Corded Grips: Love or Loathe?

I gotta have them in Houston with the humidity and me never wearing gloves.

I like them. Last set of clubs was MCC +4 and loved them, my Morgan Cup clubs I went UTx. I've enjoyed the feel and performance of the UTx but been a little disappointed in the durability. I'm already starting to think about replacing the grips and not 1/2 way through the year. So I may go back to more traditional cording.

I don't like them. My hands are soft and sensitive from driving a keyboard all day at work. I like the tacky polymer type of grips.

Love grips with cord. My hands sweat too much, even with a glove, to not have cord. Current favorite is NDMC midsize. If they come out with the Tour Velvet Cord in midsize, I’d probably switch to that. Z-Grip is just to firm though.

I’ve played the Tour Velvet Cord, MCC, and Z-Cord Align. I don’t have any plans to move away from cords. The Z-Cord Align is the most aggressive. Tour Velvet Cord is great in terms of balancing comfort and functionality.

Early in my golfing, only tour velvets. Now with years of continuous swinging,NDMC on irons and UTx on woods. Putting a zgrip on the driver this weekend. More cord is better at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like me some cord, currently gaming Lamkin crossline's, so much better than UTx last season. MCC from Golf Pride is my favorite grip though

I’ve played the Tour Velvet Cord, MCC, and Z-Cord Align. I don’t have any plans to move away from cords. The Z-Cord Align is the most aggressive. Tour Velvet Cord is great in terms of balancing comfort and functionality.
This is why I’m enjoying the TV cords so much this season, it’s a better balance than I imagined.

I have never given them a fair shake. They just don’t feel right.

I have used a softer grip for a while and while there is no scientific evidence to prove anything, I have the NDMC Align installed right now and I am hitting the ball better throughout the bag than I did before. It's weird, but I feel more "connected" with the club during my swing with these. So I will say yes right now bc the results are showing me I am stupid to move on from these grips.

I have been a cord grip guy for as long as I remember. Cant see myself going another way

I like cord on my woods, but irons to wedges prefer tour velvets or the like.

I'm a fan of cords. I play the MCC's but could see myself going full cord in the future.

I am a big fan of the GP Multicompound grips. I just feel like I have a solid grip in all conditions with my gloves left hand without the harshness in my right.

Don’t like cord.

Love corded grips. My favorite of all time was the Ping ID8 Cord with the rib in it. Don't really care for the Lamkin Crossline, or any of their corded grips for that matter. The cord just doesn't feel aggressive enough. I stick to MCC +4 now. Although I am always keeping an eye out for some new cord grips that are less expensive than the MCC +4.

I have MCC grips on my driver and fairway woods. Everything else is GP Tour Velvet.

These are so freaking classic... my goodness.

1000x1000_300dpi

These are so freaking classic... my goodness.

1000x1000_300dpi
That is a great looking grip. Reminds me of a grip that came installed on a prototype shaft I got my hands on last year. Was a test shaft for a Japanese professional and had a Palmax grip on it. Loved the grip, but cut it off so I could get more info off the label on the butt end. I tried to find them state side, but couldn't.

1590678991281.png

I’m a fan

Anybody ever try the Super Stroke S-Tech cords? Dicks is having a sale buy 13 get a free putter grip and install free. I was thinking about giving them a try.

Anybody ever try the Super Stroke S-Tech cords? Dicks is having a sale buy 13 get a free putter grip and install free. I was thinking about giving them a try.

I tried them once before when on sale at Golf Galaxy. I found the rubber compound very slick. Overall i didn’t feel they were worth the “savings” over other grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have MCC grips on my driver and fairway woods. Everything else is GP Tour Velvet.

I just ordered 8 more to round out my set. When they're swapped, I'll have 13 MCC+4 grips in the bag.

Back when I played and practiced a lot more than I do now, the Golf Pride V55 Cord was my go to, now I use the Lamkin ST2 hybrid (like the MCC). Although I may be tempted to get another set of the V55 that Golf Pride brought back.

Back