Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
G20 pledges 5 trillion, much to micro and small business could be great for economy

Any chance she's into Forensics or Investigative Discovery type shows? Those are always fun and they're all over the major streaming channels.
Yeah we watch a ton of that. Mostly just looking for stress free positive shows right now. She has trouble sleeping and always gets nightmares so we are just looking for anything to end the day on a good note.

Yeah we watch a ton of that. Mostly just looking for stress free positive shows right now. She has trouble sleeping and always gets nightmares so we are just looking for anything to end the day on a good note.

Got a whole bunch of toddler YouTube shows I can recommend. You’ll want to fall asleep fast just so you don’t hear it anymore

Who’s minimizing opinions? And how is one then allowed to have an opinion of their own since that very thing would then minimize another’s?

I came back in here when I knew better, but I thought some might want to know what preparations are going on even in rural areas.

I’ll go back to my review threads now. (y)
@Jman thanks! I may not post a lot on some of this right now because I'm the type that will take in a lot of info in & process it. I try to not let my mouth override my brain. Once again thanks for the update. Stay safe.

COVID-19: IMPACT ON GOLF IN NEW YORK STATE

The NYSGA has been closely monitoring all information and updates regarding COVID-19 and the impact the situation has on the golf industry.
Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the New York State on PAUSE Executive Order, which went into effect 8pm on Sunday, March 22. "All non-essential businesses statewide will be closed, non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are canceled or postponed at this time, and any concentration of individuals outside their home must be limited to workers providing essential services and social distancing should be practiced."
Clarification was provided by the Governor's office and regional Empire State Development directors on how this Executive Order pertains to golf.

New York golf courses are allowed to remain open but must implement all CDC and state mandated guidelines, and promote safe, social distancing.
There is to be no access to pro shops, locker rooms, indoor facilities and restaurants/bars (unless for take-out purposes only).

Social distancing on the golf course should include:
  • Stay at least 6 feet away from others
  • Don't shake hands before or after your game
  • Leave the flagstick in the hole
  • Don't use rakes, ball washers and coolers from course
  • Don't share clubs or any other equipment
  • If using a golf cart, limit to one person
Due to the unique COVID-19 precautions taking place at golf courses, the USGA has provided guidance on how to use the flexibility provided in the Roles of Golf while protecting public health. They also provided temporary guidance on posting scores to GHIN (begins in upstate New York on April 15), specifically when golfers don't "hole out" for health/safety reasons. Click here for more information
Updates From State & Local Government
Important Resources

Well, don't like to say this, but we just hit #1 in cases in the World, surpassing China and Italy.

Considering the report of joblessness that came out and both DOW and S&P were both way up, says a number of things, including many believe positive outlook of “consumer demand” based on stimulus. Which when you are faced with an economy collapse is exactly what you would want to see.

I love this news. I am starting to believe this thing isn't going to be as bad as we all thought it might be, and just maybe it will bring about some needed and positive changes about preparedness and the necessity of domestic production of products that were long ago outsourced.

WE'RE #1!!!!

Way to go USA. We're leaders again. According to the Johns Hopkins University website constantly updating the reported/confirmed cases and deaths related to Covid-19, the USA has surpassed China and Italy as of this morning. Given the trending data in New York, Louisiana, Washington, California, and elsewhere around the country, this thing is only finding its stride. And the stock market is going up? Hang on everybody. Be well. Be kind. Be calm. .

I love this news. I am starting to believe this thing isn't going to be as bad as we all thought it might be, and just maybe it will bring about some needed and positive changes about preparedness and the necessity of domestic production of products that were long ago outsourced.
Respectfully, ARE YOU TOTALLY NUTS? Or just playing with us?

Well, don't like to say this, but we just hit #1 in cases in the World, surpassing China and Italy.
Well I wouldn't take the China #'s seriously they HID what was going on and completely downplayed it. Italy has 60.48 million people(2018), The USA has 350 Million people so just looking at the #'s we should have more people infected. Hopefully the Death rate in the US will be lower than Italys.

Here in Ma the Governor deemed golf non essential but today he did make Golf course maintenance/landscaping essential. It is something most of us don't think about but I am guessing it would be bad for the courses to not get maintained for a few weeks to a month.

I will be going to Raceway in CT if its nice out.
Stay safe everyone.

WE'RE #1!!!!

Way to go USA. We're leaders again. According to the Johns Hopkins University website constantly updating the reported/confirmed cases and deaths related to Covid-19, the USA has surpassed China and Italy as of this morning. Given the trending data in New York, Louisiana, Washington, California, and elsewhere around the country, this thing is only finding its stride. And the stock market is going up? Hang on everybody. Be well. Be kind. Be calm. .
I am having difficulty accepting China's reporting of cases and deaths as accurate based on statistics. Also, California would comprise 80% of Italy's population. As a result, I do not find the ranking particularly informative.

I just don't believe it's going to be as bad the "media" have made it out to be.

I mean you got people saying millions of people would die from the virus...iI don't think that sort of prediction is even close to being right at this point. I am hopeful the 30% unemployment isn't even close to correct as well.

We can't trust China's numbers, but we can trust SKs numbers:

We can't trust China's numbers, but we can trust SKs numbers:

With the amount of mass testing and tracking that happened in South Korea, I don't see why it's not realistic. They were able to calculate that over 50% of cases started with one person and were able to track that through interactions and sites visited. No other country has even come close to that sort of infection based date tracking.

Tracking leads to putting out the fire before it gets there aka stopping those who are high risk of being carries based on location and interactions and being harsh on the penalties of not quarantining.

Well I wouldn't take the China #'s seriously they HID what was going on and completely downplayed it. Italy has 60.48 million people(2018), The USA has 350 Million people so just looking at the #'s we should have more people infected. Hopefully the Death rate in the US will be lower than Italys.

Here in Ma the Governor deemed golf non essential but today he did make Golf course maintenance/landscaping essential. It is something most of us don't think about but I am guessing it would be bad for the courses to not get maintained for a few weeks to a month.

I will be going to Raceway in CT if its nice out.
Stay safe everyone.

The MGA sent him a letter outlining the importance of course maintenance this time of year.

The markets price themselves based on what they expect to happen in the future, not what’s happening today. The fact that the markets are up means a) they believe the outbreak will end in at most a few months and b) the size and nature of the stimulus are going to have the desired effects quickly. The markets have a pretty good record of anticipating this kind of stuff. In the Great Recession, stocks began to recover six months before the recession ended.

Well, the us just topped that charts...

I got to walk 9 holes this afternoon. 5:30 tee off and done by 6:50. There was a single in front of me, and one that tees off after. I did see several holes with 5 carts out there (we allow 5somes as long as they keep up), which was weird. Very nice having a hole to yourself. Hoping the course stays open as long as people can be safe and smart with their social distancing.

Just came across this - golf courses in NY can be open, but with an extensive list of rules. No pro shop, no exchange of money (I assume this means pay by card over the phone), pin must stay in, etc. Of course the weather is supposed to be in the 40s and rainy in my area most of next week, so it's probably a moot point anyway.

https://www.nysga.org/communications-news/nysga-updates-regarding-covid-19

Courses I play in the Albany haven’t opened yet. Plus in addition to the rain forecasted here, we got snow earlier this week. Course opening for me not even relevant, Corona or no Corona.

Played today. Course was in great shape. Followed all the rules nothing to it. Our club put pieces of pool noodles in the hole so the ball really doesnt enter the cup and you can easily get it out. Hopefully everyone follows the guidelines and we can keep playing. We are actually getting reasonable golf weather (50 degrees in March which here is great) . Its nice to get out with your friends to play wjth all that is going on. Hope it continues and hope places which are not open can open and everyone gets a chance to play.

Today's Massachusetts numbers:
Total cases: 1838 (+679)
Total tests: 19794 (+6045)
Hospitalizations: 103
Deaths: 15

Of note, they list 1385 cases as "under investigation." I do not know if that are investigating whether those people were eventually hospitalized or not.

Of the 4 deaths in the past day, all were in their 70s or 80s.

A bit late on this due to dinner/bath/bedtime for my son.

Today's Massachusetts numbers:
Total cases: 2417 (+579)
Total tests: 23621 (+3827)
Hospitalizations: 219
Deaths: 25

Not fun to see positive test percentage increase, hospitalizations double, and death rate go up as well.

Of note, this is the age distribution of positive cases:
≤19 years of age: 53
20-29 years of age: 425
30-39 years of age: 433
40-49 years of age: 386
50-59 years of age: 437
60-69 years of age: 329
≥ 70 years of age: 352
Unknown: 2

Also, general comment: stock market does not equal the economy. Stock market going back up isn't going to help all of those people that filed for unemployment this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back