Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.breitbart.com/national-...hoot-them-dead/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte issued a “shoot to kill” order to police officers on Wednesday for anyone they see violating Chinese coronavirus quarantine orders.”

👀

From Reuters:

"The national police chief on Thursday said police understood that Duterte was demonstrating his seriousness about public order, and no one would be shot."

Using
If Amazon, eBay and the like can crack down on price gouging then the government can too; blacklist that company from ever dealing with them again.

The sad reality however is that at this time, the medical profession needs the equipment in order to keep their staff safe. Maybe the cheque gets lost in the mail?

There are those who will always try to cash in on other people's misfortune.

Using

There are those who will always try to cash in on other people's misfortune.
Yep, kick 'em when they are down. I wonder if there is a greater price to pay for those that do such things.

If Amazon, eBay and the like can crack down on price gouging then the government can too; blacklist that company from ever dealing with them again.

The sad reality however is that at this time, the medical profession needs the equipment in order to keep their staff safe. Maybe the cheque gets lost in the mail?
I'd love to see any of that happen.

Karma is an absolute ***** hahaha

My God. I sure hope you knuckleheads are right. But I suspect that you'll realize how serious this really is when it's too late.

I think that the data is convincing enough that drastic measures have to be taken right now, for the safety of everyone. If this hasn't hit your community yet, you should be thankful and willing to do anything you can to preserve that level of safety. That's my very strong opinion. Forgive me if it offends, or not. It had to be said, IMHO. People are dying. Really.

If enough people take this seriously RIGHT NOW, and if we're very lucky, I'll look like the knucklehead in a couple of months.

I hope to owe you an apology down the road. But damn.
If this virus is so deadly, then why is has every discussion about this virus by our govt been 100% political? Why were there stockpiles of ventilators in NJ when (supposedly) NYC was desperate for ventilators? It's turned into anything to make Trump look bad, and now Pelosi is reverting back to impeachment 2.0 over COVID19 when she and other Trump haters told people the CV was no big deal in early March. The OANN reporter was removed from the White House Press Corp (now back) because she asked too many questions about China's lying about the virus, and subsequent cover-up. Murderers are being released from prison and authorities are now not investigating crimes against citizens. Gun sales are exploding because it's become quite clear the government is eager to infringe on civil liberty in the name of "safety".

That's why people don't buy-into the severity of this virus, and as I posted earlier, deaths are presumed to be from CV which smells like a load of BS. Calling people knuckleheads is BS simply because we disagree with your "we're all gonna die" view. I don't mean to offend anyone, just IMO.

so I am not losing my mind.

I thought it was 3/ pack but even 5/pack is $20 each. I wouldn’t go as far as to say you’re not losing your mind but you are correct here ;)

well

after doing some calculations, I should be receiving approximately $0.00 of the ~$98,000,000,000 in benefits and subsidies currently planned by the Canadian government

EI? Nope, I'm working beyond the qualification. CERB? I'd have to abuse the system and lie to qualify. 75% Wage Subsidy? Revenue isn't down far enough here to qualify.

:facepalm:

If your golf course is still open and has made the recommended social distancing changes, would you still play if it is determined you need a mask in public?

https://www.axios.com/fauci-coronav...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

“Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Anthony Fauci recommended on Thursday that all states across the U.S. implement stay-at-home orders, at a CNN town hall.”

Someone needs to explain the 10th Amendment to the good doctor...

:unsure:

One might point out that the 10th ammendment is precisely the reason that he needs to issue guidance to states. It's his job to make these recommendations to policy makers. The folks making these very important local decisions can not be expected to understand infectious disease and epidemiology in great depth. That is why we have experts advising them. It's actually pretty cool when people have the good sense to listen to a genuine authority. (y)

A recommendation is not an infringement on anyone's free will.

Why aren’t they sending ALL those masks to the front line???
Apparently because there are hefty profits to be made.

That puts me off ever buying anything from Seamus.

:unsure:

One might point out that the 10th ammendment is precisely the reason that he needs to issue guidance to states. It's his job to make these recommendations to policy makers. The folks making these very important local decisions can not be expected to understand infectious disease and epidemiology in great depth. That is why we have experts advising them. It's actually pretty cool when people have the good sense to listen to a genuine authority. (y)

A recommendation is not an infringement on anyone's free will.
And I prefer that his expertise is as a scientist and a medical doctor trying to save lives while allowing someone else with the expertise in legal matters handle that piece. His recommendation is not incorrect by any means but legal experts will never allow it in the same manner states have allowed churches to remain open to congregate.

Yeah not gonna lie that kinda puts a sour taste in my mouth. So let’s see. Local store has N95 masks in stock near them. So for comparison purposes..... ten for $100, or..F6911C81-E96D-4F4B-9A68-CE974B6A855D.jpeg

OH.

Funny thing is, if they had a thing where it was like "buy one of our very expensive covers and we'll send 10 masks to the front line" I'd probably be inclined to be a part of it.

Funny thing is, if they had a thing where it was like "buy one of our very expensive covers and we'll send 10 masks to the front line" I'd probably be inclined to be a part of it.
What if I told you they were made with extra love?

What if I told you they were made with extra love?

“The process by which we have brought our masks to the market does not follow that of a hospital grade medical supply that would follow very strict agency guidelines.”

Does love mean not medical grade, and probably not quite as effective?

“The process by which we have brought our masks to the market does not follow that of a hospital grade medical supply that would follow very strict agency guidelines.”

Does love mean not medical grade, and probably not quite as effective?
Right. Medical grade masks are made with science, not love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back