Constellations Lyra and Cygnus

Supperman

Reaction score
Handicap
Here are two versions of a picture of the constellations Lyra and Cygnus, taken early Sunday morning (Sept 8). Also, you can see on the right side of the picture, two transients. The lower one is a satellite, and the upper one could very well be a straggler from the Perseid Meteor Shower.

Taken with a Nikon D5600, 10 sec exposure at 1600 ISO. The lens was an old 50mm lens from a film camera.

Attachments

• photo37313.jpg
    photo37313.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 13
  • photo37314.jpg
    photo37314.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 13
Some great pics

Been listening to some radio shows recently talking about the size of the universe. It is truly mind-blowing to think about. Our galaxy alone has hundreds of billions of stars, each likely containing their own solar system of planets. The Universe has hundreds of billions of galaxies, each containing its own hundreds of billions of stars.

Anyway, your photos reminded me of that. Nice shots.

Last edited:
Now I want to listen to Cygnus X-1 by Rush

campilobaxter;n8906141 said:
Been listening to some radio shows recently talking about the size of the universe. It is truly mind-blowing to think about. Our galaxy alone has hundreds of billions of stars, each likely containing their own solar system of planets. The Universe has hundreds of billions of galaxies, each containing its own hundreds of billions of stars.

Anyway, your photos reminded me of that. Nice shots.

Yes it truly is mind-blowing, especially when you're standing under the stars far from city lights.

Back