Converting belly putter to standard length.

Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
If I were to buy a belly putter such as the Scotty Big Sur S and convert it to standard length (47" -> 35") how much would this affect swing weight. If I took out or put in the lightest possible weight plugs would it feel like a normal 350g mallet putter? Would I have to do a lot of backweighting?

That seems like an awful long belly putter. Sounds more like a long/broomstick putter. And I think the shaft angle in a long putter is more upright than a belly or standard length putter.

I belive 47" is the shortest the big sur s comes in, so yea it is a broomstick. Probably best to just black out a Kombi.

If I were to buy a belly putter such as the Scotty Big Sur S and convert it to standard length (47" -> 35") how much would this affect swing weight. If I took out or put in the lightest possible weight plugs would it feel like a normal 350g mallet putter? Would I have to do a lot of backweighting?

That, my friend, sounds pretty impossible good luck with that though.

I belive 47" is the shortest the big sur s comes in, so yea it is a broomstick. Probably best to just black out a Kombi.

I think Cookie had a belly for the Morgan Cup this year that was brought down to a standard size putter. I would think most of the weight is in the grip so you would have to take that into account.

WessCook has a Metal-X #7 belly head on a standard putter. Reach out to him.

Will do if I decide to go through with this! Thanks

I think Cookie had a belly for the Morgan Cup this year that was brought down to a standard size putter. I would think most of the weight is in the grip so you would have to take that into account.

WessCook has a Metal-X #7 belly head on a standard putter. Reach out to him.

Don't forget that these two are belly heads made into standard length putters. The OP likely has a long putter head, which has a more upright lie angle.

Don't forget that these two are belly heads made into standard length putters. The OP likely has a long putter head, which has a more upright lie angle.

Don't see any reason why the lie couldn't be adjusted. I'm sure they fit different players with different lies.

Back