Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve found the perfect treatment for Covid anxiety. It’s temporary but it works. Take roughly 4 months off from working out and then workout like you did when you were doing it a lot. I can’t feel anything. And I can’t walk. So I can’t go around people or even think. But I can THP.

Can confirm. Leg day was today, and I thought I took it easy. Apparently not. Was walking around the house and I started to stumble a bit like I was a baby giraffe.

Masks now required in PA. Doesn’t make much of a difference around here since just about everywhere was wearing one already. I think this was just to stop the confusion because red, yellow, and green phases are hard to figure out.
View attachment 8951395

This new rule threw our school for a loop. We were about to vote on not forcing students to wear masks at their desks and now we might have to. Imagine a 10 year old or younger wearing a mask for seven hours? Good luck the teacher that has to in force this.

This new rule threw our school for a loop. We were about to vote on not forcing students to wear masks at their desks and now we might have to. Imagine a 10 year old or younger wearing a mask for seven hours? Good luck the teacher that has to in force this.
IMO that's not healthy and I would pull my kid out of that school.

IMO that's not healthy and I would pull my kid out of that school.
We don’t know if this will be forced right now. Have to wait to see from the Department of Education for guidance. But crazy how things keep changing on a dime everyday.

We don’t know if this will be forced right now. Have to wait to see from the Department of Education for guidance. But crazy how things keep changing on a dime everyday.
Even contemplating children wearing masks is absurd. Put the teachers in a bubble and leave the kids alone. Like the Pink Floyd song. Teachers, leave them kids ALONE!

It's kind of tough since there isn't a real baseline, considering how BS the COVID death count has been so far. It's been so loose, I could make a claim that Starbucks is the leading cause of death in this Country in 2020 and still be relatively close with my logic.
A friend's wife is a RN at a local hospital, she was explaining the other day how screwed up the COVID count is. An elderly lady had a teleconference with a doc about her symptoms, and was diagnosed as a COVID case without even being tested or seen in person. When she came in for her appointment, her file was marked "COVID CASE". The doc said she would be tested, and if she tested positive (even for the antibodies), she would be counted as another COVID case. She would be re-tested in 14 days, and if it was another positive - you guessed it, she would be counted as another COVID case.

These numbers are completely screwed. Hospitals are jacking them up because they get more funding, other people are trying to hide/minimize them so they don't look like hotspots and/or don't get blamed for increases. Competing goals, non-uniform reporting - it's all garbage and nobody knows what the real story is.

Myrtle Beach city council is voting tomorrow on mandatory masks indoors and when you can't social distance. What's the odds that they won't make it mandatory until after the July 4th weekend?

As someone with 6 and 8 year old girls who just did three days at Universal Studios in the sweltering Florida summer heat, design and material of masks have a huge impact on willingness to wear it. The ones woth thin electric straps are not conducive to long term wearing. But the ones that have a rolled stretchy material and can either tie or similar behind the ear or head are much more likely to stay on throughout the day.

And if it’s bring your own mask, good luck getting everyone to bring a washed one every day.

A friend's wife is a RN at a local hospital, she was explaining the other day how screwed up the COVID count is. An elderly lady had a teleconference with a doc about her symptoms, and was diagnosed as a COVID case without even being tested or seen in person. When she came in for her appointment, her file was marked "COVID CASE". The doc said she would be tested, and if she tested positive (even for the antibodies), she would be counted as another COVID case. She would be re-tested in 14 days, and if it was another positive - you guessed it, she would be counted as another COVID case.

These numbers are completely screwed. Hospitals are jacking them up because they get more funding, other people are trying to hide/minimize them so they don't look like hotspots and/or don't get blamed for increases. Competing goals, non-uniform reporting - it's all garbage and nobody knows what the real story is.
[/QUOTE
It's called reimbursement. A lot of hospitals are privately owned. Enough said.

As someone with 6 and 8 year old girls who just did three days at Universal Studios in the sweltering Florida summer heat, design and material of masks have a huge impact on willingness to wear it. The ones woth thin electric straps are not conducive to long term wearing. But the ones that have a rolled stretchy material and can either tie or similar behind the ear or head are much more likely to stay on throughout the day.

And if it’s bring your own mask, good luck getting everyone to bring a washed one every day.
I got a mask from True Linkswear as part of my preorder bonus package with my OG Feels. The mask is stuffed in a door pocket in my truck just in case I ever need it for someplace I absolutely can't avoid going in which insists on masks. Generally I just avoid such places and go somewhere else that doesn't require one, but you never know.

Face shields seem the better answer

Interesting study on droplets from coughing and how far they travel and what masks can or can’t do.

Video included is a nice visual representation - worth a watch whether you read the article or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's crazy to think about, but I believe it.

We talk all the time in golf about cheaters or shady people (in small collectives) ruining it for others - here's another great example. Take full advantage of a system designed to support a PANFREAKINGDEMIC, and let your soul burn some other time.

Eeeeeeesh.

Didn't Newsome shut down restaurants and bars again?

He shut down bars and restaurants for indoor dining in certain counties, we are not one of those counties.

I said this exactly tonight and our facilities administrator said the CDC just announced that face shields are no longer recommended due to the possibility of spreading Covid thru the bottom of shield.

I just shook my head. How do you prepare when the information changes everyday?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsch...mmend-wearing-face-shields-to-combat-covid-19
A face shield is somewhat in the same family as bandannas being that they're open on the bottom, so my bet is the bandanna folks are spreading and/or becoming infected at a higher rate, especially after watching the above video.

This is very true, yet if you look at the states that were completely overrun with positive increase a month ago, their death rates today are actually down.
it's crazy to think about, but I believe it.

We talk all the time in golf about cheaters or shady people (in small collectives) ruining it for others - here's another great example. Take full advantage of a system designed to support a PANFREAKINGDEMIC, and let your soul burn some other time.

Eeeeeeesh.

I thought you were talking about churches for a minute.

Thats hysterical as the enormous state of FL they choose three people in one area.

I guess going to the other areas wouldn’t really fit hahaha.

They literally went to two counties that are right next to each other. Woooooooow.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Pubs, bars, restaurants all open this weekend in England, so it will be interesting to see how that goes
We have one city here in the country that won't be opening back up as they have been put on lockdown still due to a rise in cases

We have had an email saying our clubhouse will be opening under the guidance they have been given and just asked all members to respect them whilst everyone gets used to the new way of working

The school plans are coming out now in Iowa. I actually took a survey yesterday for our school district. One positive is that we are moving to a 1-1 district with chrome books. At this time our district is planning on in person teaching with online if parents don’t feel safe sending their kids to school. I plan on sending my kids back as I feel they need the social interaction as much as they do the in person teaching. I am lucky enough to work from home but my responsibilities don’t work well with taking the day off to make sure the kids have joined all their classes, plus I don’t understand common core math. I will also have to make sure my son puts a shirt on as he thinks that should be optional for at home learning . I’m sure more will come out but for now I like our plan better then the Des Moines School District.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Areas with heavy protests actually may have seen less Covid-19 spread than other areas because the protesters caused non-protestors to stay in their home. Interesting data here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/01/research-determines-protests-did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/amp/?utm_campaign=forbes&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=Valerie/&__twitter_impression=true

Respectfully suggest the following hot take, from the article, is garbage.

The study’s conclusions are supported by Covid-19 testing data in many of the cities that were home to prevalent protesting. For instance, the Minneapolis Department of Health reported that more than 15,000 people were tested at centers set up in communities affected by the protests, and 1.7% of tests came back positive—below the statewide average of about 3.6%. According to the Washington Post, protest attendees in Minneapolis returned positivity rates of less than 1% and that “officials believe the low infection rates reflect that the protests were outside, that most people wore masks and that people spent most of their time in motion, circulating through the crowd.”

It's another example of the media creating a narrative. The referenced data doesn't connect people who attended "protests" with positive cases. By the way, if you forgot your mask and exchanged spittle with people nearby while shouting slogans, then don't worry because health officials don't ask if you attended a protest/rally/riot/mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back