Contest Winners Thread

It came from Sligo. We had a few sizes and we asked for yours. You told us 32 waist and medium shirt.

We sent 32 waist and a Large shirt because the shirt runs slighly smaller and is their Knit shirt that is 100% cotton. We sent the belt to correspond with the pant size you provided us.

Sorry about this, but we went with the only info we had. I am sure if you email Sligo, they will take care of it for you.

The pants are a great tech material Harry.

Dent-

I'm interested in case I want to order something in the future:

Are you saying that the pants run a little big (i.e. you normally wear a 32, but these are a 32 and they are too big.)

JB is right about ordering a belt a size up. (The only exception I've found is, oddly enough, J. Lindeberg. The belts I have from them, I had to order in the same size as my pants.)

It came from Sligo. We had a few sizes and we asked for yours. You told us 32 waist and medium shirt.

We sent 32 waist and a Large shirt because the shirt runs slighly smaller and is their Knit shirt that is 100% cotton. We sent the belt to correspond with the pant size you provided us.

Sorry about this, but we went with the only info we had. I am sure if you email Sligo, they will take care of it for you.

The pants are my fault. No blame on your part there. The shirt is fine, just a little long but large is the only one you had. I just didn't know that you go 2 sizes up for a belt.

I'll try my best to get it exchanged, no biggy.

I know, but I am REALLY picky about how the material feels. To date, I've only found 1 that I genuinely like, and Nike never made that in a flat-front pant and then quit making in in shorts too.

The pants are my fault. No blame on your part there. The shirt is fine, just a little long but large is the only one you had. I just didn't know that you go 2 sizes up for a belt.

No blame needed for anybody. As for the belt, we went two sizes up because that is how they fit me and most others that wear them. You want big rather than small.

We had more than one size of the shirt. We sent the large because the reasons stated above.

Here is the prize I won during the Charity raffle. Great clothes and my fiance even approves of them :banana: Thanks again, these are some great clothes
Easter080001.jpg

Nice clothes jm! You sure joined up at the right time!

82% Polyester, 14% Rayon, 2% Lycra Twill.

But what does it feel like?

For example, what other pants do you wear for golf? Nike Dri-Fit Tech? Adidas ClimaCool Tech?

EDIT: P.S. I know this is a virtually impossible question for you to answer because everyone has different ways of understanding "feel."

EDIT #2: oh, and Dent - all Sligo pants come in the same length. Getting them shortened would be simple and cheap. Almost any dry cleaners can do it for you.

But what does it feel like?

For example, what other pants do you wear for golf? Nike Dri-Fit Tech? Adidas ClimaCool Tech?

EDIT: P.S. I know this is a virtually impossible question for you to answer because everyone has different ways of understanding "feel."

EDIT #2: oh, and Dent - all Sligo pants come in the same length. Getting them shortened would be simple and cheap. Almost any dry cleaners can do it for you.

They are a little heavier than the Dri-fit and Adidas pants material, a bit thicker as well.

Yes I would say they do run a little big.

They are a little heavier than the Dri-fit and Adidas pants material, a bit thicker as well.

Yes I would say they do run a little big.

Cool, thanks.

No blame needed for anybody. As for the belt, we went two sizes up because that is how they fit me and most others that wear them. You want big rather than small.

We had more than one size of the shirt. We sent the large because the reasons stated above.

Here's the scoop on belts...

If you'll notice, most belts have 5 holes. You want for the belt to fit you on the middle hole, with room to expand or tighten as necessary.

The rule of thumb for belts, is to buy one that is 2" greater than your pant waist size in order to put you in the correct hole on your belt.

I learned this when I was a kid. I got the same explanation from the man at the western store (where I bought a new pair of boots and some jeans before the school year) and the man at Dillards told me the same thing when shopping for a 'dressy' outfit for church and stuff.

A good tailor ought to be able to do the whole job, for not a whole lot. I want a closeup of the belt buckle!

JMB, that is one snazzy outfit!

Here's the scoop on belts...

If you'll notice, most belts have 5 holes. You want for the belt to fit you on the middle hole, with room to expand or tighten as necessary.

The rule of thumb for belts, is to buy one that is 2" greater than your pant waist size in order to put you in the correct hole on your belt.

I learned this when I was a kid. I got the same explanation from the man at the western store (where I bought a new pair of boots and some jeans before the school year) and the man at Dillards told me the same thing when shopping for a 'dressy' outfit for church and stuff.

Thanks Gummi! The belt I had was at the last hole and still loose. I just emailed Sligo and it looks like they will be able to do an exchange.

Just got home from my weekly self abuse on the golf course and found my wife's clubs have arrived. She isn't home but she did unbox them before I got home. I had to wander around the house until I found them,lol. They are absolutely gorgeous, the grips with the Breast Cancer Awareness Logo are a nice touch as it is a cause that is near and dear to us. Thanks so much for putting on the raffle contest and all of the companies that were involved.
raffleprizes006.jpg

raffleprizes007.jpg

raffleprizes008.jpg

raffleprizes009.jpg

Nice clubs MH.

Thanks guys, hoping to get my wife out to the driving range tomorrow so she can try them out.

Very nice MO. Love the THP towel as the base.

This arrived at work today so I took it out to my truck at lunchtime so I wouldn't be tempted to open it until I got home!

This is the box in question:
THP4280852.jpg

This is peering inside to see what's there:
THP4280856.jpg
THP4280857.jpg

Here's a bunch of caps (and visors). Jacqui has already laid claim to both visors and at least three of the caps:
THP4280860.jpg

The Nickent Evolver, 10.5°:
THP4280864.jpg

Two more shafts to try (I have to send one back!):
THP4280867.jpg

The hybrids (3H and 4H) of the set:
THP4280861.jpg

The irons (5-PW) of the set (I have to go buy a 50° wedge now and I already know where and which one!):
THP4280870.jpg

And finally, the Q-Link that I all but begged for! (I hope it works like a Q-Ray):
THP4280862.jpg

Thanks THP and all the companies that donated prizes to these wonderful causes! Can't wait to see how you plan to top this next year!

Awesome Smalls. Simply awesome!

Back