Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested negative...that is a relief. So now I set up my work from home area, which is in the same space I was staying for the last week haha

Great news, especially given how close you are geographically!

Our governor is an anti vaccine ******* moron taking almost no real precautions and next week at this time it WILL be bad for Oklahoma.
Has the local mayors of the larger cities done anything themselves? Close down OKC and Tulsa would that isolate a good portion of the state?

Our governor is an anti vaccine ******* moron taking almost no real precautions and next week at this time it WILL be bad for Oklahoma.

Attachments

• 662305ac-14f9-4c19-91bf-d694ca88a30b-medium16x9_Ok_Tagline_SkyBlue_Dark_RGB768x191.jpg
    662305ac-14f9-4c19-91bf-d694ca88a30b-medium16x9_Ok_Tagline_SkyBlue_Dark_RGB768x191.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 11
Slightly related: this video of Italian government officials getting upset at people breaking quarantine is the funniest thing I've seen all day long.

Lol Russia does it right
FB_IMG_1585062021983.jpg

If only,... It's not real

As I have said, I am less concerned about the virus than I am its effect economically on families and the nation.

Yes. We're going to pump a trillion (or two) dollars into the economy...and potentially do nothing to this....what is it even?

Our people want to return to work. They will practice Social Distancing and all else, and Seniors will be watched over protectively & lovingly. We can do two things together. THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM! Congress MUST ACT NOW. We will come back strong! - President Trump

WA state imposed a Stay at Home rule last night at 530pm effective immediately for individuals and in 48 hours for non-essential business. Of course this is WA state so wineries, distilleries and Pot shops are considered essential. lol

Tested negative...that is a relief. So now I set up my work from home area, which is in the same space I was staying for the last week haha

probably best news of the day. Glad you’re not suffering with this.

probably best news of the day. Glad you’re not suffering with this.

huge weight off my shoulders because after a while the mind starts to wonder.

WA state imposed a Stay at Home rule last night at 530pm effective immediately for individuals and in 48 hours for non-essential business. Of course this is WA state so wineries, distilleries and Pot shops are considered essential. lol

The hospitals would be concerned for people going into alcohol withdrawal and taking up beds.. but the pot shops, c'mon maaaan

Still funny tho.. I guess the state wants tax revenue to still come in

huge weight off my shoulders because after a while the mind starts to wonder.
Can only imagine with the way you felt. I coughed this morning and though oh no! Glad to hear you didn't have it.

Can only imagine with the way you felt. I coughed this morning and though oh no! Glad to hear you didn't have it.

the cough sucked. It was the getting winded part when going upstairs that was worrying me.

celebrations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Evidently all this shelter in place is causing a resurgence in regular seasonal flu cases. I would have guessed the opposite with all the kids home from school.

Evidently all this shelter in place is causing a resurgence in regular seasonal flu cases. I would have guessed the opposite with all the kids home from school.

Families probably spending more time with each other.

And yet day care centers are staying open to care for kids of health care professionals. I understand the intent, but isn't there a better solution than in effect throwing 40 new samples into a community petri dish every day?

No snark intended, but what other solution is there? Medical professionals gotta work, and some have kids. Certainly don't want to have a take your kid to work day haha

Meant to share this last night. Some HOAs around me being quite serious.

View attachment 8933452
View attachment 8933453
Smart move IMO. There was a complaint on our neighborhood Facebook group last night about a pretty big number of kids hanging out together at the part, all hanging out close to each other. As a parent if your kids are sent home for over a month to try and stop this why in the world would you not take it seriously and keep your kids away from others?

Korea is also a more densely populated country (37,000 ppl per sq mi land area vs 93 ppl per sq mi land area in the US). A contagious disease will spread much more rapidly in more densely populated areas unless it's contained. You can't tell me the US is doing a better job than Korea in containing this, because we're not.
I can tell you we are a different country, with different demographics, different culture, different population with a different willingness to act or have things forced on us, etc. Was everything done perfectly by our government? No, of course not. The 20/20 hindsight by some is beyond old.

And yet day care centers are staying open to care for kids of health care professionals. I understand the intent, but isn't there a better solution than in effect throwing 40 new samples into a community petri dish every day?
I struggle with this one. For employees of essential businesses what other options do they have? Heck our daycare is staying open for anyone in the public. Luckily I'm working from home for the foreseeable future so even though we're still paying for daycare I'm keeping my kids home. Although it's been tempting to send them so I can go play golf :ROFLMAO:.

I've pondered this a lot this past week. We are solving the early flood of patients, absolutely - my fear is what occurs after that.

Fortunately, I can shield my family from it based on our status (I'm work-from-home, she's a teacher). I worry about my friends though. Regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back