Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan stay at home order has been lifted. Does this mean I have to go back to work everyday? I am getting used to this new lifestyle haha

Groups of 100 are now allowed and bars/restaurants can have 50% capacity indoor seating while servers must wear masks. I wonder if golf courses can sell beer now?

Saw a report today that it’s possible economy bottomed out in May, but will be a long road back to recovery. The economist believed we could be back at unemployment below 4% in December 2021.

I am driving to TN next Monday to visit my very active 90 year old mother. I will be curious to see how busy, or not, the highways are.

I don’t think I’m going to want to share a cart after this COVID-19 situation is over...

One cart to every golfer should be the new normal, even with cart path only in effect, sub 4 hour rounds have become the norm.

I know that this isn’t financially viable.

I am glad I walk, lol.

Saw a report today that it’s possible economy bottomed out in May, but will be a long road back to recovery. The economist believed we could be back at unemployment below 4% in December 2021.
speaking about the Northeast only (that being NY,NJ,maybe CT and or a couple others near enough NYC and its surrounding overly congested areas). Its quite possible 2 to 4 weeks after some significant openings that we end up with numbers rising too fast and they begin to close again. I could picture that happening in such a crowded area but Im really hoping it doesnt turn out that way

We'll know everything by November 3rd, 2020.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I am driving to TN next Monday to visit my very active 90 year old mother. I will be curious to see how busy, or not, the highways are.
If it's anything like I-10 in Louisiana, 70 is merely a suggestion.

Until you get to the 10-12 split... lol

Where in TN... Nashville traffic is lighter than normal, but it’s picking up .

Where in TN... Nashville traffic is lighter than normal, but it’s picking up .

Johnson City, up in the Northeast corner of the state. Pretty simple drive: I-95 to I-78, to I-81, to I-26.

Lol! In MA doing the speed limit is just a suggestion as well. I am not from MA, but have to agree that we have the worst drivers in the country.

Michigan stay at home order has been lifted. Does this mean I have to go back to work everyday? I am getting used to this new lifestyle haha

Groups of 100 are now allowed and bars/restaurants can have 50% capacity indoor seating while servers must wear masks. I wonder if golf courses can sell beer now?
Wait a second: courses were open but not selling beer :eek:

Wait a second: courses were open but not selling beer :eek:
Yeah no alcohol sales have been allowed for who knows why. Its dumb because everyone was just bringing their own, which of course is illegal and some have been fined. Rumor has it one course lost their liquor license because people were drinking in the parking lot.

Not really local impact and little to do with Covid, so a bit off-topic... but I thought it was interesting in the context of pandemics.

I was talking to my brother the other night and he brought up something I'd never heard or thought of before. When my 108 y/o grandmother died in '09, she had it setup to donate her body to Emery University in Atlanta where she had resided. I always figured researchers wanted to study centurions to see what it is that kept them alive so long and free of heart disease, cancer... etc.

Turns out, another of the things they look for in people who were alive during those years is whether they were exposed to the Spanish Flu and if so, why they survived it. I obviously don't know anything about the science of it, but I thought it was interesting.

If there was an option to like this post a million times I would. Thank you!!

Hahaha. Y’all own this place, if you wanna like something a million times, you can.

Jeez, faster rounds with single carts? You would think so, but yesterday didn’t appear to jive with that scenario. My guess is fewer carts meant that: 1- people waiting longer to tee off because they’re waiting for a cart to turn over. 2: because people THINK there are fewer people out, they don’t need to “move things along”, especially when there are a lot more walkers out. Even though they obviously saw the ‘crowd’ waiting around the Pro shop. Usually nobody standing around, 15-20 yesterday (generally keeping SD apart). While some were waiting for carts, the walkers had to wait for the carts as well to keep the pairing sheets in order. I think personally, that the walkers should have been put out as a group on their own and the cart folks get out when they can.

That’s the way it’s been here at our home course. Stacked up in the parking lot waiting for carts. The cart kids are doing their best but there’s only so many to go around.
Then the whining of “I paid for a cart & I’m standing here until it shows up.” While we tee off and either walk right past or slide into my personal cart & drive off. No way I’m standing around waiting when the tee is open & nobody is playing to wait on a cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is still a thing?

That economist is clearly an idiot.

CBO is predicting 10 years to get back to Nominal GDP.

Indirect effect of Covid19 on children

The CDC at least makes sense in the explanation.

The CDC recommended nobody other than medical workers wear masks for the first 5-6 weeks of the Covid 19 and then did a 180 turn. They also warned that the primary means of transmission was through touching of surfaces and then backed off on that recently.

Many epidemiologists differ in their opinions on whether healthy people showing no symptoms of being sick wearing cloth or surgical masks will slow the spread. From those physicians I’ve talked to, they don’t believe it is slowing the spread and may be increasing the spread as many people change their social distancing and/or even go out In public more often with a false sense of security wearing a homemade or non-medical mask. The county we have spent most of our time in these last two months has very few people wearing a masks(maybe 15%) in public places like Target or the grocery store and has only 14 cases(two deaths) with a population of 30,000 and 10 of those are from nursing homes. Population density, weather/temp, and the use of things like public transportation are much bigger factors on Covid 19 infection rates than whether or not people are wearing masks.

I’ll be traveling by air today and tomorrow and will likely wear my N95 mask but only if the airport is busy which I’m guessing it won’t be.

Last edited:
That economist is clearly an idiot.

CBO is predicting 10 years to get back to Nominal GDP.
10 years? That's very extreme. It won't take nearly that long. I am thinking 2021-2022 as well. Seems like people are jumping right back on the horse pretty quickly as things open up. There is no reason to think a decade will pass before things are cranking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back