Coolshot 20 vs Bushnell Z6

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for my first laser rangefinder and after reading countless articles I'm torn between two options at opposite ends of the market. There's the new Nikon Coolshot 20 (which I can pick up for £135 locally) or the Bushnell Tour Z6 (£260).

The Z6 is obviously a premium unit but the Nikon is getting good reviews at almost half the price. I'm looking for a light and compact simple laser w/o slope adjustment and I'm not restricted by the price but without having any previous experience I'm not sure of the supposed performance differences and whether the difference in price is worth it.

Can anyone who owns either of these or other rangefinders help me decide whether I should buy the Nikon and consider it a bargain or stump up for the Bushnell knowing that the performance is worth the premium? I've heard speed is the most common difference but what are we talking here? I'm happy to wait an extra second to get a result for example.

Thanks!

Is the Nikon waterproof? Don't think so? There Z6 has Jolt function which is far more useful than you'd think. I have the Tour V3 and love it, wish I had been able to afford the Z6.

I just bought a Tour V3 as my first ever rangefinder purchase a few weeks ago and have absolutely no complaints with it. I believe it is relatively close in price to the Nikkon you are considering. It is waterproof and the jolt function is definitely a great feature.

I have the Nikon and I love it. It works with no issues and it's easy to use and acquire the distance. I opted for the Nikon due to the price and reviews, and happy that I did.

I've got the Bushnell Z6 and absolutely love it. I've never used the Nikon so I can't give you a fair comparison. The Z6 though is very quick (and accurate) to pick up yardages, has jolt feature which is very useful, and on top of that it's very durable (have had mine fall out of the cart a couple times and it still works perfectly).

I have the Z6 and am extremely happy. It just works. Every time. I highly recommend it.

I'm thinking of buying a range finder. I'm looking at the V3 Jolt, the Leu 4i and the Nikon 40i. Another site likes the Leu and I've heard the build quality is better on them from people I know that have tried both. I don't know anyone who has tried those two and the Nikon.

I'm willing to pay more up front to have one that I can keep 10+ years. I want to get this purchase right the first time. I did with my GPS and have no reasons whatsoever to change.

Any opinions?

I have the Nikon and I love it. It works with no issues and it's easy to use and acquire the distance. I opted for the Nikon due to the price and reviews, and happy that I did.

great thanks for the input, do you have any issues picking out the flag from distance (say +200yds)?

Thanks everyone for the praise on the Z6, it's certainly the unit i'll get if i don't go for the coolshot.

Back