Construction question...

jjsportz

Lets golf this weekend.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just got my Titleist TSi 2 fresh from Club Champion. Get it home, cuddle it, and discover there is a rattle in the head. What could rattle in a brand new head? There is no hot melt in the head and it has never been hit.

NOT calling any company out I know they will stand by their product. Just curious as to the cause.

No clue. I'd be going straight back to Club Champion though.

I just got my Titleist TSi 2 fresh from Club Champion. Get it home, cuddle it, and discover there is a rattle in the head. What could rattle in a brand new head? There is no hot melt in the head and it has never been hit.

NOT calling any company out I know they will stand by their product. Just curious as to the cause.
Take it back to Club Champion?

Maybe try taking the shaft out wiggle the head around and see if something comes out? I've had it happen before and it went away.

Normally its as simple as some loose epoxy. It can be fixed relatively quickly and CC can definitely take care of that for you.

Take it back to Club Champion?
I've contacted them and they said they would check it out. I'm the type of weird person that likes to find/research the "why" on my own and try to get others opinions.

Maybe try taking the shaft out wiggle the head around and see if something comes out? I've had it happen before and it went away.
Unfortunately I didnt get the tool with the driver. I m just assuming that there is a Titleist tool like TM. Ill look later.

Loose epoxy was my first thought, but since that isn't a glued in head, where would the epoxy come from?
I'm very interested to hear what you find out.

Unfortunately I didnt get the tool with the driver. I m just assuming that there is a Titleist tool like TM. Ill look later.

You certainly should get a tool with the driver from Club Champion. I would look to get that in addition to a fix. Did you pull the shaft out and rattle the head on it's own? It could be epoxy in the shaft also.

Im going in to talk to CC today. Ill keep everyone posted.

UPDATE:

I brought the club back to CC. He took it completely apart and still a rattle. He said he has no idea of what it could be. He's contacting Titleist about an exchange. Meanwhile, Im leaving for a trip in 2 weeks and told CC that I would like it back by then. They told me that if it is not replaced by then they would let me use the demo head from CC.

Im not sure if Im going to find out exactly what the rattle was, but all I know is that its getting replaced.

If the rattle is that noticeable and it is in the head itself, I'd be curious why it wasn't discovered by CC during assembly. And if they did notice it, why they would even think to send it to a customer.

Loose epoxy was my first thought, but since that isn't a glued in head, where would the epoxy come from?
I'm very interested to hear what you find out.

Most of the time it comes from the manufacture adding epoxy to make weight, balance or reduce flex on the face.

UPDATE:

I brought the club back to CC. He took it completely apart and still a rattle. He said he has no idea of what it could be. He's contacting Titleist about an exchange. Meanwhile, Im leaving for a trip in 2 weeks and told CC that I would like it back by then. They told me that if it is not replaced by then they would let me use the demo head from CC.

Im not sure if Im going to find out exactly what the rattle was, but all I know is that its getting replaced.

Glad to see CC is going to do what it takes to have a club for the trip.

UPDATE:

2 really good companies so there was no doubt it would be right.

Sounds like a frustrating thing to deal with after spending so much on a new club, but at least they're taking care of you to the best of their ability.

Back