Contest - KBS Custom Series Shafts - 3 Winners

MSB256, Maybe your name is so long that it's still in the engraving dept. :act-up:

HA! Good one! But, I went with first inital, last name, so it's not that long!

What an amazing prize. Congrats guys!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

MSB, you should probably email him tomorrow. Just explain to him that me and Rvick got ours and you are checking to see that your was shipped out as well. Conrad was great to deal with and I am sure he could find out for you. Because yeah, it is a little odd that Rvick and I got ours two days ago and you still haven't got yours.

MSN356,

Still no shafts? Yeah, I would take jeff's advice and contact Conrad and explain that Jeff and I both got ours already. He's been great to deal with and I'm sure he will take care of the problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MSN356,

Still no shafts? Yeah, I would take jeff's advice and contact Conrad and explain that Jeff and I both got ours already. He's been great to deal with and I'm sure he will take care of the problem.

Thanks guys. I sent an email. I'm probably worrying over nothing. Maybe they'll be there when I get home from work.

Thanks guys. I sent an email. I'm probably worrying over nothing. Maybe they'll be there when I get home from work.

I hope so!

I hope so!

I got an email back from Conrad. It's taking some time because apparently there's a shortage on the white shafts due to the demand. That's all perfectly fine. Now I can stop worrying about if they were delivered to the right place or if someone took them or what not.

I got an email back from Conrad. It's taking some time because apparently there's a shortage on the white shafts due to the demand. That's all perfectly fine. Now I can stop worrying about if they were delivered to the right place or if someone took them or what not.

That stinks! But glad everything is good. Can't wait to see them!

Well, at least you have some peace of mind now. A LOT of people have been going with the white, and for good reason, so that makes sense. Glad Conrad got back with you.

Yep. Thanks fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I hit a set of these on the monitor today, and they're just not for me...now I have some decisions to make.

So I hit a set of these on the monitor today, and they're just not for me...now I have some decisions to make.

Send 'em down to your buddy jack who loves the Pittsburgh Panthers and thinks Darren is a kick ass name. And K is my favorite letter.

Send 'em down to your buddy jack who loves the Pittsburgh Panthers and thinks Darren is a kick ass name. And K is my favorite letter.

Hahaha. Trade them for a VR_S driver you say? I like the sound of that.

Why weren't these for you, Darren K? I am interested in hearing what your were seeing with them. Did you go S flex or R flex? The biggest adjustment for me will be the weight. I have never gamed an iron shaft this heavy, so that is going to be a bit of a shell shock the first few times.

Why weren't these for you, Darren K? I am interested in hearing what your were seeing with them. Did you go S flex or R flex? The biggest adjustment for me will be the weight. I have never gamed an iron shaft this heavy, so that is going to be a bit of a shell shock the first few times.

The weight was something I didn't have a problem with. I was just not getting the ball flight that I like out of irons. It was a bit lower than I was seeing with the stock shafts and my spin numbers seemed to be a bit higher, which saw me lose the ball a little when I tried to hit my go-to cut shot. I think I may either hang on to these and get some Wishon heads down the road, or else I'm going to try to sell them and maybe get some clothes or put them toward college.

The weight was something I didn't have a problem with. I was just not getting the ball flight that I like out of irons. It was a bit lower than I was seeing with the stock shafts and my spin numbers seemed to be a bit higher, which saw me lose the ball a little when I tried to hit my go-to cut shot. I think I may either hang on to these and get some Wishon heads down the road, or else I'm going to try to sell them and maybe get some clothes or put them toward college.

Thanks for your thoughts man. I don't think I am too worried about the lower ball flight with me. I hit my irons pretty damn high as it is and could bring my trajectory down without worrying about it too much. Like I said, the weight is going to throw me off for a bit. I might actually throw one of my spare shafts into my a7's and see how I like them. I am dying to hit them.

Thanks for your thoughts man. I don't think I am too worried about the lower ball flight with me. I hit my irons pretty damn high as it is and could bring my trajectory down without worrying about it too much. Like I said, the weight is going to throw me off for a bit. I might actually throw one of my spare shafts into my a7's and see how I like them. I am dying to hit them.
Don't get me wrong here, it may have very well been the monitor. You know how those work. I just don't exactly know if I want them in. I'm getting the current stock shafts cut down to standard (got them +1" off MattyKrack) and I'm going to see how they work. If they're still prime, I'm going to just leave them in for now.

Woot. Finally got these in. And they look fab. I'm not a thp winner (twitter or fb not sure which one lol) but I figure I'll post here when I get these put on my mp-63s and any other thoughts I have on them. Thanks again kbs!

a2540d92-af4d-5e7e.jpg

Mine came from LA warehouse on the FedEx sticker even though their offices are in CO.

Tappin in putts from iOS

Very nice, Jeremy! Glad you're happy with them man!

Very nice, Jeremy! Glad you're happy with them man!

Yeah we'll see how they work with the heads I'm putting them in. I'm hoping to get a nice mid-flight trajectory.

Finally got my mp-63 clubs shafted at golf galaxy and an iron fitting. The mizuno shaft optimizer recommended kbs tour in S which was nice. They look awesome and so far I love the pure grips. Hit once on the range and I have a scramble tournament on Monday. Well see how they do.

45893270-ac77-4a05.jpg

45893270-acf7-653d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice Jer the shaft will serve you well

Very nice Jer the shaft will serve you well

Love these irons. Had a fun time at the scramble. I love the feel of these irons and the shafts make them feel solid. I'm not sure how to explain it but everything feels more compact. Maybe it's less whippy than the S300s I had in my mp-30s. Had a 185yd 7i downhill hit about 12' from the hole in one par3. To bad the closest was already 17"!

I encourage anyone to try the KBS Tours out if they are looking to get fit. It was one of the recommendations from the Mizuno fit system and the one the pro recommended for my swing.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I finally had the shafts I won from this contest installed! I had them put into my Callaway Razr X Forged irons (4-PW) and they look sweet! I also chose to add the Lamkin NDUR 3Gen black/white grips on them. I haven't spent much time on the range with them yet but so far the shaft feels very smooth. Can't wait to get these babies out on the course!

Spoiler
IMG_7919_zps560a46a7.jpg

Spoiler
IMG_7921_zpsd9a189e7.jpg

These things feel as great as they look to me!

Back