Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, let's keep this one to the Covid local impact. Thanks.

Don't want to start a war, just being real. I'll be interested to see if we get improvement by the end of the month (don't know what will happen over the 4th), now that all leadership, national and local, have endorsed face coverings and distancing, and most are wearing masks. The example helps. Let's hope distancing and masks work.

We had about 30k cases per day in early April, and now we are at 55k per day, with more testing, give or take a couple of thousand depending on how one counts. Let's see if it can get down without closing any more, and go back to reopening. Maybe we'll even be able to travel between States and to Europe, where we are not welcome because we can't contain ourselves. It's our fault. We own it. Now let's get over ourselves and practice the minimum. United, let's see what we can do.

Even if you don't believe cases are a big deal, it is a big deal psychologically, and it affects the economy and it affects business decisions. The media also has an influence - they hype the cases and people go buy tp and make a run on groceries and hide. If we get cases down and stop with the pics of eternal pool parties, then the media will start saying how well we are doing, and people will hopefully maintain the course but not hide and not let the virus affect all business decisions and purchasing.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 8.44.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Don't want to start a war, just being real. I'll be interested to see if we get improvement by the end of the month (don't know what will happen over the 4th), now that all leadership, national and local, has endorsed face coverings and distancing, and most are wearing masks. The example helps. Let's hope distancing and masks work.

We had about 30k cases per day in early April, and now we are at 55k per day, with more testing, give or take a couple of thousand depending on how one counts. Let's see if it can get down without closing any more, and go back to reopening. Maybe we'll even be able to travel between States and to Europe, where we are not welcome because we can't contain ourselves. It's our fault. We own it. Now let's get over ourselves and practice the minimum.

View attachment 8951664

That includes allowing non-essential travel again between US and Canada. We have generally spent most of our travel $ in the US and our economy also benefits big-time from US tourist dollars. But I don't know anyone here that wants the border opened anytime soon....just the opposite.

That includes allowing non-essential travel again between US and Canada. We have generally spent most of our travel $ in the US and our economy also benefits big-time from US tourist dollars. But I don't know anyone here that wants the border opened anytime soon....just the opposite.
Well, we all pay for our sins and there is the revenge factor. We closed our borders to others, and now we are getting the "treatment" as they open.

Can you explain this? How does a person who recovered count as a new infection? I don’t understand that one at all
There must be a news story about this because he spent 3 or so minutes on the topic. From what he said if someone is tested and shows they already had the virus they count that as a new case.

You literally can't make this up.
My gawd its comical at this point how bad the media is and how much they have gone to great lengths to divide.

My gawd its comical at this point how bad the media is and how much they have gone to great lengths to divide.

"Surprising" LOL

There must be a news story about this because he spent 3 or so minutes on the topic. From what he said if someone is tested and shows they already had the virus they count that as a new case.
So are they getting it a second time????

If not, that’s a damaging way to collect data or worse, seems like fraud at some level.

If people are getting it again after recovering that a more important story than an increase in the total number of cases.

Sorry, I must be missing something here.

I feel a bit like a Richard for posting this, but it just seems like we as a nation are failing this challenge - and the media and social media have to take at least some of the responsibility, imo.

0B4BCA46-F2FB-488C-BC0A-E0995B1859C6.jpeg
Life comes at you fast... This is the before , you posted the after. CNN is a joke.

Last edited:

It's so bad, and dangerous.

I would be really curious to see a study on worsening mental illness and the amount of news you watch. I would guess there's been a correlation for awhile that has exploded in the past 5 months.

It's another study with a new variable - the steroid, which we did not hear about until recently.

Most of us, I believe, would reach for any drug that might help.

An excerpt:

'Researchers not involved in the Henry Ford study pointed out it wasn't of the same quality of the studies showing hydroxychloroquine did not help patients, and said other treatments, such as the use of the steroid dexamethasone, might have accounted for the better survival of some patients."

It's another study with a new variable - the steroid, which we did not hear about until recently.

An excerpt:

'Researchers not involved in the Henry Ford study pointed out it wasn't of the same quality of the studies showing hydroxychloroquine did not help patients, and said other treatments, such as the use of the steroid dexamethasone, might have accounted for the better survival of some patients."
No one has ever said that Hydroxychloroquine wasn’t to be taken in conjunction with other drugs (especially Zinc)...

An excerpt:

Im shocked that others that said it was meaningless will use the idea that “something else involved MIGHT” have accounted for it.
Only controversial treatment and thankfully many doctors ignored the noise. Every single person speaking of this has said and spoken about it being taken with other things.

This same news outlet (and far too many people) have made this drug political from day 1, which is complete nonsense.

Im shocked that others that said it was meaningless will use the idea that “something else involved MIGHT” have accounted for it.
Only controversial treatment and thankfully many doctors ignored the noise. Every single person speaking of this has said and spoken about it being taken with other things.

This same news outlet (and far too many people) have made this drug political from day 1, which is complete nonsense.

I agree.

Maybe peeps are jealous or want to put down other testing - I'm sure there is an agenda.

I'm always for safely testing and trying new combos. I guess they were saying it was the steroid, not the hydroxy. BUT wasn't the steriod used with some other drug, too? Hydroxy and the steroid might be more workable.

No one has ever said that Hydroxychloroquine wasn’t to be taken in conjunction with other drugs (especially Zinc)...

I agree with you ... keep on experimenting safely.

"Surprising" LOL

That’s the word that makes me shake my head. What exactly is surprising? That’s more of a rhetorical question on my part.
Calling CNN a joke is not harsh enough.

Conspiracy theories going around. They seem to be prominent on a certain news network. Generally they start with 1 county or city doing something wrong and then infer from that that everyone is doing it wrong so we can't trust anyone. That is how propoganda and brainwashing work. Point to an anecdotal incident, extrapolate it to everyone, conclude that everyone is wrong.
This is on all news networks right now. For instance, one network (decidedly liberal CBS) has had ONE single nurse from ONE hospital throughout the pandemic essentially the only voice as to how "dire" everything is. No one else avail? I doubt it. Pick yer propaganda at this point. Which is what most are doing.

Quick follow up to a question posed a few days ago. On Tuesday, a reputable journal published a study on the effectiveness of different types of face coverings, including bandanas.

Researchers at Florida Atlantic University, in a study published in the journal Physics of Fluids found that bandanas reduced the average distance that coughs traveled from 8 feet to 3.6 feet. A folded handkerchief took that distance down to 1.25 feet. Commercial cone masks reduced the distance to 8 inches, and a two-layer, stitched mask to 2.5 inches.
I knew my folded dishcloth was bad ass! :cool:

Seriously though: NIH (Anthony Faccui and friends) control the purse strings at about every research wing of Uni's the world over. You aren't getting anything "independent" out of any single University. They're all glorified "Yes men" institutions. Its sounds very official, but follow the money in all of this with a very skeptical eye.

The U of MN is suspending all needs for admission tests such as ACT/SAT for the fall. Consider your sources. The Uni's wanna stay in business no matter what. :ROFLMAO:

Course I played today was nearly covid-restriction free. Only one rake per bunker (makes no sense), but water bottles back in coolers, no pool noodles, but still no ball washers. I was playing better before the restrictions were lifted, not sure there’s any correlation.

I'll bet it hurt them...physically hurt them....to run that article.

Course I played today was nearly covid-restriction free. Only one rake per bunker (makes no sense), but water bottles back in coolers, no pool noodles, but still no ball washers. I was playing better before the restrictions were lifted, not sure there’s any correlation.

Got to concentrate that virus on one rake only.

This is on all news networks right now. For instance, one network (decidedly liberal CBS) has had ONE single nurse from ONE hospital throughout the pandemic essentially the only voice as to how "dire" everything is. No one else avail? I doubt it. Pick yer propaganda at this point. Which is what most are doing.
So this one nurse on CBS News is the only voice saying things are serious?

We still have no bunker rakes, no sand bottles, no ball washers, no coolers on the carts, and the flagsticks must remain in. No noodles/inverted cups though, and no masks required, so I'm not complaining.

We still have no bunker rakes, no sand bottles, no ball washers, no coolers on the carts, and the flagsticks must remain in. No noodles/inverted cups though, and no masks required, so I'm not complaining.
This! I can’t do masks in 90 degrees and I do like having normal cups, but as long as the pool noodles are cut low enough I haven’t had any issues.

Got to concentrate that virus on one rake only.
People must have been worried because nobody was raking the traps 😒 not sure what the excuse was for ignoring the cart signs 🤷‍♂️

So this one nurse on CBS News is the only voice saying things are serious?
Not the national news, but when the CBS affiliate here has done an update on cases and such, almost without fail, she is the nurse they interview.
She is the "official" nurse that corresponds with the families afterward to check up on them as well. How convenient. She's been on screen enough to take notice, believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back