Constant Thumb Pain

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
I haven't asked my pro about this yet but thought I'd get a little insight on here first. I had a lesson about a week ago and was told to slow my swing down and my take away is altered to have the toe of the club facing up on the back swing and the logo of my glove pointing up (which is a proper takeaway). After having this lesson and swinging I am now encountering constant thumb pain on my left hand (or the top hand on the club).

The location of the pain is on the palm side of my hand right where the bottom of the thumb and palm connect, it feels like nerve damage or a really bad bruise. I can't really stop my swing to tell what is causing it but I literally feel if I keep swinging like this I am going to dislocate my thumb. I use just a regular baseball grip, the hurting thumb inside the palm of my right thumb and that is about it. No interlock or anything. I figure my left hand is coming off the club after impact and my thumb is staying on, causing my right hand to press and put awkward pressure on my thumb.

Does anyone else have this at all?

I had this on my left hand though and it basically felt like m hand cramped up and it hurt like crap. I think that when I swung through the rough one time, it swung so hard that I hurt my hand, it was between my palm and thumb, anyways it was painful for a few days and then it went away but I didn't play for that week!

I have a left wrist injury on the pinky side for the past couple years. I've been in PT for it and it's not helping. Useless information but I thought I'd share. Since I know how much it sucks to play through pain.

Back