Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make any laws you want. If the people aren’t willing to obey them, or take them seriously, that’s on them.

No way China would make a virus to spread around the world. No way! It's crazy to even think that....

After Six Months of Exhaustive Investigative Work – Scientific Community Unable to Identify Natural Source of China Coronavirus

OMG. That site is like some of my drives...right of right.

I had the asthma as a kid, still haven’t figured if that puts me anywhere on the ok to screwed spectrum.

I’d be happier with a solid treatment plan for those who have symptoms requiring medical attention. Vaccines have their place for sure but I hope these are in the eradication rather than hope to prevent category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat. Had it bad as a kid and kind of grew out of it. The problem is that technically you don’t grow out of it, you just have more mature system that can better handle the symptoms. I haven’t seen anything definitive either but would rather go with an over abundance of caution.

I had the asthma as a kid, still haven’t figured if that puts me anywhere on the ok to screwed spectrum.

I’d be happier with a solid treatment plan for those who have symptoms requiring medical attention. Vaccines have their place for sure but I hope these are in the eradication rather than hope to prevent category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO, eradication stage has long passed. Unfortunately, I think we will have to to deal with different strains every year like the flu and hopefully have the vaccine prior to the second wave. I am hoping the vaccine gets developed before the second wave, but I am not holding my breath.

We're far enough along scientifically as humankind that they know the DNA of this thing. It's manmade fo shizzle.
How it morphs "in the wild" is the part they can't control now. Chasing your tail with vaccines could be a tall and ultimately futile endeavor. Meanwhile, many people get very rich and they don't mind it bit. Scary freaking times we're in.

The number of infections in Texas has now reached nearly 192,000 as hospitalizations there surge. Hospitals in at least two Texas counties, Starr and Hidalgo, are at full capacity and local officials are urging residents there to shelter-in-place and avoid gatherings. ...

Though deaths from the virus in Florida have remained on a downward trajectory, Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams has warned that fatalities lag new cases and a clearer picture might not emerge for two weeks or more.

Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber chastised residents for "not listening" and refusing to adhere to social distancing protocols and mask mandates that have been in effect for weeks

I’m sure Miami Beach is very concerned about getting things back to “normal” since almost all of its economy is based on tourism and night life/restaurants. He certainly could have closed restaurants, or limited hotel capacity, but he elected not to. That said, Miami Beach accounts for about 3% of Miami-Dade county’s population.

This is all Chicago style politics at its finest. Don't miss an opportunity during a crisis.

Surgeon General: "Adams attended medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine as an Eli Lilly and Company Scholar"

Miami mayor? DFL of course. Florida cases will surge in the nick of time for GOP convention of course.

We gettin' the picture here in the middle of this bug floating around... follow the money and political trail. Both parties.

We're far enough along scientifically as humankind that they know the DNA of this thing. It's manmade fo shizzle.
How it morphs "in the wild" is the part they can't control now. Chasing your tail with vaccines could be a tall and ultimately futile endeavor. Meanwhile, many people get very rich and they don't mind it bit. Scary freaking times we're in.
It's not man made whether it came out of the lab or the wet market it's still a bat virus. Don't spread idle speculation. It's misleading and there is already enough misinformation out there.

Please keep politics out of this thread. Thank you.

This is all Chicago style politics at its finest. Don't miss an opportunity during a crisis.

Surgeon General: "Adams attended medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine as an Eli Lilly and Company Scholar"

Miami mayor? DFL of course. Florida cases will surge in the nick of time for GOP convention of course.

We gettin' the picture here in the middle of this bug floating around... follow the money and political trail. Both parties.
Dan Gelber is not the mayor of Miami. He is the mayor of Miami Beach. Carlos Gimenez is the mayor of Miami Dade County, and Francis Suarez is the mayor of the city of Miami.

Please keep politics out of this thread. Thank you.
Oops. Sorry. It's hard with this topic, really. I was kinda hoping that could be part of the discussion. I think every reaction has had political component to consider. Local ordinances. Local business policies based on Gov info, which all things governement are political.
This is the fight of our lives right now in a LOT of ways. You can't go to sleep when $7 trillion just flew out the treasury.

Oops. Sorry. It's hard with this topic, really. I was kinda hoping that could be part of the discussion. I think every reaction has had political component to consider. Local ordinances. Local business policies based on Gov info, which all things governement are political.
This is the fight of our lives right now in a LOT of ways. You can't go to sleep when $7 trillion just flew out the treasury.

There are plenty of places to discuss politics currently, but THP will not be one of them.

Dan Gelber is not the mayor of Miami. He is the mayor of Miami Beach. Carlos Gimenez is the mayor of Miami Dade County, and Francis Suarez is the mayor of the city of Miami.
Right on. Thanks. I see the other two guys are GOP and things will move forward with the convention from their perspective I bet. It's all really political. It really is.
Had this same convo about the politicalization with the local PGA pro, so it has to be true, right? :cool:

We are going to ask one more time to keep politics out please. Or we will be forced to shutdown the thread again.

There are plenty of places to discuss politics currently, but THP will not be one of them.
Again, apologies. I've read too many covid policy signs everywhere I go. I'm scrambled.. I've probably missed the rules for the off topic area. Sorry.
Will pick up clubs at clubfitter Monday and play real golf. (y)

It's not man made whether it came out of the lab or the wet market it's still a bat virus. Don't spread idle speculation. It's misleading and there is already enough misinformation out there.
One could conclude your response is misleading. The origin of the virus is uniquely important because there's a huge difference between a natural evolution and one that was lab created.

One could conclude your response is misleading. The origin of the virus is uniquely important because there's a huge difference between a natural evolution and one that was lab created.
And also: Who let the bat shite out of the cage, so to speak? Where it comes from, definitely, is of huge importance.
If wild animals in a cage cause things like this, Barnum and Bailey would have been the Typhoid Brothers Circus years ago already? Surely?

And also: Who let the bat shite out of the cage, so to speak? Where it comes from, definitely, is of huge importance.
If wild animals in a cage cause things like this, Barnum and Bailey would have been the Typhoid Brothers Circus years ago already? Surely?
Well I can't disagree with that! So you contend this is lab produced. I get your point about the virus IS the virus, but if man-made then what exactly was the plan? I don't want to get too deep but if lab created and purposely disseminated we have a giant problem. I personally think this is why nobody wants to get to the bottom of the origin. It could mean repercussions far beyond the virus.

There is no evidence whatsoever that this virus is lab created or that the lab in question is creating viruses. They are studying viruses from the bat caves to see which are dangerous for humans and may have released one theh found. Unless you know something I don't or have a link to a credible source than saying it is created is misleading because there is no evidence thats the case.

I think you can understand the difference between bringing live bats to market and taking 10-15 animals around in a circus and why one is exponentially more dangerous for humans than the other. Circus animals have never been in the wild and they are never around their own kind. Their potential to carry a virus from other wild animals and infect a human is practically zero. Bringing 20-30 different live bats that were trapped in a cave that contains millions of other live bats is a different story than the circus altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back