Contest - Cleveland Launcher SL290 Driver

We have 666 fans on Facebook. This number cannot stay! So let's get another fan and entry for this contest at the same time!!

My entry will be in today, although my Facebook entry is already in! Email will be coming today GG!

I just entered. this is an awesome contest. Good luck everyone!

Just entered the contest too! Thanks to Cleveland and THP for another awesome contest! Good luck everybody!

Gah! So busy at work and home. Having a hard time getting my thoughts together for this contest.

I think it would be great if folks would share their entries in this thread (if that's ok with JB and GG). I would love to see what folks have to say about the topic at hand.

I think it would be great if folks would share their entries in this thread (if that's ok with JB and GG). I would love to see what folks have to say about the topic at hand.

Sure is okay with us. Would love to see this thread blow up for THP and the company that donated this awesome driver.

This was mine:

I think going with a lighter driver may be better for my game because I am not a longer hitter by any means, so being able to generate more club head speed from a lighter driver would hopefully equal more distance for me which would be a big advantage.

Simple and to the point I thought. Thanks THP and Cleveland!

We got a ton of good ones.

We got a ton of good ones.

I believe you, now we just need everyone to post there's up here! C'mon everyone, follow TC's suggestion and my example, and post yours up!

This is an awesome contest. I am not as clever/funny as everyone else so my entry shall remain between me and...well whoever else reads it. Thanks THP & Cleveland. Really really want to try a Miyazaki shaft. No one around my parts have these to hit. Good luck everybody

Alright I entered. Here's my entry:

I'm struggling for a few extra yards every round I play. When you are hoping for 230, you relish those times when you hit the ball 250. A wedge is better than a mid iron ALL DAY. Experience has taught me that lighter isn't really harder to control, but it sure is longer.

Since everybody else is sharing their essay, I'll share mine....

I believe going lighter has been better for my game because since losing 40 lbs, I have more flexibility, more stamina, and more energy to walk a full 18 holes without getting winded. Or, if you're talking about lighter golf clubs, that one is easy- lighter club equals faster swing.

Lighter = better. It encourages me to swing softer (and improves mechanics) while still providing the same clubhead speed! Less effort, same distance, more accuracy. Can't beat that!

Let's not forget about this one guys, this is a huge prize!

Here's mine: {Quote} I'm a cranky ol bas*ard and I needed something to liven up my spirits! The Doc told me the new Cleveland Launcher SL290 that comes with great clubhead speed and is lightweight to boot, was the perfect prescription {Unquote}

Well this is the original version:

I feel this driver would be right for me because when I demo'd it in West Palm Beach it worked great! Plus being 60 yrs old the lighter driver would fit me to a tee. I would love to be a walking billboard for Cleveland Golf.

Last edited:
Here's mine:

The Cleveland Launchers are so light,
I am sure my drives will all take flight.
With so little weight to impede my swing,
The ball will take off like it was jumping from a spring!

This is mine.. Stupid typo.

"Lighter to me means I must play in control and within myself. These are keys to a good swing golf for me. When I play to these strengths, my game is better and I have more fun. Playing well and having fun sounds great to me."

Lots of great entries guys. Keep them coming. Only a couple of days left to enter.

I just wanna say that I LOVE this site! You guys are so awesome for doing stuff like this ALL the time!!! Thank you THP, you always make my day better!

It takes a little humility to show the world what you wrote in your entry! If you guys have courage to do it, then I will too! Here's mine:

"Why do we crave lighter? Lighter means faster. From football cleats to aircraft and automobiles, lighter means high performance.The lighter SL290 is better for my game because the club will produce the speed - all I need to do is swing. Cleveland, Miyazaki, and my Srixon balls = get your popcorn!"

Back