ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats: You are Headed to the Grandmama

I love how they named the experience after the majority of people that frequent the Nest. Congrats, Tev!

Congrats, Tev! Lot of people envious of you right now! :cool:

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!! What a start to the weekend . Party on 🥂

Congrats.

Congrats! You also win the official envy of every person in this board! :ROFLMAO:

Big congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats!!!

Nothing like winning on THP. Congrats @Tevenor.

Last week we kicked off the contests for the Grandmama, where lucky THPers win an all expensed paid trip to CA, for a full club fitting, new clubs, golf and more with Callaway Golf.
FOUR lucky forum members will win this chance and today we are announcing the first ever participant.

Join me in congratulating @Tevenor

You just got your ticket punched. Congrats.
@Tevenor congrats man...
Paying it forward sure helps

Congrats @Tevenor!! This is such a big deal. Very excited for you!

@Tevenor any idea on fittings?

Interesting question.

I will fess up and say I am a really big Callaway fan already. I've had at least one club if not a full bag of Callaway gear in gamer rotation for the last 10 years or so going all the way back to my first fitted driver ever, the Callaway RazrHawk. Below are my initial thoughts but December is a long ways away and not sure what interesting stuff the Callaway team have been working on that I won't know about until I walk in the door. :)

I'll start with the irons. I played the original Apex Pro's for around 4 years and loved them. Last November when I was getting fit for new irons, I went in expecting to walk out with the Apex Pro 19's. As it turned out, it came down to the Apex Pro's or the T200's which were a complete surprise since I didn't like the AP series. I went T200's just because they were a bit more consistent for me but absolutely loved the Apex Pros. I would imagine that from an iron perspective, I would end up there again.

Wedges and putter are easy. I already play the MD5's in tour grey and absolutely love them. Due to my current gapping, playing 52 deg/56 deg/60 deg setup. That's a no brainer but doesn't mean that I'm going to defer to experts at the ECPC. Especially based on new gapping and deferring to the experts on what grinds would best fit my game. I putt with the Las Vegas now and love it and I am a face-balanced, mallet guy so not sure what will happen there. :)

Driver and fairway woods are a bit different. I replaced my old RazrHawk with an Epic Flash SZ last year and bought a matching Epic Flash (non-SZ) 5w. I really enjoyed both but I am not sure I had the best fit. I hit the EF long...really long but had some control issues. I played them right up until I was fit for the Cobra Speedzone at the Distance Bash. Since then, I have been playing the Cobra top end of the bag. I never really tried the Mavrik line to much so far but based on all the feedback from last year's GrandDaddy participants, I would guess I would end up Mavrik Subzero?

To be honest, now that its sunk in, I am going to show up and trust in the very capable and knowledgeable folks at the ECPC to fit me right. ;)

Its going to be one hell of an experience and I can't wait to take you guys along for the ride as best I can.

Last edited:
Interesting question.

I will fess up and say I am a really big Callaway fan already. I've had at least one club if not a full bag of Callaway gear in my bag for the last 10 years or so. Below are my initial thoughts but December is a long ways away and not sure what interesting stuff the Callaway team have been working on that I won' tknow about until I walk in the door.

I'll start with the irons. I played the original Apex Pro's for like 4 years and loved them. Last November when I was getting fit for new irons, I went in expecting to walk out with the Apex Pro 19's. As it turned out, it came down to the Apex Pro's or the T200's. I went T200's just because they were a bit more consistent for me but absolutely loved the Apex Pros. I would imagine that from an iron perspective, I would end up there again.

Wedges and putter are easy. I already play the MD5's in tour grey and absolutely love them. Due to my current gapping, playing 52 deg/56 deg/60 deg setup. That's a no brainer but doesn't mean that I'm going to defer to experts at the ECPC. Especially based on gapping and deferring to the experts on what grinds would best fit my game. I game the Las Vegas now and love it and I am a face-balanced, mallet guy so not sure what will happen there. :)

Driver and fairway woods are a bit different. I replaced my old RazrHawk with an Epic Flash SZ last year and bought a matching Epic Flash (non-SZ) 5w. I really enjoyed both but I am not sure I had the best fit. I hit the EF long...really long but had some control issues. I played them right up until I was fit for the Cobra Speedzone at the Distance Bash. Since then, I have been playing the Cobra top end of the bag. I never really tried the Mavrik line to much so far but based on all the feedback from last year's GrandDaddy participants, I would guess I would end up Mavrik Subzero?

To be honest, now that its sunk in, I am going to show up and trust in the very capable and knowledgeable folks at the ECPC to fit me right. ;)

Its going to be one hell of an experience and I can't wait to take you guys along for the ride as best I can.
Cant wait to join in on your ride! Great response!

Interesting question.

I will fess up and say I am a really big Callaway fan already. I've had at least one club if not a full bag of Callaway gear in gamer rptatopm for the last 10 years or so going all the way back to my first fitted driver ever, the Callaway RazrHawk. Below are my initial thoughts but December is a long ways away and not sure what interesting stuff the Callaway team have been working on that I won't know about until I walk in the door. :)

I'll start with the irons. I played the original Apex Pro's for around 4 years and loved them. Last November when I was getting fit for new irons, I went in expecting to walk out with the Apex Pro 19's. As it turned out, it came down to the Apex Pro's or the T200's which were a complete surprise since I didn't like the AP series. I went T200's just because they were a bit more consistent for me but absolutely loved the Apex Pros. I would imagine that from an iron perspective, I would end up there again.

Wedges and putter are easy. I already play the MD5's in tour grey and absolutely love them. Due to my current gapping, playing 52 deg/56 deg/60 deg setup. That's a no brainer but doesn't mean that I'm going to defer to experts at the ECPC. Especially based on new gapping and deferring to the experts on what grinds would best fit my game. I putt with the Las Vegas now and love it and I am a face-balanced, mallet guy so not sure what will happen there. :)

That is one hell of an answer! Based on the knowledge and experience with Callaway golf products you are going to be a great follow of the Grandmama! Awesome... I do love some Apex Pros!

Congrats!!

Interesting question.

I will fess up and say I am a really big Callaway fan already. I've had at least one club if not a full bag of Callaway gear in gamer rotation for the last 10 years or so going all the way back to my first fitted driver ever, the Callaway RazrHawk. Below are my initial thoughts but December is a long ways away and not sure what interesting stuff the Callaway team have been working on that I won't know about until I walk in the door. :)

Heck of an answer! I especially like this part, and it’d be my approach as well:

“I am going to show up and trust in the very capable and knowledgeable folks at the ECPC to fit me right.”

Back