Confessions of a hacker (WARNING content & description may be too graphic for real golfers)

The amateur local rule of dropping in fw with 2 strokes is what Im a fan of and in fact I used to do that with myself before it became a rule. Hitting Provisionals for both mid and high cappers who too often struggle with ball striking is the worst thing. So often the player simply can now have two balls to look for and whats worse is when the two balls are on opposite sides of a layout. I personally think in amateur golf Provisionals should be banned and adopting the "fw 2-stroke drop" rule should be the only option.

But thats all assuming one wishes to play by the rules. If one doesnt then do whatever the heck you want to do. No one cares nor should we.

There are times I feel we shouldnt lose any stroke simply cause we cant find a ball that the entire group knows should be found rather easily. Pros can hit balls occasionally way off target into woods. weeds, fescue ,etc...and the ball 99.9% the time is found for them before they even leave the tee box. I feel its totaly unfair that we may simply lose one in what may not even be an errant shot but simply might be hidden by grass or a single leaf or anything in what would easily be found with just some minor tracking and or minor assistance. We just dont have that advantage. Sure when hitting errantly into heavy woods or fescue or whatever I understand. But just simply in the rough or perhaps simply under a thin clean tree canopy between to holes, or in a spot where siome leaves or flower blooms are or anything that is relatively open area.....you get the point. In those situations I dont even think losing one stroke is fair let alone two. So i have no issue taking that liberty on such the occasion while a pro can hit a far worse shot deep into something and the ball is found for them. Just my thoughts with that

I had to do the walk of shame on the 1st hole at Torrey Pines South. The group behind did not seem amused. I use the new local rule in casual rounds now.

Dear Ann Landers

I have a friend who confessed to me of violating a sacred rule in golf. While playing a round by himself, for fun he violated the Distance portion of the stroke and distance penalty. Again he was not counting this score in any way shape of form towards a leage, competition or handicap, it was just a fun round. While teeing off he watched hil ball land just off the fairway in what i would refer to as a deeper ruff. Seeing virtually precisely where it landed HE was confident he didn't need a provisional, in fact it didn't even cross his mind. Low and behold he could not find his ball. Ratther than walking back to the tee box to tee off another ball, he simple dropped another counted one penalty stroke and played on. This was utter blasphemy, i know.

He was concerned about slowing down a guy about 1.5 holes back, and the additional time to go back and play another. I'm sure he is concerned if word gets out, his wife may leave him, his children abandon him the villagers will run him out and he may loose his job.

Are there others that have done this? Any additional strokes for not taking the distance? Or do you always walk back and replay a new ball?

Sincerely
Friend of a rulebreaker( this couldn't be me)
😁

This a heinous act of self indulgence, and black ops . The appellant may claim mitigating circumstances, however the transgression , is on fundamental rules , and of fair play .

Villagers will rebel and cast the despot out, yes the wife can do better, what’s next throw the rings and vows away ! No cv will ever be written ‘ fails to comply with regulatory conditions’
Children are best served looking for another role model ……

Aside from above leniency , I’ve seen it done and not impressed when at end of hole , said miscreant, offers a score less than yours ……

Any further repetition of this ,, should be 10 year removal of clubs and community service, of 100 hours ‘ how to play golf ‘ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This a heinous act of self indulgence, and black ops . The appellant may claim mitigating circumstances, however the transgression , is on fundamental rules , and of fair play .

Villagers will rebel and cast the despot out, yes the wife can do better, what’s next throw the rings and vows away ! No cv will ever be written ‘ fails to comply with regulatory conditions’
Children are best served looking for another role model ……

Aside from above leniency , I’ve seen it done and not impressed when at end of hole , said miscreant, offers a score less than yours ……

Any further repetition of this ,, should be 10 year removal of clubs and community service, of 100 hours ‘ how to play golf ‘ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks......err I think......

Just when my friend was starting to feel better about himself, I'm am now never writing an advice column ever again..... from now on it's either the Springer show or Facebook to solve my, i mean my friends problems😂

Thanks......err I think......

Just when my friend was starting to feel better about himself, I'm am now never writing an advice column ever again..... from now on it's either the Springer show or Facebook to solve my, i mean my friends problems😂
The best part is having a laugh , and smile 😀

I did kinda the opposite. I hit a drive that I thought was in the bushes as that was all we saw from the tee box and the GPS on the cart looked like there was a lot of crap where I hit the ball. This was a totally new course that we had no experience with. So I hit a provisional drive and put it in a left fairway bunker at about the 200 yard mark. Not a great drive.

We go down the fairway, realize the bushes and marsh were only like 5-10 deep and on the backside of it was a lot of open fairway and a nice downhill slope. In the middle of that fairway was my Bridgestone and I say I am playing it and I did.

But the golf gods are cruel and my second shot lands in a deep greenside bunker. It all evens out.

Back