Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da hell you doin Bama???
Jesus, this takes ******* stupid to entirely new levels.
Yea,... I mean cheeeeeze man, is that real? Cant hat really be?

Folks,...I know we all have different opinions about the virus some being more afraid than others but i do think majority of folks (even those on the lessor side of caution) get that there is still some form of careful that we all need to be. But our youth is really just so selfish in thier complete lack of respect for it.. Even if that story isnt true there are so many of our youth out there having absolutely zero respect for the virus at all. Ity s amazing to me how they just dont care that they're actions may end up killing one thier own parents or whomever. Being summer so many these youth in their party rental shore homes gathering like nothing is going on. Its incredible how irresponsible so many of them are being.

Yea,... I mean cheeeeeze man, is that real? Cant hat really be?

Folks,...I know we all have different opinions about the virus some being more afraid than others but i do think majority of folks (even those on the lessor side of caution) get that there is still some form of careful that we all need to be. But our youth is really just so selfish in thier complete lack of respect for it.. Even if that story isnt true there are so many of our youth out there having absolutely zero respect for the virus at all. Ity s amazing to me how they just dont care that they're actions may end up killing one thier own parents or whomever. Being summer so many these youth in their party rental shore homes gathering like nothing is going on. Its incredible how irresponsible so many of them are being.
You're right, but also keep in mind that an extremely low % of folks are affected and as such they may have been around anyone that was infected and/or worse, died from COVID. Besides, they don't pay any attention to the news. How many times have we seen videos where a journalist goes on a college campus and asked simple questions like "who is the Vice President?" and they have no clue. Plus they live off of social media and have a herd mentality. Plus of course they're immortal and don't think about possibly infecting their parents or especially grand parents.

I heard on Fox Business Lou Dobbs that almost have the states have been counting new infections by including those that already had COVID and got over it. Even the CDC is trying to get those state to stop that practice on their websites. He didn't name the states buy I can only imagine.

Miami-Dade County is re-implementing certain restrictions. Tensions are definitely getting higher. I have spoken to a bunch of clients about concerns with employees and mandatory testing this week. This is surreal.

Mass Hysteria begins ... Cats and Dogs ... living together

There's a lot of stuff that confuses me. First you have people complaining that N95 masks protect the wearer but they don't protect other people. That's nuts. They do a better job than the other types.... but remember what researchers wear when handling viruses... it's not a bandana, surgical mask, or N95.

You have to wear a mask to go into a restaurant to sit down and order food. Yet you must remove it to stay there and consume your meal. If you have it off for 20 - 30 minutes, what good did it do wearing it into the place do? It's been shown that indoor AC keeps virus aerosols airborne longer. Get take out or eat outdoors. And I'm not going to sit in a movie theater wearing a mask for 3 hours - hello Netflix or XBox Rentals.

The other thing that gets me is that people are required to wear a mask when you go into a place, but the people working there have masks under their chins. Really, guys? I know they're hot and uncomfortable. I had to wear a respirator for 45 minutes at a time when handling hazardous chemicals. I feel for these people. I guess the AC bills will go up this summer... or they should... for the workers.

So now I just carry a mask in my purse and in my golf bag to slip on in case I have to go inside somewhere. No need to wear it outdoors where you're more than 10' apart. Science: incidental passing of someone outdoors has a minuscule chance of passing on the virus so people don't have to freak out. It's prolonged exposure indoors where the problem is.

I heard on Fox Business Lou Dobbs that almost have the states have been counting new infections by including those that already had COVID and got over it. Even the CDC is trying to get those state to stop that practice on their websites. He didn't name the states buy I can only imagine.

Lou Dobbs said it? Must be true, then. :ROFLMAO:

I did notice one guy at the grocery that didn't have a mask and was wearing a Callaway shirt.
Just a coincidence? 😷😋

If 2020 were a meme...

5C1E2DA1-8873-4690-92B9-8F5DC4236860.jpeg

Can you explain this? How does a person who recovered count as a new infection? I don’t understand that one at all

But how was the DOMS today?

Da hell you doin Bama???
there's a goofy conspiracy theory out there that Satban himself is organizing parties so the football team can all catch the rona and get a competitive advantage for football season :ROFLMAO:

Can you explain this? How does a person who recovered count as a new infection? I don’t understand that one at all
Conspiracy theories going around. They seem to be prominent on a certain news network. Generally they start with 1 county or city doing something wrong and then infer from that that everyone is doing it wrong so we can't trust anyone. That is how propoganda and brainwashing work. Point to an anecdotal incident, extrapolate it to everyone, conclude that everyone is wrong.

Last edited:
Do you think they are still going to allow fans for The Memorial in 2 weeks?

If they keep going the way they are, probably not.

Quick follow up to a question posed a few days ago. On Tuesday, a reputable journal published a study on the effectiveness of different types of face coverings, including bandanas.

Researchers at Florida Atlantic University, in a study published in the journal Physics of Fluids found that bandanas reduced the average distance that coughs traveled from 8 feet to 3.6 feet. A folded handkerchief took that distance down to 1.25 feet. Commercial cone masks reduced the distance to 8 inches, and a two-layer, stitched mask to 2.5 inches.

Quick follow up to a question posed a few days ago. On Tuesday, a reputable journal published a study on the effectiveness of different types of face coverings, including bandanas.

Researchers at Florida Atlantic University, in a study published in the journal Physics of Fluids found that bandanas reduced the average distance that coughs traveled from 8 feet to 3.6 feet. A folded handkerchief took that distance down to 1.25 feet. Commercial cone masks reduced the distance to 8 inches, and a two-layer, stitched mask to 2.5 inches.

What about these?

party-hat-mask.jpg

Dunno how effective, but I bet she can hide snacks in there and just kinda sneak one every once in a while. That’s the kind of mask I can get behind.
That's the perfect goldfish cracker feeder.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back