Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Budget Championship

Follow Up on a hell of a weekend.

b4023beee6e7cada54c616b79eac3aca.jpg

One of my favorite shots from the weekend. Shot from Beverley’s patio.

I don’t need to mention anything else about the course and town. I see why Jason Finley says its one of his favorite places to visit.

Gentleman, I say it a bit loosely....

I continued to be in awe about what the game of golf does to people. It brings them from far and wide. As I’ve said before, I didn’t grow up around the game. I walked into a job nearly 20 years ago not knowing what a 5 wood was. Definitely not knowing where this game would take me around this country. To see people genuinely becoming friends around a game is amazing. Thanks for letting me watch. I’ve said to J.B. that I want to go to other events just to follow around on the cart. Just to hear the laughs. Being in the business, especially behind the scenes and the Internet, I often lose sight of the people. Hearing and feeling reminds me what it is all about. It isn’t about anything other than you guys. And the rest of the guys and gals and kids playing the game.

Please continue to play. Encourage others to play. Thank you for letting me be a small part of this.

Peace,
Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, sitting at report to fly home. Wanted to make sure to send a note to say thank you for a great event and a great weekend. While AJ and I were awful and AJ literally could not hit the broad side of a barn it was still great to be a part of such an amazing event. I hope many of you will enjoy the prize of the currently unreleased product you won as a result of our poor play. We proved to be fast starters and miserable the rest of the way! Looking forward to working with The Mounties on their custom Truvis designs (wondering how many times I will have to tell them they can't do something) and being in Chicopee to see them being made. Couer d'Alene is such a cool spot and it was great to play the course with everyone and even experience multiple different climates over a weekend. As usual, I loved to be around THPers and experience the passion and energy for the game and the friendships that come from THP events. Great job from JB and (mostly) Morgan in setting up a great weekend and thanks to THP and Ryan/Budget for letting us be a part of this event and bring it to life. I will go ahead and throw this out there - I vote CDA for hosting this event again next year.

I had to take off quickly post round and have been driving to just getting caught up with many posts.

I have been very fortunate to be to several THP events, and they are always fun, memorable and filled with great food and even better people.

I as I always do had an absolute blast, but regret that I didn’t spend more time hanging with what is an awesome group of guys. I haven’t heard one of them referred to as a Richard so I am assuming I am the one in the group.

Ryan your speech post round and your post just above this is so hard to get across to people. Almost 30 people travelled across this country (and from north of the wall) to spend a weekend playing golf. The golf was wonderful but the relationships and great times had will be what stand out far longer.

@JB, Thanks for making these events possible, thanks to budget golf and Callaway for supporting them and thanks to all you hackers who are always so much more welcoming to a guy who chose the name mancest than ANYONE deserves, least of all me.

Congrats to the Mounties on amazing play both days, if I had been told my team would be 14 under I would have designed my truvis months ago. -18 is just incredible. Hope you take my genius idea of a denim jacket and alternating jeans for a classy elegant design.

That said, to all us in the States let’s build that border wall, but to our north so some of us have a chance at once in a lifetime prizes instead of filthy foreigners stealing all the best opportunities.

Thanks to everyone for the updates of this amazing event on an amazing course.

Congrats to my dude ArmyGolf and his teammate aljaklaw for snagging the W on the last couple holes! What a finish!!!

I can't wait to see what y'all come up with for the Truvis design. As a Truvis collector and a 15 handicap designer, my creative consulting services are available for free. :D

Ryan_BudgetGolf ;n8903847 said:
Please continue to play. Encourage others to play. Thank you for letting me be a small part of this
Thank you and Budget for all you do for us hackers!

JasonFinleyCG ;n8903967 said:
Hey all, sitting at report to fly home. Wanted to make sure to send a note to say thank you for a great event and a great weekend. While AJ and I were awful and AJ literally could not hit the broad side of a barn it was still great to be a part of such an amazing event. I hope many of you will enjoy the prize of the currently unreleased product you won as a result of our poor play. We proved to be fast starters and miserable the rest of the way! Looking forward to working with The Mounties on their custom Truvis designs (wondering how many times I will have to tell them they can't do something) and being in Chicopee to see them being made. Couer d'Alene is such a cool spot and it was great to play the course with everyone and even experience multiple different climates over a weekend. As usual, I loved to be around THPers and experience the passion and energy for the game and the friendships that come from THP events. Great job from JB and (mostly) Morgan in setting up a great weekend and thanks to THP and Ryan/Budget for letting us be a part of this event and bring it to life. I will go ahead and throw this out there - I vote CDA for hosting this event again next year.
Thank you and Callaway for all you do for us hackers!

97d26c7c0bb2d71a7bd9c3596f0ec08a.jpg

JasonFinleyCG;n8903967 said:
- I vote CDA for hosting this event again next year.

I second this motion

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wasn't able to follow along for the finish yesterday so firing up the laptop and checking this thread was the first order of business when I got off work, today.

All I can say is "Wow"! What a great read and an awesome finish I finally picked a winning team (Congrats, Mounties)!

Not surprisingly, Budget, Callaway, and THP delivered on another amazing event. Thanks to all involved for the entire thing and bringing us all at home along for the ride.

Congrats to everyone for getting to participate. Lifelong friendships forged, I'm sure.

Thanks, again, for the follow.

I have to say I was pretty well behaved and did not even finish a 12 pack of beer all weekend, but the post Event hangover has hit me hard. It is really going to suck to play a goat track in Cow pasture Florida after 3 rounds at CDA. New irons should be in Friday and just going to have to shake it off and get back after it.

Hole 17 was crazy. It's a really short par 4 and we were down 1 on the tee to Purple Rain.
aljaklaw drops a downhill 20 footer for birdie net eagle.
Then checkered responds by draining a 10 footer for par net birdie to bring us to #18 all tied up.

The momentum changes on that back 9 were fast and furious.

ArmyGolf;n8904163 said:
Hole 17 was crazy. It's a really short par 4 and we were down 1 on the tee to Purple Rain.
aljaklaw drops a downhill 20 footer for birdie net eagle.
Then checkered responds by draining a 10 footer for par net birdie to bring us to #18 all tied up.

The momentum changes on that back 9 were fast and furious.

It was awesome to watch from 18 green. You guys finished awesome. Great shot to the pin. Congrats again!

Finally back home. What a great weekend. Not much more I can add that hasn't been covered to this point. Budget golf, Ryan, THP, Callaway just a huge thanks to everyone who makes these things possible. Being a first timer I still wasn't quite sure what to expect from just looking at old threads, but it was everything and more. Only regret is that with such a big group there were many guys I didn't get to interact with much, but everyone I did was top notch. I think everyone is going to tune in to the next Shipshow featuring Finley to hear which excuses he goes with.

Finally back home in Louisville.

Words really can’t describe what we were lucky enough to be a part of this past weekend. One helluva group of guys that I had an absolute blast with. Some of which may have closed each bar down in Coeur last night.

To my partner, Duffer Waldorf it was awesome playing along side of you. We have the games to compete. Unfortunately it just wasn’t this weekend. Thanks man, can’t wait to play with you again.

Ryan, Finley & AJ what can I say. It’s truly unbelievable what you guys do to make some regular golfers feel like they are on top of the world. Not just this weekend but all year long. Not sure Thank You is enough, but Thank You!

JB & Morgan, this thing called THP you’ve created is simply one of my favorite things about the game of golf. It’s the first & last thing I do almost daily. And I’m not the only one who can say that. Lifetime memories and friends made forever. I’ve travelled to 5 states this summer to play with THPers outside of THP events and more to come. Again, Thank You is not enough but it’s all I have. Thank You both and I truly appreciate everything you both do.

What an event. Congrats to The Mounties. Can’t wait to see this golf ball.

I should’ve stopped and ordered a dozen of those orange rolls from the resort. Man those were good.

jim54;n8904118 said:
I have to say I was pretty well behaved and did not even finish a 12 pack of beer all weekend, but the post Event hangover has hit me hard. It is really going to suck to play a goat track in Cow pasture Florida after 3 rounds at CDA. New irons should be in Friday and just going to have to shake it off and get back after it.
You said you were off. I'm assuming that's true, which means I am afraid of your A game, but any time you are up my way, open invite.

KY Golfer;n8904232 said:
Finally back home in Louisville.

Words really can’t describe what we were lucky enough to be a part of this past weekend. One helluva group of guys that I had an absolute blast with. Some of which may have closed each bar down in Coeur last night.

It's easy to have a good time with you man, you are a fun sumbitch

Kenomikes;n8903658 said:
Great event and what a finish! So what happened on 18 for us stuck on the internet with both teams tied at -17?
MoparMan almost had it...

ArmyGolf and I both put our drives where we wanted to. It was decided that I should play it safe and take the greenside bunker out play by laying up to ensure at least a net par. ArmyGolf then decides to go after the pin as his miss that day was left. He sticks it to gimme range. Amazing. Pop on the hole gives us a net eagle and the win!

mancest;n8904001 said:

Im sure when this was made, there were some questions lol

aljaklaw;n8904251 said:
MoparMan almost had it...

ArmyGolf and I both put our drives where we wanted to. It was decided that I should play it safe and take the greenside bunker out play by laying up to ensure at least a net par. ArmyGolf then decides to go after the pin as his miss that day was left. He sticks it to gimme range. Amazing. Pop on the hole gives us a net eagle and the win!

Oh wow, I didn’t realize Army drove it over the bunker on that hole. Solid!

Thanks to everyone for a great time this past weekend. Was great to meet all of you and hang out on & around the course. Great time in the Airbnb with mancest, time4tim, KCsmitty, t4k...I had my doubts about 5 men and 1 bathroom but we executed like we'd been there before lol. Thanks for setting that up Roger! Shoutout to T4K for riding around with me this weekend. I simply cannot be around Frank and not have an awesome time despite his nationalist tendencies and his unfounded hatred of Canada hehe.

Saturday's round with aljaklaw, oumagic, and magicspell was a round that I'll never forget. It's not often you show up to an event/tournament and your absolute A-game shows up with you but I sure as hell enjoyed the ride with that awesome group. Special shoutout to my Caddie for both days, Spencer. This guy didn't miss a read for me over 36 holes, put me in my favorite approach yardages, and had me landing every pitch/chip in the perfect spot. If you ever play CDA, ask for him - he's an absolute BOSS.

Again, huge thanks to THP for (finally - hehe) coming up to the PNW and hosting a great weekend. Thanks to Budget Golf for making awesomeness possible for THPers every year. Thanks to Finley, AJ, and Callaway for coming out and taking this event and cranking it up to another level. Thanks to Coeur D'Alene Golf Course for being the perfect venue for this event.

What an amazing adventure. From meeting old friends, KY Golfer and Wildcat4life, to playing golf with, and meeting new ones. This past weekend put on by THP and Budget Golf was so much fun. Thank you doesn't even begin to do justice for the generosity put forth by these two. Naturally, we can't forget Callaway who came all the way up from Dago with an unnamed prize feeling confident most groups wouldn't win. Unfortunately their plans didn't quite work out how they thought it would. But yet they were even still generous enough to bring a few hundred Grandaddy logoed Truvis golf balls for us all.

Of course we can't post about the weekend without congratulating the winners, ArmyGolf and aljaklaw. I know we are all looking forward to seeing what design you guys come up with. Truthfully, I'm just glad it wasn't a runaway and it came down to the final hole. tequila4kapp and I obviously wanted to pull out the win but it wasn't meant to be. We left too many good opportunities out on the golf course which ultimately caused our demise.

THP events are on a level all their own, and truly make this place something special. Without the behind the scenes coordination of GolferGal and the on hand work (vacation) done by @JB, this forum would just be another place to talk golf. Golfers truly don't know what they are missing out on by not being a part of this community.

And if anyone wants to see the prerelease equipment the teams that beat team Callaway won, you can check the Callaway website now. Pretty sweet.

Spent the whole day in airports, so it’s nice to be out of one today. Left Spokane last night and arrived for the second leg of my golf vacation. Hitting Pine Dunes today, outside of Dallas and then heading to The Golf Club of Houston.

2BFAST;n8904338 said:
Im sure when this was made, there were some questions lol

He asked if I wanted that or my real name, when I told him my real name was Kash Weidich he quit asking questions and happily put mancest on there.

mancest;n8904530 said:
He asked if I wanted that or my real name, when I told him my real name was Kash Weidich he quit asking questions and happily put mancest on there.

Simply one of a kind you are

What a weekend!!!! Another amazing THP event in the books.

I want to start out by thanking @JB and GolferGal for just putting on a world class event at one of the most beautiful tracks that I have ever played. These things cannot be easy to pull off and they just keep doing that.

Thank you to Ryan at Budget Golf. What a great sponsor and very generous. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but every participant will receive a dozen of the Truvis with the winner's design and Ryan is going to donate those proceeds to charity as well. Thank you to Callaway for being another great sponsor. I loved the round I got to play with JasonFinleyCG and @AJ Voelpel. Just a couple of great guys. The highlight of the weekend for me was to birdie #14 with those guys in the group.

Thank you to mancest . He bailed us out more times than I can count. Great guy and one of the funniest guys I've ever teed it up with. If you ever need a partner.....Just give me a call. Congratulations to the Mounties ArmyGolf and aljaklaw !!!! Just amazing playing and there is no shame losing to guys that are playing their best.

Also want to thank all the other THPers who participated. The guys on this board just make these events what they are. Teed it up with oumagic and MagicSpell on Sunday, just a great day. Got to meet up with old friends, KYgolfer and slimjim32 again and had a great time.

If anyone is on the fence about participating in a THP event, just do it!!!! You will never regret it.

Back