Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s good to hear. Now, if only the weather were better for you.
At this rate I won't have to worry about Covid-19, I will have a heart attack shovelling the GD snow instead.

At this rate I won't have to worry about Covid-19, I will have a heart attack shovelling the GD snow instead.

They'll tag it as a COVID-19 death. That we can be sure.

Im still in the camp that golf courses could and should remain open. Its hard to think of another recreation that can be performed while maintaining good social distancing while also offering some stress relief of being out ion nature as well as generating some productive economics. Imo its a win win win withing these difficult times.
A 4some can play a whole round while never entering each others personal space and in fact spend most that time many yards apart. Not to mention the next group being a couple hundred yrs away. Pro shops can maintain really good distancing as well. All rounds prepaid, no reason to come in close contact with anyone. No cart rentals, flags remain in all the time, shallow holes, prepaid with no personal exchanges between anyone. Everything done with very little to no personal contact at all. You can drive to a course, check in and play in a 4some and never come within 6 feet of anyone. And in fact spend most that time many yards apart. Even grounds crews are 99% the time separated even in normal circumstances they are alone and acres apart from each other. . In its own small but major way generates cash flow , taxes, etc and allows for an out for so many people yet without the distancing risks of so many other things.

I agree with this, people need an outlet and importantly, the economy needs to find ways to keep moving and this is a win-win if done responsibly. I can see the authorities viewing more trips outside the home resulting in more side trips to the store and general lack of seriousness about stay-at-home. If done well, golf should be on the menu.

If I got the virus I'd probably just drop dead from freakin' out after watching all the sensationalizing of the horror stories for a month now. :sick:

Governor Sisolak has now extended closures to April 30th and activated the Nevada National Guard. Martial law could be just around the corner. Since the next two weeks are crucial with the expectation of the coronavirus hitting its apex, it's going to be a very long month of April. Stay safe, stay home.
If that happens stay safe. I still a few friends there.

. Since the next two weeks are crucial with the expectation of the coronavirus hitting its apex, it's going to be a very long month of April. Stay safe, stay home.
two weeks? honestly I dont know how anyone can say just how long nor how bad this will get. No onme really knows. there is no cure and fwiw not only are the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions at higher risk but a good percentage of healthier younger folks are also perishing in this disaster.

We cant believe what is reported from China. How many have they tested and are they still testing at what degre? a and are they being transparent about 100% of any of it. They have like 1.4 billion people and here in the US we only have about 340 million yet somehow we surpassed them in virus? I dont care about politics but only about what we can or cant believe about this virus disease fro Chinese officials.

But here in the USA its much more difficult to take the lock down extremes of other places anyway. Im afraid one the things that makes the USA so great may also be one the worst things to deal with this epidemic. We are not built to lock down socially and economically. We simply are not built that way.

They (the so called experts) are still trying to predict some make believe apex for something of which imo they have no idea and is out of control. A couple weeks ago this was suppose to be approaching apex and now at this point its another month before apex and as another week passes its going to go further. Even if China really is truthful and has it under control, whats going to happen when they loosen up the lock downs? The virus will just pick up again. And there are reports that it actually is. None of this distcancing is stopping anything but all its doing is slowing it down so the medical staffs can better handle the load. But there is no cure so how is this ever going to stop? ZSoon as any lax is placed into these shut-downs the virus will spread again.

Folks. I fear this a problem far bigger than even the experts predict. There is no medicine to stop this. And its very easily spread. Imo unless you can lock down everything for a month where as everyone (100%) at all is ever in contact with any person its going go spread and even that is not possible.

I know this sounds scary bit until there is a medicine cure this is going to get imo even scarier. So sad that family and loved ones people cant even be with their loved ones who are or who have died. I mean you cant even be with the person in your own family who may be dying. Sorry to be so down about all this but I just think we are in for a whole lot worse of the bad and i really hope Im wrong.

I know this sounds scary bit until there is a medicine cure this is going to get imo even scarier. So sad that family and loved ones people cant even be with their loved ones who are or who have died. I mean you cant even be with the person in your own family who may be dying. Sorry to be so down about all this but I just think we are in for a whole lot worse of the bad and i really hope Im wrong.

I just went through this scenario. Not a COVID-19 death but 100% a COVID-19 impact on family dealing with a death. It is devastating, and my heart goes out to people. This is going to get much harder, and that sucks.

So Arkansas is really considering a stay-at-home order for COVID-19. We have over 600 cases and 10 deaths since the beginning.

To put that into perspective, those numbers just passed flu illnesses and flu death numbers (over 500/9 deaths) just from this last week alone in the state.

I’m probably going to trigger some people but the statistics are out there.

I get that some folks are feeling this is out of control, but at the same time I don't trust the reporting. There's the "human coronavirus" that's listed on the back of Lysol cans, of which there are many strains and for which most are not life-threatening, or anymore life threatening than the regular flu. Then there's the more aggressive Novel COVID19. My point is most of us have some "Covi" bacteria/virus in our systems because it's been around for ages, and thus when people say someone died of the "coronavirus" I don't exactly know what that means. Next, the testing and death data are defined as due to the "coronavirus", but they fail to differentiate which strain. They are also seemingly ignoring deaths due to the regular flu, and / or chalking-up what would have been flu deaths to the "coronavirus" simply because the decedent had the baseline asymptomatic markers. My point is I believe there's still a lot of disinformation right now and just sit back and wait this out.

I get that some folks are feeling this is out of control, but at the same time I don't trust the reporting. There's the "human coronavirus" that's listed on the back of Lysol cans, of which there are many strains and for which most are not life-threatening, or anymore life threatening than the regular flu. Then there's the more aggressive Novel COVID19. My point is most of us have some "Covi" bacteria/virus in our systems because it's been around for ages, and thus when people say someone died of the "coronavirus" I don't exactly know what that means. Next, the testing and death data are defined as due to the "coronavirus", but they fail to differentiate which strain. They are also seemingly ignoring deaths due to the regular flu, and / or chalking-up what would have been flu deaths to the "coronavirus" simply because the decedent had the baseline asymptomatic markers. My point is I believe there's still a lot of disinformation right now and just sit back and wait this out.
Coronavirus is a generic term for the current SARS-CoV-2.

COVID-19 is the disease that can follow after successful transmission.

Think of it like AIDS being the disease with HIV being the virus.

So Arkansas is really considering a stay-at-home order for COVID-19. We have over 600 cases and 10 deaths since the beginning.

To put that into perspective, those numbers just passed flu illnesses and flu death numbers (over 500/9 deaths) just from this last week alone in the state.

Unless the governor starts getting meaningful pressure from someone/where deemed important, or it suddenly takes off, I don't feel like that'll happen. Pretty laid back attitude about it in Little Rock compared to most places.

Coronavirus is a generic term for the current SARS-CoV-2.

COVID-19 is the disease that can follow after successful transmission.

Think of it like AIDS being the disease with HIV being the virus.
I get that, but here's my issue..."presumptive" cases....

Attachments

• 2020-04-01_21-29-34.png
    2020-04-01_21-29-34.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 17

My God. I sure hope you knuckleheads are right. But I suspect that you'll realize how serious this really is when it's too late.

I think that the data is convincing enough that drastic measures have to be taken right now, for the safety of everyone. If this hasn't hit your community yet, you should be thankful and willing to do anything you can to preserve that level of safety. That's my very strong opinion. Forgive me if it offends, or not. It had to be said, IMHO. People are dying. Really.

If enough people take this seriously RIGHT NOW, and if we're very lucky, I'll look like the knucklehead in a couple of months.

I hope to owe you an apology down the road. But damn.

We have 355 dead in NJ with 69 of that coming yesterday. That is sobering. As is recommended let's continue the shut down until the daily death counts are in a downward tend. That said things will never be like they were before. For instance hand shaking will be a thing of the past.

They are testing for this specific coronavirus. it’s not “disinformation”

I get that, but here's my issue..."presumptive" cases....

A “presumptive positive” is a test at the local level (like a state lab) that has not even validated/confirmed by the CDC.

I think sometimes we are surprised at the spread of this in heavily populate areas and how it might get to other areas, but consider how close contact many people are in this country. I have never liked being close enough to a person that bodily fluids are spraying all over me. I played basketball a lot and you simply cannot avoid someone else's sweat and junk getting on you.

Those of you that travel in airplanes, buses, etc. know they pack you in tight as possible for the almighty dollar and it is impossible not to get junk all over you from those sitting next to you. In our major cities people are often packed as tight as sardines in a can.

It is not hard to understand how this, or any contagion would spread at high rates.

My God. I sure hope you knuckleheads are right. But I suspect that you'll realize how serious this really is when it's too late.

I think that the data is convincing enough that drastic measures have to be taken right now, for the safety of everyone. If this hasn't hit your community yet, you should be thankful and willing to do anything you can to preserve that level of safety. That's my very strong opinion. Forgive me if it offends, or not. It had to be said, IMHO. People are dying. Really.

If enough people take this seriously RIGHT NOW, and if we're very lucky, I'll look like the knucklehead in a couple of months.

I hope to owe you an apology down the road. But damn.

This all might be my frustration coming out for being cooped up in the house all the time but I feel like it’s been knee jerk reactions that are dictating our lives at this moment.

This all might be my frustration coming out for being cooped up in the house all the time but I feel like it’s been knee jerk reactions that are dictating our lives at this moment.
Why do you say that?

I have my first case of someone I know having Covid 19. One of my friends brother who I also know just not as well just spent 11 days in a Tacoma hospital. He was on a respirator for 9 of those days and was very close to death. He is early 50's, a big healthy guy that was released yesterday.

The danger from this is very real but I still see people blowing it off like it's nothing to worry about. I admit at first I thought this was mostly hype but was still taking precautions. My opinion started to really change about a month ago and my wife and I are only leaving the house when we have to. Please everyone stay home, stay safe and let's get past this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back