Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is talk about gov't controlled liquor stores being closed down. In my province the gov't controls probably 90% of the liquor stores....

Yes. How many people have Covid-19 and show no signs of the virus? I think many do. We were not prepared for a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
This is going to read wrong however it's not meant to be "Harsh", it's meant to continue the conversation, we're a pretty smart group here:
Can you really ever be 100% prepare for Pandemic?
I mean, 1 year it could Intestinal disorder and the next year a respiratory disorder.

Most of the cases of this Pandemic in the US started from people traveling abroad and bringing it back unknowingly and most from a country that is restrictive of the information that flows from it.
Will this change the way we travel in the future? Will the world get "Larger" because we don't travel like we use to?

Wow. To all you Norcalers, they closed all the Golf Marts in the Bay Area until April 7th. Cisco, Walnut Creek, San Rafael and Dublin.

Shut down the offices but the warehouse is still working work wise and as warehouse manager i am trying to stagger shifts to allow for max distancing and min interactions.

in home front we have the daughter, who has an underlying heart condition, on lockdown.

washing my hands and using hand sanitizer after touching all surfaces.

stay safe everyone

Most golf courses still open here in San Antonio. Played Tuesday everyone just elbow bumping at end of round.

Shut down the offices but the warehouse is still working work wise and as warehouse manager i am trying to stagger shifts to allow for max distancing and min interactions.

in home front we have the daughter, who has an underlying heart condition, on lockdown.

washing my hands and using hand sanitizer after touching all surfaces.

stay safe everyone
Good vibes to you dude and keep that girl safe!

This is going to read wrong however it's not meant to be "Harsh", it's meant to continue the conversation, we're a pretty smart group here:
I mean, 1 year it could Intestinal disorder and the next year a respiratory disorder.

Most of the cases of this Pandemic in the US started from people traveling abroad and bringing it back unknowingly and most from a country that is restrictive of the information that flows from it.
Will this change the way we travel in the future? Will the world get "Larger" because we don't travel like we use to?

I think you will see infrastructure changes - or should. Examples:

Parts of the Interstate Highway system were designed to be capable of landing fighter jets.

The ABC studios built for the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics was designed so it could become a firehouse after the event.

So what could that look like?

Buildings like dormitories, convention centers, and the like should be designed for easier conversion to medical facilities.

I think you will see stockpiles, not just of medical supplies, but APIs and strategic raw materials.

Finally, I pray every day that one outcome of this event will be the development and implementation of a robust, intelligent national manufacturing strategy. Certain items are so vital to our national interest that they just have to be made here.

local news reported that our private club was closing but the course still playable and open "to the public" instead of open to members. 😬 🤦‍♂️

that should be fun. ha

No. We won't be 100% prepared for a pandemic. But we can do better. Especially when it starts in another country (Nov.-Dec) and we don't respond for several months (March).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The elbow bumping is to weird for me, I was uncomfortable. lol
You think thats weird have you seen the foot bump? Dumbest thing I've ever seen

The elbow bumping is to weird for me, I was uncomfortable. lol

Agreed. Let’s just tip our hats like gents from yesteryear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My company's first positive test nationally was in our local office.

Last edited:
The price of a barrel of Canadian oilsands crude oil fell to its lowest level ever on Wednesday, at less than $10 US a barrel.

Western Canadian Select (WCS) was changing hands at $9.19 per barrel, down $3.04 from Tuesday's level. The U.S. benchmark known as West Texas Intermediate (WTI) also fell to below $25 a barrel, a level it has not hit since 2003.

Oil is being walloped by too much supply of oil in a time of reduced demand for it because of the coronavirus pandemic, which is why the market for oilsands crude has fallen off a cliff.

After more than a year of an uneasy collaboration to limit supply and try to keep prices up, Saudi Arabia and Russia started a price war earlier this month, flooding the market with their cheap oil that kicked off a race to the bottom in terms of oil prices.

Canadian oilsands oil always trades at a discount to lighter blends, such as Brent and WTI, because it is more difficult to transport and process. So the oversupply has walloped the price of WCS even more than other types of oil.

Alberta: oof

My city (McKinney a suburb of Dallas) just did only take out or delivery on restaurants. Let’s just hope it doesn’t last too long for the sake of the business owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of those "woke" pieces of **** in that news conference just now are a disgrace to humanity. More concerned with hurting feelings than saving lives or saving the economy.

Wow. To all you Norcalers, they closed all the Golf Marts in the Bay Area until April 7th. Cisco, Walnut Creek, San Rafael and Dublin.
EVERYTHING is closed that is deemed non essential!!!!

Well, trickle down effects landed squarely at home today as my wife is officially unemployed. She is Fitness Director at a local gym setup as a non-profit, and with the facility closure they had to lay off everyone until the facility reopens.

Good news is NH opened an online portal for unemployment registration. Bad news it is a poor substitute for people being at work.

First COVID-19 death reported in Quebec, elderly person north of Montreal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back