Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know know... I kind of like the head cover. Not sure I don’t buy that, to it sure would go well with a biohazard kind of club theme.

Some may find that tasteless an entire bag themed as a biohazard... it may be kind of cool though... all reds, lime greens, yellows and black. Of course the biohazard markings may put off some people but then again, it may prevent theft of your stuff...

I know the mention of this source will raise some blood pressures, but Glenn Beck reporting today the USNS ships in NYC and LA are 95% empty. Apparently lots of red tape, including:

the Navy has a list of 49 conditions that exclude a potential patient
before a patient can be admitted to a ship, the patient must first be diagnosed and processed at a local hospital

Maybe if they had done a strike- through on the virus symbols. Maybe. But otherwise to me it's just creepy despite the good intent and just seeing the virus symbols without seeing/getting the wording would be hard to take I think for anyone who has a loved one who contracted the disease.

Maybe if they had done a strike- through on the virus symbols. Maybe. But otherwise to me it's just creepy despite the good intent and just seeing the virus symbols without seeing/getting the wording would be hard to take I think for anyone who has a loved one who contracted the disease.
I think the #DriveItAway makes the point. YMMV obviously.

The ones who say 'pricing effectively' are wrong, and don't understand the economy or the law.

So much for supply and demand.

Pricing life saving equipment at well above a reasonable value in a time where the Nation has an unprecedented health risk AND unemployment rate is NOT okay.

You call it pricing effectively, I call it classless, disgusting, and worthy of walking into oncoming traffic.

Life saving equipment?

• WTF
Reactions: JB
Wait, you don't believe gloves, masks and respirators can be life saving? :oops:

Possibly, but I was specifically referring to toilet tissue.

Wait, you don't believe gloves, masks and respirators can be life saving? :oops:
And don't forget food. Glad I am not paying $20 a gallon for milk and $15/dozen for eggs. Sure, I would be able to do it. But what about the people who are making minimum wage, who are not receiving child support, who were laid off? I am just about as free-market as they come, but I am not sure I want to live in a society where that is accepted.

I know Sweden was talked about earlier in this thread as a place to watch due to their not changing much.
Their death rate is now higher per capita than the US and most countries in Europe.

And don't forget food. Glad I am not paying $20 a gallon for milk and $15/dozen for eggs. Sure, I would be able to do it. But what about the people who are making minimum wage, who are not receiving child support, who were laid off? I am just about as free-market as they come, but I am not sure I want to live in a society where that is accepted.

Oh yeah, seems simple enough.
As you know, I am 100% for free markets, yet believe without question gouging laws have to exist in any time of crisis.

I know Sweden was talked about earlier in this thread as a place to watch due to their not changing much.
Their death rate is now higher per capita than the US and most countries in Europe.
I guess that answers that question. I had a feeling that was going to turn out negatively.

Oh yeah, seems simple enough.
As you know, I am 100% for free markets, yet believe without question gouging laws have to exist in any time of crisis.

In New York, it is considered gouging if the price in a crisis is raised by more than 10% above pre-crisis levels.

I know the mention of this source will raise some blood pressures, but Glenn Beck reporting today the USNS ships in NYC and LA are 95% empty. Apparently lots of red tape, including:

before a patient can be admitted to a ship, the patient must first be diagnosed and processed at a local hospital

That seems reasonable to me, based on their orders. The ships are acting as overflow for non-CV19 patients. They sure as heck don't want every CV19 positive person in the boroughs showing up to infect the patients that don't have the virus. Hospitals on land have the protocols to test and separate the CV19 patients so I kind of agree. The question is should the restriction of not treating CV19 patients be lifted. In NY it seems that they are moving that way, NY Times reported the Fed Gov't approved use of the Javits Center that was overflow and perhaps the ship will follow suit.

Here is something in addition to the Navy’s conditions. Cuomo said the Navy ship is not taking Covid 19 patients. He also said that most of the patients in the hospitals were Covid 19 patients. So, in NY, I don’t know if there is a demand for the beds on the ship.

That seems reasonable to me, based on their orders. The ships are acting as overflow for non-CV19 patients. They sure as heck don't want every CV19 positive person in the boroughs showing up to infect the patients that don't have the virus. Hospitals on land have the protocols to test and separate the CV19 patients so I kind of agree. The question is should the restriction of not treating CV19 patients be lifted. In NY it seems that they are moving that way, NY Times reported the Fed Gov't approved use of the Javits Center that was overflow and perhaps the ship will follow suit.

According to Gov. Cuomo, the Navy is resisting using the ship for Covid patients because of difficulties is disinfecting the ship.

Here is something in addition to the Navy’s conditions. Cuomo said the Navy ship is not taking Covid 19 patients. He also said that most of the patients in the hospitals were Covid 19 patients. So, in NY, I don’t know if there is a demand for the beds on the ship.

I'd heard that, too. I thought the idea was to offload patients with other conditions (picking two condition at random, dialysis patients or cardiac care.) Maybe those are on the exclusion list. Maybe for good reason. But I have to believe there are a lot of people in the NYC area every day who are hospitalized with non-COVID conditions.

Man. How will the hotspots ever subside if people keep ignoring the warnings?

Screenshot_20200403-110711_Twitter.jpg

Update to this. The country's 2nd largest city has so many patients, there are some being housed on floors in different facilities.

I’m having a lot of trouble with the the IMHE model for the Wuhan coronavirus that the White House is relying on to make policy decisions. It is using NY/NJ data and applying it to the rest of the U.S.

It predicted that over 121,000 Americans would be hospitalized yesterday over the coronavirus. The actual number is 31,142. The projection does take Social Distancing into account.

The projection data is found here:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

The hospitalization data is found here:
https://covidtracking.com/data/

State by State the projection is way off. Look at TN as an example.
Projection v. Actual
View attachment 8935026
View attachment 8935027
In Tennessee, the IMHE model predicted that 2,214 people in Tennessee would have been hospitalized by yesterday due to the Wuhan coronavirus. The actual number is 200.

Here are the US charts:
Projection vs. Actual
View attachment 8935028
View attachment 8935029
Some sobering (and validated) data we've been working with regarding COVID. Review at your leisure and with an objective mind. Understand that it is all projections, and those projections can be impacted by our actions as a collective.

I mentioned this yesterday... The State by State projections are way off when compared to the actual hospitalized data.
Thoughts?

I don’t know know... I kind of like the head cover. Not sure I don’t buy that, to it sure would go well with a biohazard kind of club theme.

Some may find that tasteless an entire bag themed as a biohazard... it may be kind of cool though... all reds, lime greens, yellows and black. Of course the biohazard markings may put off some people but then again, it may prevent theft of your stuff...

My game is enough of a hazard. I don't need to advertise it. :)

Man. How will the hotspots ever subside if people keep ignoring the warnings?

View attachment 8935177
I see stuff like this, and all I want to say, is whatever. If that's their prerogative, to ignore the social distancing requirements put in place, fine...

Just don't leave the city for a year. Whatever happens, happens.

I see stuff like this, and all I want to say, is whatever. If that's their prerogative, to ignore the social distancing requirements put in place, fine...

Just don't leave the city for a year. Whatever happens, happens.
It is just infuriating to see such blatant disregard. I think I need to go on my daily media/social media blackout for a bit.

It is just infuriating to see such blatant disregard. I think I need to go on my daily media/social media blackout for a bit.
Yeah, I'm not doing much on there right now, unless it's golf related.

I need a vacation from my work, and social media, and the Rona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back