Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
So teaching kids nothing is the choice to be fair? Am I understanding this correctly?
FYI - I have no kids so my understanding of this things is limited at best
In Oregon the answer to your Q is Yes.

Latest map.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 3.03.59 PM.png

Numbers here in Michigan continue to rise in all areas. Unemployment claims are so high the website crashed. All of it is just terrible.

In Oregon the answer to your Q is Yes.

I'm out of line since it's not my state & I have not kids, but I do not think this is a good thing.
When they go back in the fall, they'll going to hate going & will possibly be very bored in school relearning things.
I know the "stuff" I pulled when I was bored in school. None of it was any good.

I have other thoughts, but that's not a rabbit hole that should be entered.

Hoping the best for you.

She taught music at St. Michaels. Was not the band director. I think Mr Renzi (sp?) was the band person. My wife & her brother both were in band & did comps with St. Michaels
Cool. I live in the neighborhood 1/2 mile from St. Michael Church in Worthington. The groups I have taught used to compete against the Bishop Watterson band.

Arrow is social distancing from me on our walk. Interestingly enough, these walks with him are the only time i have left our house in about 10 days.

3CD41161-53B3-4C50-AA05-0743BA771DF1.jpeg

Cool. I live in the neighborhood 1/2 mile from St. Michael Church in Worthington. The groups I have taught used to compete against the Bishop Watterson band.
That's my wife's alma matter.

In all seriousness, the Homeless population and crisis in California is going to become a National Problem and concern.

How will they practice Social Distancing or Isolation once infected?

How does only wash their hands after using the sidewalk as a Restroom?

Very Troubling Time for all.

God bless America and protect each and everyone of US. Rich, Poor, Homeless and Especially The Senior.

:drinks:

In all seriousness, the Homeless population and crisis in California is going to become a National Problem and concern.

How will they practice Social Distancing or Isolation once infected?

How does only wash their hands after using the sidewalk as a Restroom?

Very Troubling Time for all.

God bless America and protect each and everyone of US. Rich, Poor, Homeless and Especially The Senior.

:drinks:
We have local organizations putting them up in hotel rooms for the duration of the shelter in place orders.

Considering the limitations we have here in the UK, I can't believe some of the talk in this thread at times

Going to play golf.....driving here there and everywhere.....

You try and do that here in the UK and you can expect a fine, and it doubles each time you are deemed to be breaking the rules

Considering the limitations we have here in the UK, I can't believe some of the talk in this thread at times

Going to play golf.....driving here there and everywhere.....

You try and do that here in the UK and you can expect a fine, and it doubles each time you are deemed to be breaking the rules
Golf courses around here have been fairly busy. Golf course is ideal for our social distancing deal provided you handle yourself appropriately.

haha, so, who do we need to remind these people that 'golf' isn't the problem, the idiots not social distancing is the problem?
The people complaining are most likely one (or more) of these:

1) People who have never even been on a golf course and don't have the slightest idea how the game is/can be played. Typical self-appointed "experts" who know nothing.

2) People who are jealous because they're bored and don't want anybody else to have anything to do either.

3) People who want to see every possible business in the tank, to weaken the economy as much as possible.

The people complaining are most likely one (or more) of these:

1) People who have never even been on a golf course and don't have the slightest idea how the game is/can be played. Typical self-appointed "experts" who know nothing.

2) People who are jealous because they're bored and don't want anybody else to have anything to do either.

3) People who want to see every possible business in the tank, to weaken the economy as much as possible.
these same people who go out to their locale and walk near people, or sit with their neighbors in small areas discussing "how ridiculous it is that golf can still be played" hahahaha

Sad.

The sad part of this is that there are people that desire businesses lose and don't realize without businesses we would not be much of anything but maybe dwelling in caves and eating insects and bats.

The sad part of this is that there are people that desire businesses lose and don't realize without businesses we would not be much of anything but maybe dwelling in caves and eating insects and bats.

Which some would argue got us into this mess in the first place.

Difficult to look at silver linings (and apologies if this gets political), but the realization that some drugs/products need to be made domestically is a positive. A potentially huge one for PR where back when the economy was solid, manufacture and pharma led the way. Seems like something that could be priority going forward, whether here or on the mainland.

I'm about to move to Wyoming.

Lol, that's is one great thing about heading "Up North" as they say here in the Twin Cities. It's damn quiet up there and we will be guaranteed to see more deer on our daily walks than we will humans. Cass County where we are headed has a population density of 11.8/sq mi and we are leaving a county that is home to Minneapolis and has 1,952 per square mile.

With my wife now working from home we might not be back for weeks. For entertainment, we can watch the lake ice break up, it's a MN thing! :)

The current view from a resort on the north end of the lake shows it starting to melt along the shore so maybe another 10 days. We place bets around here on when the "ice out" date will be. :p

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 3.58.43 PM.png

Difficult to look at silver linings (and apologies if this gets political), but the realization that some drugs/products need to be made domestically is a positive. A potentially huge one for PR where back when the economy was solid, manufacture and pharma led the way. Seems like something that could be priority going forward, whether here or on the mainland.
I don't think that's political (or at least doesn't have to be), and is a very valid point. Being dependent upon another country for vital needs - especially one who is, or could potentially be, hostile to your interests in the future, is not a sound strategic decision.

That's why we need to get over the death count hump (maybe April 15) and then ease back our economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back