Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, in areas of high air pollution, you are more likely to die from corona...
“The results of this paper suggest that long-term exposure to air pollution increases vulnerability to experiencing the most severe Covid-19 outcomes,” the authors wrote.
If this is really the case. China should have seen far more deaths. As they have had the greatest pollution. Don't you think?

It happens. Think of it like you just helped that poor guy out and maybe it helps him meet ends this month.

Ok, I will say one neat thing about this system, you can watch on the app to see each item they have purchased and they send you a message if it's out of stock and give you alternative options.

I think part of this is the loss of control. I don't like that someone else is doing this for me. I actually enjoy going to the grocery store. A weekly shop is something I look forward to.

I am not worried about me getting sick, honestly if I do so be it. I am worried about @JB getting sick. He is the lifeblood of THP, nothing can happen to him. He has to stay healthy.

We are all likely to die .... death and taxes, you know... they are pointing out you are even more likely to die suffering from corona in an area or county that's been highly polluted -- the difference is as close as neighboring counties.
sure, which would be the same for any respiratory illness.

I could have gone for myself. My sister is sending me a mask, I will have it by Thursday. But Jose J is already shopping for my order so I can't cancel now. I regret this decision so much right now.

If you wash your hands afterwards before touching your face you will be fine. Us and a lot of our friends have been ordering all of our supplies and groceries online for weeks now and none of us have caught the virus. Hopefully, she is sending you an N95 respirator that fits properly as even a surgical mask offers minimal protection for the wearer. Surgical masks and other "dust masks" that are often sold at places like home depot will protect you against large droplets but not very well against a virus. Masks are designed mainly to prevent the wearer from spreading it to others.

Ok, I will say one neat thing about this system, you can watch on the app to see each item they have purchased and they send you a message if it's out of stock and give you alternative options.

I think part of this is the loss of control. I don't like that someone else is doing this for me. I actually enjoy going to the grocery store. A weekly shop is something I look forward to.

I am not worried about me getting sick, honestly if I do so be it. I am worried about @JB getting sick. He is the lifeblood of THP, nothing can happen to him. He has to stay healthy.

He’ll be okay. You’re the one with respiratory issues, you probably can’t get sick just cause that would suck.

Playing golf around 3pm (mountain). I will play as a single and based on my chat with the head pro will be added to a threesome. I'm a little nervous, depending on the group. I am also a uneasy as to whether playing golf is something I should be doing or not. I will for sure feel guilty. This will be an experiment. For one, is the course doing their part in how they manage golf? How does this work in practice on the course? I think golf is a safe activity with reasonable precautions.

Playing golf around 3pm (mountain). I will play as a single and based on my chat with the head pro will be added to a threesome. I'm a little nervous, depending on the group. I am also a uneasy as to whether playing golf is something I should be doing or not. I will for sure feel guilty. This will be an experiment. For one, is the course doing their part in how they manage golf? How does this work in practice on the course? I think golf is a safe activity with reasonable precautions.

I had the opportunity Saturday afternoon to be added to a threesome of strangers and I turned it down.

In my area courses refuse to pair people into a foursome. I’m now uncomfortable with the concept and wouldn’t do it if offered the option while COVID19 is still an issue.

#1stworldproblems
Getting a tee time around here is damn near impossible right now. Thousands upon thousands of golfers and only 4 open courses, I've even seen tee times being sold on the secondary market. What a time to be alive.

It's time to #shrinkthegame

Good for the restaurants. As I understand it, those are their most profitable items.
I believe the size limitations are 2oz per drink and 2 per order as I recall reading somewhere. I know a place here in Columbus where I'm willing to buy a whole bottle of 2 oz drinks in multiple orders if I was allowed to.

China's death total is probably nowhere near to being accurate.

I would agree. Have been told from more then one person I trust that companies aren’t exactly re-opening offices by their choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just my view, but I think that golf pro is being totally irresponsible. If he or she was working at our club, the Board would be having a meeting to discuss practices. No one should be assigned to play with a group of unknown people. Do you ride in a cart? Are you riding alone?

I would agree. Have been told from more then one person I trust that companies aren’t exactly re-opening offices by their choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It may never be reported if it happens, but they'll probably experience a bump in cases and deaths. We may be able to notice by their pollution/air quality (if someone looks into it, and then reports it).

I just placed my first ever Instant Cart order. The tip was crazy high, and I really wish I could just go to the store instead, especially since I will have a mask in a couple of days, but with the reporting today that the next two weeks are going to be the worst and if you can avoid the store do so, I decided to bite the bullet and order everything for delivery. I have one canister of Clorox wipes still so I will use that, along with wearing gloves, to clean everything when it arrives.

I really hate this! I am already having second thoughts. I feel like me wearing a mask and gloves is safer than trusting someone I don't know. I know for a fact I don't have it. I've haven't left the house in over 2 weeks, how do I know this person doesn't have it? Ugh, I am having MAJOR buyers remorse right now.

We have been wiping everything down that has to be refrigerated. The other non-perishable items have a "cool off" period where they sit in the car for 3-4 days with the windows open.

What was the quote I saw yesterday... "dear universe, if we are really good, can we please keep 'to go' booze after all this is over?"

Just my view, but I think that golf pro is being totally irresponsible. If he or she was working at our club, the Board would be having a meeting to discuss practices. No one should be assigned to play with a group of unknown people. Do you ride in a cart? Are you riding alone?

They just opened for the season. I'm not sure they know what they are doing. He's the owner. There will likely be some learning happening. I will head out and see what the scene is like.

Another local public course is far more rigorous in their COVID-19 efforts. If I feel uncomfortable, I can grab a 10 play punch card and play there for awhile.

Well, my worker secretly entered a contest with chipotle and door dash and won food for our hospital clinic.. on a day I forgot lunch this was perfect
View attachment 8936097

Omg I'm so stuffed

But super cool some companies are jumping in to give back.. I see a lot of pizza places fulfilling large orders for the hospitals around us to
If Covid-19 doesn't get you e coli will :).

I have one canister of Clorox wipes still so I will use that, along with wearing gloves, to clean everything when it arrives.
If you run low on Clorox wipes, make a 10% bleach solution (1/4 cup bleach, 2 1/4 cups water) in a spray bottle (and keep it out of direct sunlight). If you have some spare cloth (ratty t-shirts, old wash cloths, unmatched socks, etc), you can always spray your items with the bleach solution, wipe down with a cloth and throw the cloth into the washer to wash, dry, and reuse.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't think any course should be mixing strangers. We're still playing, but only within our own very small group and no outsiders. We're not even letting certain friends, who are being less than cautious, play with us right now.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can see where there could conceivably be potential vicarious liability issues if somebody caught the virus from a stranger the course paired them with.

Some may wonder why I am skeptical about the quality of the Covid-19 confirmed infection and deaths information available to the general public. Beyond the stories and anecdotes regarding a lack of testing and poorly directed focus of testing protocols, sloppy data, and suspect analysis, I have been researching everything I can find about the reporting of data.

In general, I hold John Hopkins University in very high regard. Therefore, I have been following the reporting of world-wide Covid-19 data provided by the JHU Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE). I found myself hoping that the data over the past three days offered a glimmer of hope that the pace of infection and deaths might be turning the corner. The new cases reported had dropped significantly for two days. Then I noticed something. There have been two pronounced two-day dips in the confirmed infection and deaths recently. Then the numbers started climbing again. In both cases, those two dips correspond to the weekends. Could it be that the reporting on the weekends isn't as good as during the week? After all, the CSSE is dependent on data provided to it by numerous sources, some of which almost certainly better than others.

I'm waiting to see the latest updates this evening, which will represent data from yesterday (Monday). If the incidence of confirmed cases and deaths pops back up this evening and continues to rise through this coming week, that will perhaps suggest that the two dips in confirmed cases and deaths were a function of the calendar rather than a real improvement in the battle against the pandemic. I'm hoping that isn't case, but we'll see.

Jaw dropping: MDH assistant commissioner Kris Ehresmann says of the 296 of the 1,069 positive COVID-19 cases in Minnesota are of health care workers. It could be because they’re the only asymptomatic ones getting tested. Think about that.

Suicide hotline in one state jumped from 1000 to 25000 calls in one day. :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back