Corded Grips: Love or Loathe?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What’s your personal take on corded grips? Do you enjoy them? Or are they too much for you?

Let’s talk cords!

Love. Besides a weird desire to try leather grips I cant imagine not using cord grips in the future.

Too much for me, destroy my hands. Tour Velvet types are what I use.

Love em. I like the low torque feel and performance in the humidity.

• Staff
6C5102FE-D7ED-4A57-B7D9-7112B513106B.jpeg

This is happiness in a cord for me.

Love em. I like the low torque feel and performance in the humidity.

My exact thoughts. Only reason I want to try leather but cord is a necessity for the humidity.

Definitely love. MCC +4 is my favorite. However, the Z Grip is coming up fast from the rear. That grip feels SO good to me. I wish it were available as a Cobra Connect grip

Not a fan. They tear my hands up and feel too hard to me.

Love. Won't use a swing grip unless it is at least half cord.

Definitely love. MCC +4 is my favorite. However, the Z Grip is coming up fast from the rear. That grip feels SO good to me. I wish it were available as a Cobra Connect grip
ZCord and Zcord Align are my faves. I like how aggressive the cord is on them.

I liked them when I had them but they chewed my gloves up so I changed them.

Love. MCC’s have been my grip for 14-15yrs now? I’ve tried a couple other grips but I always go back to my MCC’s.

I tried the corded grips many years ago for a season. They tore up my left hand, and I didn’t feel as though they added anything. In fact I felt as though they became very slick. Probably just me.

I love corded grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like 1/2 cords. Right now, using the MCC+4.

I like them, but they can be harsh if you spend a ton of time on the range.

I am playing Z-Grip Cords now, but still want to try the BCT Cords.

Cords aren't an absolute must, but I do prefer them. I was a bit concerned at first, as I don't wear a glove, but have had zero problems with them. I really like the Lamkin UTX, and the GP MCC +4.

Don't need full cords at all. ND MCC are fine for me.

Absolutely love!

The full cords rip my hands up like nothing else. I’m using Tour velvets and micro suade now on my set

love!!! i have the tv soft right now and miss cords. when these get worn i’ll switch, probably mcc align.

Loathe! Too rough on my hands. I grip the club too tight and need a more cushioned grip.

The Lamkin UTX cord is a little softer. I like them more than some of the more firm cord grips.

Back