Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an interview from a nurse who worked in a hospital in Imperial County (southeastern corner of the state, right along the Arizona and Mexico borders) - she said that California had been flying in COVID patients from Mexico on Life Flight helicopters. She claimed that a large number of patients had been flown in from Mexico to hospitals in Imperial, San Diego and Riverside counties. When asked if they were Americans being brought back into the country, she said she didn't know their citizenship, but that every one of them were Spanish speakers only and of Hispanic ethnicity.
I was trying to find the news article about this because that story was discussed on KFI640 in L.A. Yes, they are flying illegals into CA. They have to keep the numbers elevated. It's so disgusting I can't comment because I'll be banned.

I was trying to find the news article about this because that story was discussed on KFI640 in L.A. Yes, they are flying illegals into CA. They have to keep the numbers elevated. It's so disgusting I can't comment because I'll be banned.
Here's the video I saw - correction, she is a nurse in Riverside county, working in a COVID unit in one of the hospitals there (Edit: I skipped through parts of it, but to the best of my knowledge it is devoid of political content):

Last edited:
Here's the video I saw - correction, she is a nurse in Riverside county, working in a COVID unit in one of the hospitals there:

It's so disgusting. Holy cow, this is actually what's going on to pump the numbers.

Here's the video I saw - correction, she is a nurse in Riverside county, working in a COVID unit in one of the hospitals there (Edit: I skipped through parts of it, but to the best of my knowledge it is devoid of political content):

This is a great video. It's going far and wide.

This is a great video. It's going far and wide.
Good. I think people deserve to know what's really going on. It's certainly not something that will ever be investigated/reported by the MSM.

I thought Donald was building a wall to stop this?

:confused2:

We have asked repeatedly to keep politics out of this thread.
Please keep it out of the forum moving forward.

Things look to be slowly getting back to normal over here

My furlough is ending in 2 weeks, so I will be back in the office 5 days a week

my office starts going back today although not at 100% capacity. We have split it up in to Team A and Team B, and days will be alternating with the opposite team working from home. I started to get used to the working from home thing, and there were plenty of days where I do more from home than I did in the office haha. For me, I'm still out of the office until early August, but I do have to go in today to bring in a laptop.

Local impact -- I've had more friends around Dallas text me, saying this situation is stupid with people acting crazy. Some younger people, athletes, want to get infected now, in hopes of being immune during their season.

Blame? There is a time to lay down the blame. But blame is not certain. The media? Ignore the hype, stick with reality. I'd like to stick with resolving the issue for now. I'd like the economy to stay open and for peeps to use common sense, even if masks are a placebo, they may provide some use against spreadking. I don't like a mask, but now it's an unfortunate second nature. Saw an older guy wearing a face shield in Whole Foods last night.

It's now been over 3 months since leaders have taken this somewhat seriously, and we still have long lines for testing and we are short on PPE. Seriously? Our shutdowns were wasted except for some states who are just beginning to open. Texas is panicking and masking, bars are revolting against the Texas Governor.

Can't we get it together to get PPE and adequate testing? And it seems that testing lines only recently went for miles. Three weeks ago, I had my son tested in the burbs, and no line. Now, with cases out the whazzoo, everyone wants to get tested - they're panicking in Dallas, Houston, etc.

I mean, this is the USA - where is the PPE, where are the tests? It's ridiculous. Other Countries are laughing at us and won't let us in -- that's harsh. And the less PPE and Testing we have, the more the peeps around Dallas panic. Oh, well, let's turn on TGC.
It's easy when things are good to look good. When things get tough though it takes real character and grit to lead. The results of our leadership with this pandemic speak for themselves. Even a great country can flounder under an ineffectual leader. An ineffectual leader who also lacks integrity and character can really cause big problems.

It's easy when things are good to look good. When things get tough though it takes real character and grit to lead. The results of our leadership with this pandemic speak for themselves. Even a great country can flounder under an ineffectual leader. An ineffectual leader who also lacks integrity and character can really cause big problems.
And at what point does self responsibility come in to play. I don't need anyone to "lead" me.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Covid procedures for Labor and Delivery at our hospital: patient gets a covid swab upon admission for delivery. If positive, support person can stay with patient but can't come and go from hospital. If positive, support person unable to go back into OR for cesarean.
Wife's swab came back negative. Getting ready to go!

The parent company of Men’s Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank elected not to pay its senior notes on time. They are having a very slow bounce back from covid. 30 days to determine if they want to pay or enter bankruptcy.

The parent company of Men’s Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank elected not to pay its senior notes on time. They are having a very slow bounce back from covid. 30 days to determine if they want to pay or enter bankruptcy.

Not surprising with lack of offices and meetings. Company has been up and down for a while, but late last year things looked like an uptick was coming as the economy was possibly better than it has ever been.

my office starts going back today although not at 100% capacity. We have split it up in to Team A and Team B, and days will be alternating with the opposite team working from home. I started to get used to the working from home thing, and there were plenty of days where I do more from home than I did in the office haha. For me, I'm still out of the office until early August, but I do have to go in today to bring in a laptop.

Obviously, you are on the A Team.

Our company planned to start returning after Labor Day, but the Monday update from our CEO says that is no longer the case. No new timeline. We are thinking about the future and not returning to the past, in other words what will office life look like in a year, not how do we force everyone back into their old routines. That's good leadership in a well run company. I am glad I work for them.

Our company planned to start returning after Labor Day, but the Monday update from our CEO says that is no longer the case. No new timeline. We are thinking about the future and not returning to the past, in other words what will office life look like in a year, not how do we force everyone back into their old routines. That's good leadership in a well run company. I am glad I work for them.
I sold some investments in a REIT that I had. I think Commercial Real estate has been changed for the foreseeable future because of this pandemic.

I sold some investments in a REIT that I had. I think Commercial Real estate has been changed for the foreseeable future because of this pandemic.
That's for certain. I doubt my company will have any leased space in Louisville once their current leases run out. We own plenty of space for everyone that will want to return to the office when this is all over. They have already cut their leased space by 60% in Louisville over the last 5 years and they didn't build or buy anything. I think industrial REIT might be a good place for real estate investing. I foresee a lot of new warehousing and manufacturing popping up over the next decade as the US isolates itself and begins to onshore more production. I also think the dollar is going to weaken over the next several years as well so we may be a net exporter in a decade or 2 instead of a net importer like we have been for the last several decades.

same here! :)

Good call it’s a bloodbath right now and the real pain hasn’t been seen yet. 90%+ of office users have continued to pay rent, 85%+ of industrial users continue to pay and retail is falling off a new cliff each month.

The real story is the amount of sublease space coming on the market - millions of square feet nationally. The landlord’s are still seeing cash flow because the lease obligation continues but as those leases burn off the true vacancy rates will be felt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back