CONTEST Contest: New Forum Moods - 2019 Grandaddy of em All

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2019 edition is coming and we have the captains and 9 participants, but need a full team of 11 THPers. This is contest #10 and you could be joining them.

ECk-QQiXUAIDPZK.jpg

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf against the Zoo Crew (Callaway Marketing team)
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
Mood Challenge. One of the new fun features of the THP Forum is setting your mood! To find this go to your avatar and name at the top right of the forum and you will see the word Mood with a dropdown option. From there you can pick any of the moods you see, and you can change it as many times as you want.
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 8.21.05 AM.png

Qualifying
You must be a 2019 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
Your job is to set your mood for this contest and the new THP Forum, and then post in this thread why you chose it. Make sure to take a look at all of them, there are some fun ones in there and more be adding every day. Obviously we will see it under your name when you make that post. Just one of the fun new features of the THP Forum.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open for about a week.

Good luck everyone, looking forward to the next teammate.

In a lucky mood cause I’m feeling someone is gonna get real lucky and join the team!

Last edited:
I went with Snap Happy as I have to take a lot of pictures today...and have already taken a bunch already.

I chose wisdomatic, not because I have all the wisdom, but because I am ready to take in the wisdom of everyone at callaway and spread to the forums with pictures, gifs, videos, and team talks.

I chose Amazed as my mood, because I am amazed that such an event has been conceived and executed even once - let alone on an annual basis. (y)

Digging it! What and Why- Digging the new features of the forum. As a new 'er' member, theses features allow you to show more personality and get a sense of who others are.

Feeling like an ace.....because this event is the ace of all events!

There it is fellas laid out right in front of you. I bet your mood will change when you get that PM from JB!!

If the shoe fits...

I had to go with the caffeine/coffee mood. It's the only one to keep me going this week as life has gotten super hectic with kids/school/activities/busy weekends/and now possibly a 14 hr each way whirlwind trip for my Aunt & Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. I need a vacation to the Granddaddy :ROFLMAO:

Mummified - Because I feel wrapped up in so many different things right now, it just kind of fits !

I chose 'Greedy' because I just got back from an amazing THP Event that was one of the coolest experiences I'll ever have and I am already itching to get the call to go to another.

I chose 'speechless' as that is what I would initially be to chosen to participate in the Grandaddy!!

Going with aggressive. For the forum, GG worked her butt off for a few weeks straight making sure it was strong enough for beta testing for staffers to try and break it.

For the contest, I mean... 2 spots left. Kinda time to start making your move. Gotta swing for the fences and fire at pins if you have the shot for it

I was torn between a few but went with the 'Not Worthy' mood as that is probably the way that a lot of people feel about the treatment that the participants receive when they make the Grandaddy trip

For me, to be given the chance to meet some of the best in the business and spend time talking, chilling, playing golf and having a laugh is special enough, but for the team that fits and builds the clubs, and the hospitality provided by Al and all of The Hideaway members and staff is something above and beyond what any person could expect and I believe that none of us are really worthy of something so special, so thank you to JB, GG, and everyone at Callaway and The Hideaway for this opportunity

I chose “Beer Lover” for two reasons. 1 - Trying different beers is a hobby. 2 - I’m on vacation and there is a lot of beer tasting going on ?

and just like that a spot is ready to be taken. good luck everyone.

Love the Grandaddy contests! Cant wait to see everyone's mood today.

Oooo what a fun contest with a ton of moods to choose from. The NSFW ones would have made for some interesting entries... :)

2 spots left. Get after it, and good luck!

1568814694386.gif

Having being selected for the Budget Golf THP Championship, I am feeling pretty lucky to just be a part of this forum! If I were to be selected to the Grandaddy it would be icing on the cake! So that is why I chose Breezy as my mood.

Good luck to everyone!

I chose festive, because I'd love to help team THP win the Christmas Sweater/Jacket competition and because I'd celebrate like a kid on Christmas if I got the call!

Last edited:
Go get it guys. Looking forward to welcoming a new teammate to the crew!

Back