounds a year. I alternate between 3 pairs of Ecco Biom hybrid golf shoes, most comfortable walking shoes made.

My feet are a sore mess, especially the balls of my feet. I tried the True Linkswear hoping the wide toe box would help, but not enough cushion for me. New Balance freshfoam were pretty good and at a reasonable cost. This year I’m trying some Ecco bioms. I want to walk a little more but 18 becomes trying.

the OG Feels are fantastic but i prefer my "golf" shoes feel like my everyday shoes...that being said, i have had zero issues with walking 18 and carrying in them.

I walk over 100 rounds a year. I alternate between 3 pairs of Ecco Biom hybrid golf shoes, most comfortable walking shoes made.

Agreed. I have 3 pair of Ecco but only the last pair is Biom hybrids, those are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

One pair is 5 yrs, one 4 yrs and last 2 yrs old. The wear well

There are what I wear now. Had them for a minute. They are super comfy. Just want some new black shoes.

Attachments

• Golf Shoes.jpg
    Golf Shoes.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 6
Can’t speak for the sports, but I’ve worn my CodeChaos the last 2 rounds in really soggy conditions(one of which I walked) up here in NJ and my feet were bone dry at the end of the round.

I’ve had great luck with Sketchers for comfort. My only complaint is durability as the heel fabric inside has started to wear out just over a years worth and I don’t play tons of rounds. I’m looking to go spineless this year and debating between the FJ SL Pro or the Addidas Codechaos. My complaints of footjoy has always been that squeak or pop when walking after time.

I had some extra credit when I traded some Cobra irons(F8) and got a new Speedzone Extreme Driver so I selected a pair of Etonic spikeless. Man, they are very comfortable walking.

911E58A6-1160-469E-B0D4-36EA7A0F0CEE.jpeg

For me, Adidas 360 XT-SL are the most comfortable. The 360 series Adidas shoes fit me the best with comfort, support and traction.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of True Linkswear spikeless shoes. Eco Knit in dry conditions, TL-01 when it is wet. And I walk all my rounds.

I am a big fan of the below 3:
1. Adidas Tour Boost 360 (Spiked)
2. Footjoy Pro SL (Spikeless)
3. G Fore gallivanter (spikeless)

As for spiked or non-spiked, I feel Spikeless are more comfortable but if you torque your feet (leverage/push off the ground), I find spiked are better...

I recently got a pair of TRUE Linkswear Originals and wore them walking 18 in super wet conditions and they were great. No fatigue or blisters with my first round. I have a pair of TRUE Eco Knits that I wear when it's dry. I have two pairs of Adidas Powerband BOAs that are comfortable and waterproof too.

Adidas Codechaos.

Boost Technology is one of the best innovations in sneakers in a long time. If I am walking, I am wearing Codechaos, it is not even a question

Back