Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mayor and Governor of South Dakota announced their recommendations yesterday. Restaurants takeout and delivery only. They asked for bars to close and businesses to limit to 10 people there at a time. We had 28 cases yesterday with 3 in my County and are up to 41 today with 13 in my County. I'm still working as the car business is deemed "essential".

It's a logo AND an ink blot test!

When my wife taught reading, one of the items used to assess pre-readers via a standard test was the McDonald's logo

As of noon tomorrow we are on a "Safer at Home" order. They liked that wording better, they said words matter. :)

Commission issues "Safer at Home" Order
*BCC extends local state of emergency and issues "Safer at Home" order.
*Residents are ordered to follow CDC guidelines, stay home as much as possible save for essential needs.
*Non-essential businesses are ordered to close storefront operations and customer foot traffic unless they are able to comply with CDC guidelines.
*Places of public assembly are ordered to close, including: movie theaters, museums, pool halls, bowling alleys, country clubs and others
*County public parks will stay open; however, playgrounds within the parks will be closed.

The spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to pose a significant health risk to our community. As a result, the County Board of County Commissioners on Wednesday extended its local state of emergency declaration another week and adopted a "Safer At Home" Order for individuals, business owners, and any place of public assembly to slow the spread of the virus. The Order is effective starting Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 12 p.m. and will continue so long as there is a declared local state of emergency.
"It's important for us to flatten the curve of COVID-19 infections in the County while balancing the needs of our community and we are exercising every reasonable power to slow the spread," said Commission Chair. "These actions, with the cooperation of our residents and businesses, will help us prevent worse scenarios in the future."

What the order means:

RESIDENTS
Residents are ordered to comply with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines of social distancing (6 feet of separation from others and no group gatherings of more than 10), stay home as much as possible and limit non-essential activity. Residents can still leave their homes to meet essential needs such as food, healthcare, laundry and outdoor recreation. Essential activities include:
a.Direct care or support of family members
b.Healthcare and medical services
c.Pharmacies, health care supply stores, and health care facilities
d.Groceries
e.Meal take-outs from local food establishments (including food banks)
f.Essential work duties that cannot be performed from home
g.Primary or emergency care or direct care support for a family member or relative
h.Banks and related financial institutions
i.Laundry services, laundromats
j.Essential home repairs and maintenance (lawn care, plumbing, roofing, etc.)
k.Outdoor activity while following CDC guidelines (examples include: walking pet, hiking, biking).
l.Veterinarians and pet boarding facilities
m.Gas stations, auto-supply and auto-repair facilities

PLACES OF ASSEMBLY
Places that facilitate public assembly, whether indoors or outdoors are ordered to close to the public. This includes, places like public play grounds, publicly accessible children's play centers, bowling alleys, movies and other theaters, country clubs, social clubs and fraternal organizations. Any gatherings involving groups of 10 or more will be told to disperse.
County public parks will stay open, however all playgrounds within the park will be closed.

BUSINESSES
Non-essential businesses are ordered to close storefront operations and customer foot traffic if they can't meet CDC guidelines. However, businesses may continue internal and minimum basic operations required to maintain the businesses. Businesses are still required to enforce the CDC social distancing guidelines.
Essential businesses may continue operations following the appropriate guidelines to the maximum extent possible. Essential businesses include the following:
-First Responders, Police and Fire, Jails and Prisons
-Hospitals, clinics and other healthcare operations
-Community based organizations providing meals and social services
-Human Service operations
-Garbage and Sanitation workers
-Transportation: including airports and public transportation such as PSTA
-Utilities, Public Works and essential infrastructure
-Critical trades: (Plumbers, Electricians, Exterminators, Security personnel, etc.)
-Government essential service workers
-Gas Stations
-Food: (grocery stores, food banks, restaurants: delivery, take-out or curbside delivery)
-Banks and financial institutions
-Laundromats
-Funeral Services
-Hotel and lodging
-Hardware and supply stores
-Post offices and shipping services

Businesses that do not comply with the order will be subject to the appropriate enforcement action up to and including orders to close and criminal charges.

Noticed golf wasn't on there. Note to self: avoid Palm Harbor area for tee times if I get the urge.

I broke my own rule and looked at my 401k balance. #mistake

@tahoebum @MattyD-MPLS @MNMarc Any of my MN brethren know if golf courses will be allowed to be open now that we are in Stay Home mode? They mention country clubs. But, obviously, not all golf courses are country clubs. Maybe they are meaning the club aspect as in shop, bar, and restaurant? Hopefully?

1585165639119.png

I broke my own rule and looked at my 401k balance. #mistake

I looked at my TSP. I'm excited! All the money I dump in it in the near future is gonna buy lots more shares than it would have before this.

Also not happening. That was part of the email. People aren't listening, they are flooding the pools and bars. The tables are all moved, no chairs to sit, but they are still "picking up their order" and then never leaving the bar. It's a real problem.
Yup and its getting worse. The Tri-State area are flooding the resorts here.
I agree that people aren't listening. Our Governor (CA) had to close the state parks and beaches because people were packed in like sardines.
Locally, the city/county parks I drove by were packed, including the playground equipment. Any other weekend you might see a couple of walkers and a few homeless people.
It seems like this is being treated as just one long holiday. :mad:

Massachusetts number of confirmed cases up to 1159, total number of people tested up to 13749. So 382 new cases diagnosed in the past 24 hours with almost 5000 new test results back in that time period.

Overall rate of infection is still 8-9% and that’s with fairly strict testing criteria.

Today's Massachusetts numbers:
Total cases: 1838 (+679)
Total tests: 19794 (+6045)
Hospitalizations: 103
Deaths: 15

Of note, they list 1385 cases as "under investigation." I do not know if that are investigating whether those people were eventually hospitalized or not.

Of the 4 deaths in the past day, all were in their 70s or 80s.

Still haven't heard anything beyond buildings and carts closed so I'm still praying that we can keep the course open. I'm bracing for an e-mail soon though saying that we have to close the grounds too. Lost much of last year to April hip replacement surgery. Cripes, I can't win.

@tahoebum @MattyD-MPLS @MNMarc Any of my MN brethren know if golf courses will be allowed to be open now that we are in Stay Home mode? They mention country clubs. But, obviously, not all golf courses are country clubs. Maybe they are meaning the club aspect as in shop, bar, and restaurant? Hopefully?

View attachment 8933662

I am so out of the loop! I have been to Target and to a restaurant and that’s it in a week and a half. I would love to golf but don't know if any are open.

Today's Massachusetts numbers:
Total cases: 1838 (+679)
Total tests: 19794 (+6045)
Hospitalizations: 103
Deaths: 15

Of note, they list 1385 cases as "under investigation." I do not know if that are investigating whether those people were eventually hospitalized or not.

Of the 4 deaths in the past day, all were in their 70s or 80s.
Thanks for the update. It looks like in the short terms hospitalizations will be the most meaningful measurement of spread, because some areas are rationing test kits, for exxample, to health care workers only, as the are doing in the Albany, NY region. I think that's the best use of the kits, although it keeps changing the yardsticks we have to use to try to understand where we are on the curve.+

Our county started "shelter at home" today. Our club closed down the building. The pro shop is now being run out of the snack shack on the patio on the side of the building. Nothing being served, just walk up to check in with the pro. It also lets the pro see who all is on the course. Previously the last few days they had all the doors wide open so people could use the bathroom, wash hands, and get togo food. Now the togo food is brought out to their vehicle. I'm not sure if they are doing club carts or just private carts and walking. It is hard working from home though when I look out the window and see people on the tee box.:ROFLMAO:

Hillsborough county just announced a “safer at home” aka a stay at home. They thought it sounded better. Effective 8pm tomorrow.

Guessing me and the cattle get our announcement within the next 24hrs

Hillsborough county just announced a “safer at home” aka a stay at home. They thought it sounded better. Effective 8pm tomorrow.

Guessing me and the cattle get our announcement within the next 24hrs

Is it weird I have never wanted your county on Live PD more than I do right now?

Is it weird I have never wanted your county on Live PD more than I do right now?

I mean, kinda lol

Roads on Monday were awfully quiet. 5:30pm traffic was more like 9:30pm traffic. We should do this more often, I get around way faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back