Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooooooow.

Absolutely wow. That is a very long time.
I'm sure he was worried people will stay at home and clean their guns.

Arizona governor canceled the remainder of the school year today. My kids were supposed to get out May 28

I don’t buy the excuse put forth by CBS that it was an “editing mistake”. I think that is an extreme understatement. Mistake doesn’t cover the actions of using this footage.

Yeah, doubtful it'll happen at all. See everyone in August (hopefully)!

Our school year goes beginning of September until end of June here. So a little different than a lot of the states. Not sure what the point would be sending them back for two months.

I don’t buy the excuse put forth by CBS that it was an “editing mistake”. I think that is an extreme understatement. Mistake doesn’t cover the actions of using this footage.

Of course not, but there are a handful of these "news" organizations that continue to put out this nonsense over and over again.

It's all just a wacky misunderstanding! The other one I like is 'An intern was responsible for the mistake but that person has been let go, won't happen again, promise!'

I am starting to feel like I am going to have a panic attack. Every time I look at the news and see the unemployment rate go up, and see just how many people have lost their jobs and projected to lose their jobs, and industries on the brink of collapse and I start to feel like I can't breathe. Can we come back from this? How long will it take? How many people are going to lose their jobs, their homes, their life savings?

I also feel my blood boil when I see all these selfish a$$holes who can't follow a simple directive and social distance for a couple of weeks. Lives will be lost, jobs will be lost, people and families ruined forever because these people can't just stay the eff home.

It's really starting to get to me. I really NEED life to get back to normal. Not just for me and my mental health, but for the health care workers, the unemployed, the failing industries, and every single person who is in some way affected by all of this.

Miami Herald
DeSantis announced he would be signing an executive order urging those in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties to stay home through “mid-May.”

I am starting to feel like I am going to have a panic attack. Every time I look at the news and see the unemployment rate go up, and see just how many people have lost their jobs and projected to lose their jobs, and industries on the brink of collapse and I start to feel like I can't breathe. Can we come back from this? How long will it take? How many people are going to lose their jobs, their homes, their life savings?

I also feel my blood boil when I see all these selfish a$$holes who can't follow a simple directive and social distance for a couple of weeks. Lives will be lost, jobs will be lost, people and families ruined forever because these people can't just stay the eff home.

It's really starting to get to me. I really NEED life to get back to normal. Not just for me and my mental health, but for the health care workers, the unemployed, the failing industries, and every single person who is in some way affected by all of this.

We’ve been pretty lucky up here - I was expecting, when our governor announced a press conference that we were going to get more restrictive conditions like MD and VA. But since people have been doing relatively well here, we’re not. I guess it’s twofold - people don’t see it as a big deal or that it’s “overblown”, then go outside, flaunt the rules, and spread things more.

The biggest issue is that if enough people (and governments, there are still some states that are basically ignoring this) do that, it essentially resets the clock. It’s infuriating.

I was hoping these images were fake, but the more I searched, the more I realized they are real. These are idiots in NYC congregating to watch the Navy Hospital Ship dock. Seriously?? And the best part is some of them are wearing masks but NOT covering their noses, or have the mask on but under their mouth near their chin. I am going to go back to working and watching something mindless on TV, because my faith in the humane race is dwindling very quickly.

EUYWW2iXsAAzvJo.jpeg
EUYWW2xWoAAZB0J.jpeg

We’ve been pretty lucky up here - I was expecting, when our governor announced a press conference that we were going to get more restrictive conditions like MD and VA. But since people have been doing relatively well here, we’re not. I guess it’s twofold - people don’t see it as a big deal or that it’s “overblown”, then go outside, flaunt the rules, and spread things more.

The biggest issue is that if enough people (and governments, there are still some states that are basically ignoring this) do that, it essentially resets the clock. It’s infuriating.

Its so infuriating. I do not think the comprehension of what happens to the economy exists, because the media refuses to report on that side of it. We just passed a huge stimulus package in which about a quarter of a trillion dollars is complete waste. Just stay the f**k inside for 2 weeks. Everybody. And we move passed this so much more quickly.

DeBlasio is handling this about as terribly as possible. The state should just step in, since they’ve had to at every other step in this whole thing.

Sadly, during this time in our history, the Mayor of New York is not proving to be a leader.

I was hoping these images were fake, but the more I searched, the more I realized they are real. These are idiots in NYC congregating to watch the Navy Hospital Ship dock. Seriously?? And the best part is some of them are wearing masks but NOT covering their noses, or have the mask on but under their mouth near their chin. I am going to go back to working and watching something mindless on TV, because my faith in the humane race is dwindling very quickly.

View attachment 8934432
View attachment 8934433

the guy wearing his mask below his nose is definitely a Yankees fan.

Its so infuriating. I do not think the comprehension of what happens to the economy exists, because the media refuses to report on that side of it. We just passed a huge stimulus package in which about a quarter of a trillion dollars is complete waste. Just stay the **** inside for 2 weeks. Everybody. And we move passed this so much more quickly.

Yup - the sooner everyone realizes this, the quicker we’re out. There were megachurches having services with hundreds of people sitting right next to each other this weekend, while also streaming them live. Madness - the solution is already there!

Yes, it’s not ideal, but that’s what it takes. Buy time, slow the spread, best practices for treatment will come, and we’re starting to see faster tests. It’s not that hard. But people are so bad at working together in the best interest of society.

Yup - the sooner everyone realizes this, the quicker we’re out. There were megachurches having services with hundreds of people sitting right next to each other this weekend, while also streaming them live. Madness - the solution is already there!

Yes, it’s not ideal, but that’s what it takes. Buy time, slow the spread, best practices for treatment will come, and we’re starting to see faster tests. It’s not that hard. But people are so bad at working together in the best interest of society.

The a$$hat from Tampa who did that is now in jail, and he deserves every minute he spends in there.

View attachment 8934432
View attachment 8934433
This is infuriating. I am at a loss for words.

Annoyed that your neighbor isn't self-isolating like you think he should? Well, just assemble a mob, get your chainsaws out, and fell a tree over his driveway. Easy peasy.

Not surprised. The panic mongering is ridiculous. "If we can't find an apocalypse, we must fabricate one!"

This **** should be illegal.
You think they did it on purpose?

I doubt it.

Watch for the correction.

I can't take two months of no putting green or chipping - going to find one of those putting greens that JB talks about. I'll go nutz.

View attachment 8934432
View attachment 8934433

I don’t have words to express my thoughts about this. This is how people are behaving in the area that is the epicenter of this Pandemic here in the US. I have been home for 10 days. I only go out for groceries or to go for a walk. It’s not that difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back