Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky closing all non-essential businesses Monday...excluding liquor stores .
Non essential retail businesses right? A little different than some of the other orders out there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hold the phone, your grocery store has tin foil!?!?!? Can you ship me some?
I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand, AOC of NY says to minimize our carbon footprint because climate change will kill us in 12 years. This was a "fact" in February so my current tinfoil hat in about 3 years old. However, we're now told warm temperatures could kill the virus. This means a new tinfoil hat everyday is appropriate. I'm so confused. What would you do?

Non essential retail businesses right? A little different than some of the other orders out there

Yes, that's right. One of our church members works at Office Depot. He told me they sold every single computer monitor they had nationwide. That's crazy isn't it?

can we get another thread with just actual facts of closures or federal / state orders? Wading through this thread and the BS arguing and Richard measuring is getting old when you have to read pages of back and forth with actual Information sprinkled in sparingly.

Yes, that's right. One of our church members works at Office Depot. He told me they sold every single computer monitor they had nationwide. That's crazy isn't it?
I believe it. I had a few models I had been looking at for the last two weeks and for the life of me they are out of stock everywhere. Depending on how the office schedule pans out I may just take them from there.

can we get another thread with just actual facts of closures or federal / state orders? Wading through this thread and the BS arguing and Richard measuring is getting old when you have to read pages of back and forth with actual Information sprinkled in sparingly.
Why not just start it?

https://www.usa.gov/coronavirus

Here is a list of actions starting at the National Level, there is link to search individual state orders.

I believe it. I had a few models I had been looking at for the last two weeks and for the life of me they are out of stock everywhere. Depending on how the office schedule pans out I may just take them from there.

I ended up grabbing both of mine and my docking station when I left the office last Monday. Glad I did. So much better working off of 2 big screens instead of a laptop.

I just bought one from Amazon just in case. I’m told that the government has stepped first in line for monitors and computers.

I ended up grabbing both of mine and my docking station when I left the office last Monday. Glad I did. So much better working off of 2 big screens instead of a laptop.
Yup depending on the % of people we will keep in the office as a skeleton crew I may give them all free reign to raid the place for whatever they don't have at home

Here is a interesting thought: My wife and I both had the flu in January/February. How do we know it wasn't the Covid?
Probably just another bad flu.
My wife and daughter were really sick back in Nov of last year. Kept getting tested, with the response being it’s just a virus. High fever for over 4-5 days then both ended up with pneumonia...

...so we’ve discussed that it could have been Covid-19. We weren’t testing nor could have diagnosed it the. Because it wasn’t being looked for. I asked multiple times which virus & was told just a virus.

Let the games beging.

Our company has been identified as essential in almost every state but certain roles are not necessarily.

My team has been identified as essential but I've been working to drastically reduce the number of people coming into the office and trying to get more setup for remote work and only a skeleton crew at the office.

Should know the verdict tomorrow.

But yet they are keeping restaurants open? Close them down & let people start cooking.

My wife and daughter were really sick back in Nov of last year. Kept getting tested, with the response being it’s just a virus. High fever for over 4-5 days then both ended up with pneumonia...

...so we’ve discussed that it could have been Covid-19. We weren’t testing nor could have diagnosed it the. Because it wasn’t being looked for. I asked multiple times which virus & was told just a virus.

Apparently there will be a test coming out very soon that will be able to test for antibodies that were created from having the virus. So hopefully you will be able to find out.

I'm retired so it's not interrupting work, but our club is closed so I only leave the house to walk the dog.
My wife considers herself a lower risk and does the supermarket trip.

My dog is getting 3 walks a day. He is in the Best shape in his 5 months of life.

We haven’t been grocery shopping for about 9 days. We have an order in tomorrow for curbside pickup at the local Acme, so we’ll see how that goes.

We haven’t been grocery shopping for about 9 days. We have an order in tomorrow for curbside pickup at the local Acme, so we’ll see how that goes.
Our supermarket chain is opening from 5:30 AM to 7AM three days a week for seniors only...to minimize our exposure, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back