Contest - Bridgestone WGC Invitational Contest

I took the dark horse route this time...

Rory McIlroy
Dustin Johnson
Steve Stricker

Robert Allenby slipped on his boat while fishing and tore ligaments in his right knee. He's out for Bridgestone & the PGA Championship.

Robert Allenby slipped on his boat while fishing and tore ligaments in his right knee. He's out for Bridgestone & the PGA Championship.
Thanks for the update JB. He was on my "might pick" list.

Tiger - 90%
Kuch - 50%

I have used Kuchar in several other of these contests this year... why stop now?

The third pick is going to be HUGE since so many people will be taking kuchar and woods.

Here is a question for everybody. TW has certainly been a "regular" golfer this year. Going to a tournament that he has completely OWNED for the last decade. If he does not win, does that tell us more than if he does win? Is this almost a MUST win for him for this year?

Tiger needs to win. If not this one, this year. It will help ratings and game sales. The more people watching golf the better for the sponsors.

I'm in...thanks again THP! I took woods, and I'd bet so did 80%+ of everyone else. I'm guessing Kuchar is less that 50%.

Also...just curious as to why its just 3 players for this one?

My picks are in. Great contest, thanks THP and B-stone.

Here is a question for everybody. TW has certainly been a "regular" golfer this year. Going to a tournament that he has completely OWNED for the last decade. If he does not win, does that tell us more than if he does win? Is this almost a MUST win for him for this year?

This is a MUST for him!!
Does it say more if he does not win? depending how he plays... If his game is on, and he is near the top, and loses to a guy that played AMAZING, then I think it is ok... If he does soso... then yeah, that speaks a lot! Will TW be back on his game? is it just a question of just "When?"

Westwood, Kuchar, and Fowler. How bout dem apples eh?

McIroy, O'Hair, Kuchar

I'm not sure if this is a must win for Tigger but it's a must Top 10 for him. He needs a good showing heading into the PGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwood Furyk Stricker heh, this could be ugly.

LOL just a top10 is never a good showing for tiger[according to many]. t4 wasnt even a good showing at the us open or masters.
I'm not sure if this is a must win for Tigger but it's a must Top 10 for him. He needs a good showing heading into the PGA

I took Woods, Kuchar, and Cink. I do think Tiger needs this win for his mind more than anything. I think its all mental with Tiger this year.

i took kuch, mickelson and westwood!! i went with my fav's on this one, well, and kuch for the double payout!

tiger needs to win in a bad way, the more tournaments that go by that he doesn't win, and shows that he's a mere mortal, the more of that "unbeatable" edge he loses to the other guys. i honestly believe that he doesn't intimidate like he use to and i think that won him a lot of tournaments. remember when guys would openly say how they were all playing for second place? you just don't hear that anymore. tiger looks vulnerable, there's a huge chink in his armour right now and he needs to win, and win convincingly against a field like this one to reestablish himself

Rickie Fowler
Rory McIlroy
Justin Rose
Tiebreaker 268

Probably way too low on the score but who knows how many 59's are going to be shot THIS week! hehehe

Rickie Fowler
Rory McIlroy
Justin Rose
Tiebreaker 268

Probably way too low on the score but who knows how many 59's are going to be shot THIS week! hehehe

Going with the young guns huh?

Went with Westwood, Stricker, Kuchar.

geez, am i the only one that took phil? for those of you that considered and then didn't take him, how come? i'm just curious.

Kuchar, Ollie Wilson, Hunter Mahan. Tried to find some sleepers who did well here last year.
Jimenez was my first alternate, so he'll win.

Winner looks like this:

Puttin4Bird---

1. Matt Kuchar
2. Tiger Woods
3. Steve Stricker

Tie breaker: 267

Yeah baby!!! That JUST happened, SHAKE AND BAKE!

geez, am i the only one that took phil? for those of you that considered and then didn't take him, how come? i'm just curious.

tc, I thought about Phil but the reason I went with Stricker over him was the recent results from Mickelson when he's had a chance to take over #1 in the world. I don't know that it means much but he just hasn't been nailing it lately, I would love for him to win it though!

TW
Westy
Jiminez

I thought about Lefty, but he hasn't been very hot lately. I think I dun goofed on the tiebreaker. Ooops.

B/C he's been so inconsistent this year. One day he can light the world on fire on another it's British Open Phil. I'm hoping he does well (good for ratings) but I don't think it's in the cards for him this tourney (which in turn he will now finish first after I said that).

Back