Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was specifically in the Arizona Governor's executive order from yesterday:
View attachment 8934670
So basically the Governor is saying you can actually do whatever you want and you are free from prosecution/fines/ whatever if you disobey. The State can't require you to prove you were following the policy. Some teeth in that one by golly.

Last edited:
I learned today my wife has to use a single mask all day for her 10 hour shift. When she leaves the OR she’s instructed to take the mask off, put it in a paper bag, then put the bag on a shelf. When she returns to the OR go retrieve that mask from the bag and reuse it.

It's so surreal here in Las Vegas. One thing that scares me is when the economy is restarted after all this, what are the chances it takes till 2021 for this town to come back alive.

It's so surreal here in Las Vegas. One thing that scares me is when the economy is restarted after all this, what are the chances it takes till 2021 for this town to come back alive.

Was supposed to be there this weekend!! #FUCovid!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Florida data isn’t going to look good either at the current rate. Florida passed Louisiana today in terms of rate of rise in new infections.
Miami-Dade and Broward are really climbing, the rest of the state is still looking OK. We are going full lock down in our house as of today. One grocery trip a week.

One of my technicians has become symptomatic. He is on 14 day quarantine after he tested negative for influenza.

Anyone see the social distancing for homeless in Vegas? Boxes on the pavement? corporates-being-jerks-corona-memes-fb39-png__700.jpg

I learned today my wife has to use a single mask all day for her 10 hour shift. When she leaves the OR she’s instructed to take the mask off, put it in a paper bag, then put the bag on a shelf. When she returns to the OR go retrieve that mask from the bag and reuse it.
Yeah alot of my nurse friends are experiencing similar, well one new one each so not that bad, but supplies are supposedly on the way I hear now that other companies are making them

Hope she is safe as can be there!

Catholic Charities shelter had to shut down because of COVID-19. Some volunteers tested positive. Where else can they put them? It's really the best they can do. It sucks, but I don't see how the city can accommodate a large number of homeless.

That's crazy, it looks like a scene out of TWD.

I had read somewhere that Seamus Golf has changed to making masks for healthcare workers for now. Per their website. if one is a healthcare worker and needs a "kit" to contact them. https://www.seamusgolf.com/
Especially since you are in Oregon, and I see only a few miles away according to Mr Google, probably definitely worth a try to see how they might help your wife and maybe her colleagues. Maybe you wife's hospital is even in Beaverton?

Last edited:
i'm seeing more and more people making masks...I don't know if they are doing it for profit but people are mailing them out daily.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/covid...reported-study/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“The study published Monday in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases estimated that the death rate will be 0.66%, which is much lower than figures between 2% and 3.4% that have come out of Wuhan, China, according to CNN.”
Obviously the lack of testing makes this seem like we’ll never know an accurate answer. At least not until a test can be delivered to determine antibodies are present.

Obviously the lack of testing makes this seem like we’ll never know an accurate answer. At least not until a test can be delivered to determine antibodies are present.
It's early. I'm sure with this virus we will do, pardon the analogy, a very thorough post-mortem.

If we don't, shame on us all.

Interesting graph on the projected peak for each state. And how many + or - total beds, ICU beds, and ventilators needed or surplus. Just hold courser over each state.
From that:
The bottom line: Coronavirus outbreaks, both globally and in the U.S., have seemed manageable until it's too late. For states that so far aren't hit hard, there's no such thing as over-preparing.

Province has informed us that all non-essential businesses have to close starting tomorrow until April 14th.
Our college, that will not allow students on campus, that has 90% of staff working from home, has found a way around things so that we can stay open.

I am pretty torn on this. We 100% should not be there. The college won't send us home with pay. You can ask for a layoff, but you then make 55% of your wage on unemployment. People working from home still get paid, but almost everyone at home is doing NOTHING.

Us frontline workers are going to get effed on this. Cleaners are having to take layoffs or VTO (buying time off), we will all eventually get laid off and struggle.

At a hospital in our province, a nurse worked in the emergency ward for wait for it ....... 4 SHIFTS with symptoms.

Has now tested positive. How. The. Hell. Does. That. Happen. Hundreds of people potentially exposed.

So wait.....tennis & golf courses are now closed in Frisco due to ordinance but groups of 10 or less are still allowed? And hiking/trails are still open for use? Makes no sense.
I've already said several times why I think golf should be closed, so won't go there. But no tennis or picklelball, badminton (even singles) should be clear decisions to say no....players share and pickup the same ball or shuttlec**k.

I've already said several times why I think golf should be closed, so won't go there. But no tennis or picklelball, badminton (even singles) should be clear decisions to say no....players share and pickup the same ball or shuttlec**k.

Agree. But you gonna close the courses you should be closing the city trails too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back