Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my view, but I think that golf pro is being totally irresponsible. If he or she was working at our club, the Board would be having a meeting to discuss practices. No one should be assigned to play with a group of unknown people. Do you ride in a cart? Are you riding alone?

Make sure that group is not known as "The Positives".

Pa. decided trout season could start (early) because "Outdoor recreational activities, including fishing, lift our spirits and help relieve stress."

Edit to add this is a reversal. It was shut down until this morning.

Last edited:
Spousal Abuse has increased ... :-(

Someone disliked the post.

But it is a fact ... you put spouses together that are not accustomed to being with each other - the fact that 50% of marriages end in divorce, and probably another 25% are putting off the inevitable, and you have maybe 25% that are happy - and since counseling may be curtailed due to corona, that does not help. I think Men are from Mars, Women from Venus should be required readiing again... I picked it up because my skills are somewhat lacking... I broke up with someone and reading that book, one sees the errors of both ...

You've got unhappy people that do not know how to deal with each other. It could be they have not communicated that much, or you have one spouse going into depression and with depression sometimes comes a loss of temper/rage. And pile that up with a layoff/furlough, and you have a potential disaster.

You could use extra time for self-improvement - audio books are good. But this is bound to happen with cabin fever. It's bad news when people can't manage themselves. And with social isolation, it's tough to look after friends... Everyone keep busy. I'm doing projects that I've put off and work that needs to get done.

Last edited:
Are you saying that is to blame for spike in suicidal people?

No - It's just another consequence of being locked in

You could see it coming as well as an increase in suicide attempts/depression.

Someone disliked the post.

But it is a fact ... you put spouses together that are not accustomed to being with each other - the fact that 50% of marriages end in divorce, and probably another 25% are putting off the inevitable, and you have maybe 25% that are happy - and since counseling may be curtailed due to corona, that does not help. I think Men are from Mars, Women from Venus should be required readiing again... I picked it up because my skills are somewhat lacking... I broke up with someone and reading that book, one sees the errors of both ...

You've got unhappy people that do not know how to deal with each other.

You could use extra time for self-improvement - audio books are good. But this is bound to happen with cabin fever. It's bad news when people can't manage themselves. And with social isolation, it's tough to look after friends...
I agree with what you are saying. I disliked it, because I hate to see those numbers go up. I grew up with an abusive father & watched spousal abuse through different family members.

One of my daughter's teachers sent out an email to both parents and students yesterday. Reiterating that the dues dates she posts are important and that she may not accept late assignments. Claiming that there are a lot of late assignments already. I feel like there has to be some give and take on the front. Their system is not streamlined and it is pretty confusing for me to even go through all of her stuff to try and make sense of what needs to be done when and figure out which platform is being used by which teacher. Honestly, I did the vast majority of my college work through online classes and it was a heck of a lot easier than this.

Has your wife's district talked about what they will be doing for grades? Are they going to be lenient on poor grades, move everyone to the next grade next year and try to makeup then?
I'll ask her when I get home tonight for you.

The whole online teaching thing at an elementary or grade school level is a new thing for them as well. I highly doubt they've refined it enough to demand due dates. I know my wife's class, half her kids haven't even checked in since this whole thing started. Lower grade level in a low income school.

I'll ask her when I get home tonight for you.

The whole online teaching thing at an elementary or grade school level is a new thing for them as well. I highly doubt they've refined it enough to demand due dates. I know my wife's class, half her kids haven't even checked in since this whole thing started. Lower grade level in a low income school.
This would be 7th grade for my oldest. My youngest in 3rd grade has it waaaaaaay easier.

Spousal Abuse has increased ... :-(
I can believe that. My wife has threatened to stab me alot more often than usual.

I just placed my first ever Instant Cart order. The tip was crazy high, and I really wish I could just go to the store instead, especially since I will have a mask in a couple of days, but with the reporting today that the next two weeks are going to be the worst and if you can avoid the store do so, I decided to bite the bullet and order everything for delivery. I have one canister of Clorox wipes still so I will use that, along with wearing gloves, to clean everything when it arrives.

I really hate this! I am already having second thoughts. I feel like me wearing a mask and gloves is safer than trusting someone I don't know. I know for a fact I don't have it. I've haven't left the house in over 2 weeks, how do I know this person doesn't have it? Ugh, I am having MAJOR buyers remorse right now.
I love instacart! Groceries and Alcohol delivered in under 2 hours what more can you want!!
Just wipe everything down and don't stress.

There is hope with social distancing and other measures. In my province of 1.2 million we had 14 new cases yesterday, and only 7 today. We actually had more recoveries than new cases. Mind you some could be unreported, or Asympomatic but shows if people aren't selfish, and stick to new protocols, good news is possible.

A possible treatment for Covid that includes Zinc plus Hydroxycloroquine.

I picked up my wife’s refill of her prescription of Hydroxychloroquine today from Walgreens, without issues.
Her Rheumatologist has also upped her Zinc supplementation, this article is interesting, thanks for sharing...

Suicide hotline in one state jumped from 1000 to 25000 calls in one day. :sick:

Michael Burry mentions the suicides as well. While famous for his investment insight, he‘s a doctor who got his MD from Vanderbilt and says “Universal stay-at-home is the most devastating economic force in modern history, and it is man-made. It very suddenly reverses the gains of underprivileged groups, kills and creates drug addicts, beats and terrorizes women and children in violent now-jobless households, and more. It bleeds deep anguish and suicide.”

You can read his whole take here: https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/mar...ockdowns-in-tweetstorm/ar-BB12gVGQ?li=BBr5HCU

Suicide hotline in one state jumped from 1000 to 25000 calls in one day. :sick:
On the other hand per the CDC average deaths per week (?) is down to @13k from 60k

One of my daughter's teachers sent out an email to both parents and students yesterday. Reiterating that the dues dates she posts are important and that she may not accept late assignments. Claiming that there are a lot of late assignments already. I feel like there has to be some give and take on the front. Their system is not streamlined and it is pretty confusing for me to even go through all of her stuff to try and make sense of what needs to be done when and figure out which platform is being used by which teacher. Honestly, I did the vast majority of my college work through online classes and it was a heck of a lot easier than this.

Has your wife's district talked about what they will be doing for grades? Are they going to be lenient on poor grades, move everyone to the next grade next year and try to makeup then?

math.jpg

#1stworldproblems
Getting a tee time around here is damn near impossible right now. Thousands upon thousands of golfers and only 4 open courses, I've even seen tee times being sold on the secondary market. What a time to be alive.

It's time to #shrinkthegame
How far apart are the tee times now? Our course went to a 20 min gap last Friday.

Jaw dropping: MDH assistant commissioner Kris Ehresmann says of the 296 of the 1,069 positive COVID-19 cases in Minnesota are of health care workers. It could be because they’re the only asymptomatic ones getting tested. Think about that.

And per capita that 1,069 confirmed cases In MN is the lowest of any state in the U.S.

A possible treatment for Covid that includes Zinc plus Hydroxycloroquine.

I picked up my wife’s refill of her prescription of Hydroxychloroquine today from Walgreens, without issues.
Her Rheumatologist has also upped her Zinc supplementation, this article is interesting, thanks for sharing...

I interestingly enough came across this article.

My brother-in-law and sister are quarantining right now. He has had a fever since Friday but no cough or lung issues. Did a teledoctor review and they didn't send him to get tested. After I read this I went to CVS and picked up some Cold-eez lozenges and put it on their doorstep just to be safe. If by chance he does have it, hopefully the zinc dosage will help the immune system fight it off before it gets any worse.

I personally take a multi-vitamin that has 100% of the daily recommended dosage of zinc so hopefully this helps stave off anything I may have already encountered as well without knowing it. If zinc can really make a difference this is a +1 for all the red meat eaters of the world.

#1stworldproblems
Getting a tee time around here is damn near impossible right now. Thousands upon thousands of golfers and only 4 open courses, I've even seen tee times being sold on the secondary market. What a time to be alive.

It's time to #shrinkthegame

Not that I agree we should be golfing in BC right now, as I've already said besides "precautions", but I understand you can add Kings Links to that short list. I learned Kings Links just reopened with no CV precautions listed on it's website (including restaurant closures, so they must be late updating). I heard second hand that Delta officials inspected before the reopen. But I also learned that there are a lot of complaints rolling in from other golf courses and citizens in municipalities about courses staying open in these circumstances that are being passed up the food chain.

BTW I'm 69 years old so missing a year potentially now means a lot more to me more now for the future than it did twenty + years ago when I stopped playing with back problems., so I don't do it lightly.

You know how bored people are? Dr Who to the rescue.

Police are now resorting to Daleks to keep people social distancing. 😆

That might be the stupidest way to multiply I've ever seen. The "before", not the "after". No wonder every single one of my HS students is helpless without a calculator.
You haven’t seen the division version of that approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back