Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those "challenges" include: unwanted guests crashing and harassing strangers video chats (a trolling technique known as Zoombombing); allowing Facebook to collect unnecessary data; and the company itself incorrectly suggesting to users that the service was end-to-end encrypted (it's not). Yuan lists some of the steps the company's already taken to address these issues, but also announced a commitment to freeze any work not directed towards safety and privacy for the next 90 days. This includes conducting a review with third-party experts, running a series of security penetration tests and — in the name of transparency — hosting a weekly webinar to provide updates to users.

Ew.

My client had 2 conferences on Zoom that went down for a few minutes. Not a big deal but caused some confusion as some were on Zoom and others were calling in

Some say need, others say demand.

Some say gouging, others say pricing effectively.
Pricing life saving equipment at well above a reasonable value in a time where the Nation has an unprecedented health risk AND unemployment rate is NOT okay.

You call it pricing effectively, I call it classless, disgusting, and worthy of walking into oncoming traffic.

My wife informed me she’s self isolating starting today. She’s offered to work from home if they give her a laptop but they haven’t yet. It’s more time together!:drinks:

That was my thought. If that is the cost, surely there's a better way to support first responders etc. Wonder what Rose&Fire's costs are;

Balls in your court Seamus!

tl;dr 3M VFlex 1804 N95 (among other pleated masks) survived sterilization in a standard hospital autoclave and was able to be re-used multiple times
Yes, this is pretty much what they are doing at my wife’s hospital.

That was my thought. If that is the cost, surely there's a better way to support first responders etc. Wonder what Rose&Fire's costs are;

I am a big fan of Rose & Fire. This is very good of them to do.

Pricing life saving equipment at well above a reasonable value in a time where the Nation has an unprecedented health risk AND unemployment rate is NOT okay.

You call it pricing effectively, I call it classless, disgusting, and worthy of walking into oncoming traffic.

Let's just say there's a well-known golf accessory brand doing this EXACT thing under the guise of a charitable donation, and I'm NOT okay with it.

Let's just say there's a well-known golf accessory brand doing this EXACT thing under the guise of a charitable donation, and I'm NOT okay with it.

It has been mentioned a few times in this thread. Quite the debate on what is going on there.

And now I'm realizing we're talking about the same company, and I regret my error.

Regarding mask usage:

Wearing something other than nothing is important. Reusing PPE (as many hospitals have been forced to do) is incredibly dangerous, so companies doing what they can to add more masks to the mix is a good thing.

I work for a large healthcare regulatory company that has constant contact with the CDC. We are not far away from requiring masks for all citizens when venturing into public establishments.

An hour and a half into the supermarket line. Not in yet but can see the door. TPs on the list.

Some sobering (and validated) data we've been working with regarding COVID. Review at your leisure and with an objective mind. Understand that it is all projections, and those projections can be impacted by our actions as a collective.

Some sobering (and validated) data we've been working with regarding COVID. Review at your leisure and with an objective mind. Understand that it is all projections, and those projections can be impacted by our actions as a collective.

That is well done, although I do struggle with all of these types of projections for two reasons. We have absolutely no idea what happened in China as it relates to real numbers. And we have no idea, how this reacts to weather.

I understand with that said, projections are all we can go by.

I don't want to see another pic of that deadly virus again... especially not on my headcover. It is a beatdown.

Nice thought, but no ... don't want to see it.

How about something re a Golfer Breaking Out of Cabin Fever.

That is well done, although I do struggle with all of these types of projections for two reasons. We have absolutely no idea what happened in China as it relates to real numbers. And we have no idea, how this reacts to weather.

I understand with that said, projections are all we can go by.

True, and there are independent studies emerging that test synthetic shells of the virus in different weather conditions. Another sobering thought: while heat may (or may not) damage the virus, air conditioning may protect it.

We now have had 4 deaths in Albany County and 2935 in NY State.

I still cannot figure out why one of the first things being hoarded was something to wipe your butt with. I would hoard actual life sustaining supplies before hoarding that. I have a shower and plenty of extra socks laying around if it was absolutely necessary.
I've never understood it either - nor the food hoarding. There are no supply issues with TP or food, I don't know why sheeple are acting as if the apocalypse is upon us and we're all going to starve to death with dirty butts if we don't hoard all the things. It's just unsubstantiated fearmongering causing it.

I still cannot figure out why one of the first things being hoarded was something to wipe your butt with. I would hoard actual life sustaining supplies before hoarding that. I have a shower and plenty of extra socks laying around if it was absolutely necessary.
1585927304746.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back