Coming back and everything that it entails

JTnumbers

College Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
Hey guys,

I just wanted to throw up a thread saying that I was back. There has been alot of stuff going on in my life. This last semester of school I just simply had too much on my plate. My main issue last semester was that I simply did not know what to do with my life. I had decided I was changing majors around the time I left, but to what was the big question. I went seeking advice and getting everything from "You should become a lawyer" to "You should quit school and get your PGA license". I was really torn and really had no idea what to do. I was maybe as lost I could've ever been. One thing that kept me going was my continued improvement in my golf game. I was getting better and better. The short game was coming along to the point where I thought it could be a strength of mine. The ball-striking was steady and I was finding way to make my swing more consistent. The improvements showed myself that I can push to become a better person, especially if I was able to push and become overall a better golfer. Eventually, I changed my major to Computer Science (the story behind choosing that is too long for anyone to really care) and have really enjoyed it thus far. I've always had an interest in programming and I've found it's becoming a second hobby behind Golf, which I never thought would've happened. Finally having some direction in my life freed me up in everything else. My friends told me how they noticed I became more social. My mental side of the game got lightyears better according to my coach. Most importantly though, I finished my semester with straight A's. In my 4 classes, I had to make 3 A's and a B to keep my scholarship and I did one better. To say I was happy would be one massive understatement. Because of this major improvement in my actual game, I decided to do lots of tournaments this summer. Starting with the US Open qualifier (Go big or go home AmIRight?:alien:). I'll admit I was terrified. I was warming up next to guys who are tour pros, and others who are at the top of the Amateur golf pecking order. It was a new experience that I still smile about. I didn't play all that great in the end (shot 80) on a course that was set up to mirror a pro-style course in many ways. However, I'll say it was the most fun I've ever had on the golf course while there was so much pressure. I was smiling and joking in between shots. I let my mind wander rather than think about golf for 5 hours. There was a vibe around the course that is difficult to describe, and I wanted to relish and remember the moment.

You guys have no idea how much I wanted to get on here and get active again last semester. It just came down to the simple fact of that I didn't have the time that this place simply deserves from me. I didn't want to be someone who appeared every so often and posted a handful of times. I wanted to be as active as possible. I missed you guys so much and it killed me to leave so quietly. But in the end, it's what I needed to do. I'll say one more thing about the US Open qualifier, there is no way I could've played as well as I did without the Morgan Cup experience. I remember specifically I was on the first tee and just kept thinking about that weekend. When it was my turn to tee off, I was shaking. But, I was used to it after that weekend. I ended up channeling that energy into what was probably the drive of my life (under the circumstances), 325 baby draw down the center. I love this place, I love all of you, and I'm happy to be back for the summer.

Lots of Love,
Numbers

Welcome back!

Glad to hear you're ok JT

Glad to have you back buddy. Very happy for you.

Great that you got things sorted out, JT. It does make life more enjoyable, for sure. Welcome back young man.

JT I'm glad you are back man.

Welcome Back

Welcome back.

I did not read the entire post. But, I don't think that you want to become a lawyer. If you want to follow me around at the office one afternoon, let me know.

Looking forward to teeing it up with you again.

Welcome back young man. Glad to see things are well.

Welcome back.

I did not read the entire post. But, I don't think that you want to become a lawyer. If you want to follow me around at the office one afternoon, let me know.

Looking forward to teeing it up with you again.
Hahaha. I didn't end up choosing it. My grandpa was a lawyer and said I should give it a go. I ultimately decided it wasn't for me.

Good to hear everything is going well for you now. We all will always be here and support you no matter whatever you decide. And congrats on playing in the US Open Qaulifier. That is one life time goal I have is get good enough to play in that. But welcome back numbers and I look forward to some great thoughts and post from you.

You know how much I missed you buddy. Glad things have turned around for you a bit.

Did I see your school on the golf channel last weekend for coming in second in some tournament? Anyway, welcome back!

Did I see your school on the golf channel last weekend for coming in second in some tournament? Anyway, welcome back!
You would be correct. They placed second in their region and qualified for the National Championship. They were not even supposed to finish in the Top 5 let alone 2nd, so it was a big deal.

You would be correct. They placed second in their region and qualified for the National Championship. They were not even supposed to finish in the Top 5 let alone 2nd, so it was a big deal.

Awesome! Well congrats :thumb:

Jonathan its good to see you back. I'm glad that everything is going forward in your life. I'll always consider you a friend and I'm happy to see you happy again. Congrats on finding something that makes you happy, not everyone finds that and to find it young is great. If you ever play anything up my direction and need a looper, you got one.

Welcome back and congrats on your play in the qualifier!

Welcome back jt, and glad things are going in the right direction for you.

Hey JT, missed you bud! Sometimes you have to do what you have to, especially when it comes to school and keeping focused. Great job on the grades for the semester!

CS is a great field. It's my son's major too. Sounds like you made the right choice.

Anytime you want to tee it up together just give me a ring!

Welcome back buddy!

JT. Welcome back fellow Rickie fan boy!

Hey, JT. Gotta say, I've wondered what was up with you a time or two in the recent past.
So glad to see where you're headed and that you've 'figured it out'.
My son is 19 and is struggling mightily with the same things you did. I think his fears lie in the "what if I end up not liking it" part of a future career, and the education in getting there.
I'm glad to see you back and happier than ever, I know you were going through some things. Can't wait to get back up that way and hit some with you. Just don't make me look too bad.

Welcome Back!! Let's hit the links ASAP Bud!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Welcome back! I am glad you are getting everything squared away and keeping your scholarship is much more important than sticking around here too much. Sounds like your game is in top form as well.

Welcome back JT...glad you have gained some clarity.

Back