Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Budget Championship

Catching up on all the event details this morning and I am not shocked another THP event took place with everyone having a blast. Congrats Mounties on the win and I can't wait to see the Truvis design you come up with.

Congrats to KCSmitty for winning the bag for closest to the pin. That's an awesome prize and well done putting it to 10ft.

This place looks amazing through the pictures everyone has shared and I can imagine it looks that much better in person. Thank you to Budget Golf, Callaway and THP for all that you did this past weekend.

travel home safe guys and I am looking forward to some recaps.

It’s the day after and I miss being at the event with everyone.

Thanks to ArmyGolf for driving me around all weekend. It was great seeing and hanging with my GD brother again.

Thanks to Mancest for taking care of the airbnb. We’ve been to a few outings/events together and it’s always great.

Thanks to Ryan at BudgeGolf for being such a generous and gracious host. I really enjoyed the opportunity to sit with Ryan at dinner the first night and get to know him.

Thanks to AJ and Jason for everything. I didn’t get to spend that much time with either of these guys at the GD so it was especially great to be at the same table on night 2.

Thanks to Morgan and JB for putting these events on and giving us normal people abnormal golf opportunities that don’t otherwise exist.

Thanks to SlimJim for being a great partner and being super patient with my terrible golf. And my gosh, James hits the ball a long way.

It was a pleasure playing with and meeting Duffers, KY, KC and ChefChris. Great guys, all. I’d love the chance to tee it up again anytime.

It was great seeing Tim and Checkered again and being able to hang out together.

All the other guys were great. I really appreciated the moments together getting to know you.

That’s a lot of thank you’s. And I feel like I’m forgetting some people and if that’s you, I apologize.

Man, what a fantastic weekend at a great course in a really neat PNW setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got to see Duffer Waldorf at the airport. Just reminds me of how awesome this weekend was. Great group of THPers at an awesome setting.

This was my first official THP event, and the one I was really hoping to get this year. The event, people, swag and course did not disappoint. Everything was top notch.

Played a fun round Friday at Raven with KingVeo, @chefchris and baylrballa, great dudes. That's an awesome course as well.

The dinners and banter were straight up good times.

I let my partner down on Saturday, but redeemed it a little but on Sunday. Thanks for keeping us there, @MoparMan.

Assisted and Derby could not have been better to us as we banged around the course.

Once more, like all have said, thanks JB, Budget and Callaway. The generosity and sincerity of all, and their love of the game and the THP community really showed.

Thanks to everyone I met and got to speak and joke with. You all are some great players and people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Man...going back through the thread and the picture gallery. I have to get to this place sometime soon. My company just put up some buildings in CDA and I think I need to beg them to send me out there for a week.

You guys killed it with updates and Callaway, Budget Golf and THP did it again. Such a great event.

baylrballa;n8903493 said:

Post tournament refreshments were rather divergent.
Safe travels today boys. I'm sure that bottle of 4 Roses the next day have you all felling great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JasonFinleyCG;n8902320 said:
"8 handicap" . - happens all the time

Post of the event... Lol’d for like 10 mins...

Wildcat4life;n8900065 said:
Having lunch at the Rusty Moose. WTF. Definitely not in AZ anymore

You were right across the street from my workplace !

Just got checked though security in Spokane, boy am I going to miss this nice cool weather. Off to Seattle to spend the day at the main office then redeye home to the hot and humid Florida weather.

Safe travels all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

First timer recap and appreciation post!

When I joined THP under the guidance of a friend, my intent was to gain product knowledge and hopefully find a group of guys in my the KC metro.

After this weekend I learned the group was so much more.

I was lucky enough to stay with a group of vets and a soon to be champion. Roger, Curtis, Frank and Tim, thanks for letting me crash on the couch. Shared some great laughs and enjoyed listening to your knowledge of the game and memories of previous THP events.

The pictures you see online of course do not do it justice. By far the most scenic views on a golf course I have experienced.
ChefChris and I had a great time, just could make any putts. Frank and James it was pleasure to play with you both Day 1. James hits the ball as hard as anyone I have ever seen.

Icing on the cake was the ability to play with team Callaway on Sunday. I couldn't shake the jitters at first. After some small talk, couple horrible shots by both teams and a certain someone taking a fall "up" a par 3, I was getting settled in. Stringing 3 bogeys on 15,16 and 17, ChefChris and I were out of it. Thank you AJ and Jason for a round I will never forget.

JB and Morgan, thank you for the all the hard work behind the scenes and making a first time feel like royalty. Food, drinks and conversation were top notch!

Lastly, Budget Golf- the swag and gear are incredible. Your support of our members is unbelievable. Thank you!

Allowing a "Normal Joe" to feel like tour pro for a couple days will never be forgotten.

THANK YOU ALL! ...first timer signing off.

Just want to throw one more congrats to team Mounties #THPchamps!!

Congrats guys well played!!

Congrats, again, to the Mounties, #mythpchamps!

Took me an extra day to get caught up but congrats to the Mounties. Some amazing golf played by all the teams. Once again, hats off to THP and Budget Golf for another incredible event!!

Touched down in Minn for a quick layover before I make my way to NJ. Just wanted to pop in and say my golf bag weighed 33lbs when I checked in on Thursday. 44lbs when I checked in this morning... I'm good on Chromesoft balls for quite a while... Thanks so much THP, BudgetGolf, and Callaway. One more flight!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This was a great follow. Thanks guys for all the updates. Especially enjoyed watching the live island green cam during the matches, such a cool feature!

I am a weary road dog already, but have almost half the miles behind me. Thinking about all the great times this weekend is definitely helping make the drive easier to take. Now a bit of lunch, and another 450 miles or so to the house

Thanks again everyone, it was an unforgettable weekend!

Congrats to the Mounties way to roll it. THP, BUDGET GOLF and CallawayGolf does it again. #BackToMidwestBudgetChampionship2020

KCSmitty;n8903581 said:
First timer recap and appreciation post!

When I joined THP under the guidance of a friend, my intent was to gain product knowledge and hopefully find a group of guys in my the KC metro.

After this weekend I learned the group was so much more.

I was lucky enough to stay with a group of vets and a soon to be champion. Roger, Curtis, Frank and Tim, thanks for letting me crash on the couch. Shared some great laughs and enjoyed listening to your knowledge of the game and memories of previous THP events.

The pictures you see online of course do not do it justice. By far the most scenic views on a golf course I have experienced.
ChefChris and I had a great time, just could make any putts. Frank and James it was pleasure to play with you both Day 1. James hits the ball as hard as anyone I have ever seen.

Icing on the cake was the ability to play with team Callaway on Sunday. I couldn't shake the jitters at first. After some small talk, couple horrible shots by both teams and a certain someone taking a fall "up" a par 3, I was getting settled in. Stringing 3 bogeys on 15,16 and 17, ChefChris and I were out of it. Thank you AJ and Jason for a round I will never forget.

JB and Morgan, thank you for the all the hard work behind the scenes and making a first time feel like royalty. Food, drinks and conversation were top notch!

Lastly, Budget Golf- the swag and gear are incredible. Your support of our members is unbelievable. Thank you!

Allowing a "Normal Joe" to feel like tour pro for a couple days will never be forgotten.

THANK YOU ALL! ...first timer signing off.

This is awesome, this is why I became a member also and finally got involved. The companys make everybody feel special and there is a bunch of great people out there on the forum.

Great event and what a finish! So what happened on 18 for us stuck on the internet with both teams tied at -17?

Didn't get to read anything yesterday but just caught up through the last 1k posts or so, awesome job by everyone with the pics and updates!

Sounded like another amazing event put on by THP, Budget Golf, and Callaway! Congrats to the mounties for the win, hope everyone's Monday blues aren't too bad!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kenomikes;n8903658 said:
Great event and what a finish! So what happened on 18 for us stuck on the internet with both teams tied at -17?

Both teams tied at the start, Army stuck his par putt to 1 foot with a pip. Matty had a birdie putt from the left edge, ~20ft and missed, conceded to The Mounties. Epic finish.

Not a bad road lunch, Togos pastrami is pretty good.
20190909_103044.jpg

57EEF9CA-FA3E-4E64-819A-5CA9BAB4E67D.jpeg
A great night led to a rough morning! I had one more course picture that I don’t remember posting. Short but tough hole #4 (par 4).

It was great meeting everyone and I look forward to meeting more of you at a future event. I would have loved about 3 or 4 more rounds to get to play with everyone at the event! I had a fantastic partner, great VRBO mates and the rounds I played with mancest, wildcat, army, and aljaklaw were truly some of the funnest and most memorable rounds I have played in my lifetime. I wish I would have found THP and joined the albatross club years ago. Congrats again to The Mounties. Great guys who played some great golf this weekend!

Back