Contest and Live Update Thread: The 2019 Budget Championship

Duffer Waldorf;n8905363 said:
It's near criminal that 3 of those orange rolls went to waste.

What??!! Disappointed in the efforts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tons of predictions and a large number picked the winning team. Congrats, you got selected. Please send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and we will get this right out to you.

djt311;n8896983 said:
Going with the Mounties

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

djt311, good fortune is with you! Congratulations!

Awesome, can't wait to see what swag I may receive. Again congrats to the Mounties this event was an awesome follow and came down to the wire.

Congrats djt311! I'm sure the prize pack will be amazing!

djt311;n8905472 said:
Awesome, can't wait to see what swag I may receive. Again congrats to the Mounties this event was an awesome follow and came down to the wire.

Congrats on the win!!!! Will be neat to see the spoils of victory!!

Congrats djt311

Congrats dude! Thx for the vote of confidence!

Congrats man! Look forward to seeing the awesome prize pack.

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MattyDMPLS;n8905320 said:
To my Silver Beach crew! It was awesome!

millsan1 Thanks for everything you did to set up the house and cooking dinner! As well as being a funny funny dude! There weren't many where we weren't laughing something ridiculous! Can't wait to play a round of golf with you! Duffer Waldorf thank you for getting the rental car! Playing at Indian Canyon was a ton of fun, hitting bombs off the tee and on the green! OldeDude your relaxed attitude and passion for the game made it so easy to play with! You almost making an ace on #4 saturday was awesome to see! Sometimes hitting the pin hurts you! jim54 You might be the biggest club technician I have played with! Your knowledge of the game is pretty awesome! hopefully those Miura irons treat you well! Team Assisted Living was a pleasure to play with! KingVeo The joy that you have in the game is awesome! I didn't get to see your "winning" tee shot on Saturday but I got to see you stripe one Sunday morning! Just like Anthony, I hope we get a round in sometime!

Coming back to the house after golf and BSing on the deck was something I will always remember! Seeing the passion you guys had for boxing was something! Learning that fishing line is freaking expensive! Quoting dumb movies! Thank you! thank you! Thank you!

MattyDMPLS that is what is called an internet golfer!! I can talk a good game but not deliver the goods...but we had fun

Last edited:
MattyDMPLS;n8905320 said:
To my Silver Beach crew! It was awesome!

millsan1 Thanks for everything you did to set up the house and cooking dinner! As well as being a funny funny dude! There weren't many where we weren't laughing something ridiculous! Can't wait to play a round of golf with you! Duffer Waldorf thank you for getting the rental car! Playing at Indian Canyon was a ton of fun, hitting bombs off the tee and on the green! OldeDude your relaxed attitude and passion for the game made it so easy to play with! You almost making an ace on #4 saturday was awesome to see! Sometimes hitting the pin hurts you! jim54 You might be the biggest club technician I have played with! Your knowledge of the game is pretty awesome! hopefully those Miura irons treat you well! Team Assisted Living was a pleasure to play with! KingVeo The joy that you have in the game is awesome! I didn't get to see your "winning" tee shot on Saturday but I got to see you stripe one Sunday morning! Just like Anthony, I hope we get a round in sometime!

Coming back to the house after golf and BSing on the deck was something I will always remember! Seeing the passion you guys had for boxing was something! Learning that fishing line is freaking expensive! Quoting dumb movies! Thank you! thank you! Thank you!

I had a great time this weekend, but honestly, chilling on the deck and BSing was up there. 6 Dudes, all strangers, all comfortable and happy with each other right away. Really made a great weekend even better.

Careful what you ask for, it is not beyond me to hop in the car and drive 24 hours.

1 funny moment from the weekend, time4tim ArmyGolf tequila4kapp KCSmitty and I all shared an 850 square foot house that somehow ended up working great. Saturday morning while we we waiting for everyone to shower, Army says he found some Grandaddy truvis balls in his garage and if I would want want. I said yes very emphatically, and he went to his bag and grabbed me one.

It was a big deal and I gave him as heartfelt of a thank you as my bitter self can give, I mean I was really freaking touched. Cut to maybe 3 hours later and Finley/AJ have brought literally hundreds of the same ball and told all of us lucky participants to fill their bags as they are not going back to Carlsbad with them.

Really nice of Curtis to literally give me the last of an extremely rare item only for it to them magically be given away by the dozen later that day.

djt311;n8905472 said:

congrats!!!

Just noticed the new HOF tags under ArmyGolf and aljaklaw now.
Good looking there.

ArmyGolf;n8905494 said:
Congrats dude! Thx for the vote of confidence!

Dang broskie....one moer HOF tag and you will be reppin the 5X!

Thank you again to Budget Golf for supporting us. I just used my gift card to acquire a range finder, which I really am looking forward to using.

millsan1;n8907403 said:
I just used my gift card to acquire a range finder, which I really am looking forward to using.

Uh oh, look out now. You'll be throwing darts for sure.

millsan1;n8907403 said:
Thank you again to Budget Golf for supporting us. I just used my gift card to acquire a range finder, which I really am looking forward to using.

Which rangefinder did you buy?

ChefChris79;n8907470 said:
Which rangefinder did you buy?

NX9. Seems to be a good upgrade from the NX7, which I read lots of good about.

millsan1;n8907476 said:
NX9. Seems to be a good upgrade from the NX7, which I read lots of good about.

I've got the same one in my cart at Budget right now, lol. Along with some golf gloves and socks...

MagicSpell;n8907507 said:
I've got the same one in my cart at Budget right now, lol. Along with some golf gloves and socks...

Mine came in Saturday while we were in CDA. Took it out of the box and messed around with it at home a little.

Looking forward to using it this weekend.

KY Golfer;n8907513 said:
Mine came in Saturday while we were in CDA. Took it out of the box and messed around with it at home a little.

Looking forward to using it this weekend.

Are you happy with it so far? I've never had a rangefinder so this is something I want to get right...

Back