Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
But did you wipe down the fan that he touched that could be blowing all his bacteria onto your food? :censored:

(I do this only because I care, and because I almost killed you and Josh burping in a backseat)
OMG, are you trying to make her twitch? Because right now I have visions of JB and Morgan throwing away all the food in the fridge, swabbing it down with disinfectant then heading to the store for a major shopping spree.

We just had to have the fan in our fridge replaced. I kept my distance while he was working and then Clorox'ed the crap out of the fridge, the counter, the floor where he put his work bag down, everything. It smells like a Clorox bottle threw up in my house.
Pro tip: Fill a water balloon with hand sanitizer and just wallop the repair person walks up your driveway towards the door. Much less work and just as effective.

Did you guys hear that?
That was the sound of @MWard crying because he just got a bill for our new fridge.

My brother is recovering from what was likely COVID-19. He had severe fever, stomach pains, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, and headaches. He is healthy and fit and in his early 30's. Said it was the most sick he has ever been. Without confirmation of contact with someone who had tested positive he was told he could not get tested and should only come to the doctor if he feels he needs to be hospitalized. He is recovering and through the worst of it but it is a terrifying time. His window for testing is closing and won't be able to be tested again until an antibody test is released meaning he will have no way of knowing if he had COVID-19 or just the flu and no way of knowing if he is immune. My thanks goes out to any healthcare workers right now as it sounds like hospitals are being overwhelmed and I can only imagine how difficult their jobs and lives are going to be through the length of this crisis. They are definitely all heroes for facing this on the front lines.

OMG, are you trying to make her twitch? Because right now I have visions of JB and Morgan throwing away all the food in the fridge, swabbing it down with disinfectant then heading to the store for a major shopping spree.
They closed down the fridge in our breakroom at work this week. Luke warm sandwiches for me from now on.

Looks like the county I live in may be getting a shelter in place order.

Whatever gives you pleasure man, very adult response. I am sure he would rather not shake your hand either....

It was very adult and somewhat tongue in cheek (LIghten up, Francis) since he does not practice distancing and was shaking hands - setting a poor example for the nation. Yesterday's presser was a waste. They are becoming his campaign rallies instead of steadying an uncertain nation.

It was very adult and somewhat tongue in cheek (LIghten up, Francis) since he does not practice distancing and was shaking hands - setting a poor example for the nation. Yesterday's presser was a waste. They are becoming his campaign rallies instead of steadying an uncertain nation.

Seriously, enough of your anti Trump agenda. NO MORE POLITICS in this thread.

Thank you.

I looked it up. In Oregon there are existing statutes which give the governor certain powers when an emergency or public health emergency are declared. The statutes also name the penalty for failure to com0ly with a validly declared emergency order. I imagine every other state has similar provisions.

I would assume state laws do not matter in regard to SCOTUS and the constitution otherwise we would still have segregation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am all for people staying at home BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay all... I've been writing legal letters to the various counties in Texas on lockdown, which state based on yada yada yada, this employee works for us and we are conducting essential business ... and this is what we do yada, yada, and how it conforms to an exemption from lockdown... yada, yada. Yes, it is a pain.
Our CEO/President just sent out a blanket letter today, being in the construction business we are deemed essential, for those that are already not working from home.

We just had to have the fan in our fridge replaced. I kept my distance while he was working and then Clorox'ed the crap out of the fridge, the counter, the floor where he put his work bag down, everything. It smells like a Clorox bottle threw up in my house.
Take a spray bottle & use approx. 2 cap fulls to a quart of water. It still does the job put doesn't leave that massive bleach smell.

Denver goes into shelter at home mode at 5 today. Dispensaries and liquor stores remain open as essential businesses...

Okay all... I've been writing legal letters to the various counties in Texas on lockdown, which state based on yada yada yada, this employee works for us and we are conducting essential business ... and this is what we do yada, yada, and how it conforms to an exemption from lockdown... yada, yada. Yes, it is a pain.

Dealing with that as well. And we can all see down the road how 'fake exemption letters' will be all over the place within 10 days.

Drove by it today....saw that the range looked closed.
Yes, range has been closed, putting green and short game area as well as the course itself are open. Carts are being wiped down with an antiseptic when returned to the cart barn, check-in has been moved outside the pro shop. Pro shop door is being left open so no one has to grab the handle to open, food and beverages are for carry out only. Interior cleaning nightly.

Getting more and more difficult to keep my 6 yr old away from neighbor kids. She just wants to play and obviously doesn't understand why I keep saying no.

:(

Getting more and more difficult to keep my 6 yr old away from neighbor kids. She just wants to play and obviously doesn't understand why I keep saying no.

My son turns 13 next week and was supposed to have friends over this weekend to celebrate. I had to remind him that it couldn't happen and I could see the disappointment in his eyes. He's pretty mature and understands. So he got his Apex 5 iron last night to match the 6-PW he's been playing for the past 6 months or so. We will just stretch it out and give him one gift a day through Saturday to try and make the best out of it. Everything else is small except for a pair of expensive shoes he wanted.

Dealing with that as well. And we can all see down the road how 'fake exemption letters' will be all over the place within 10 days.
Who is authorizing and writing exemptions in your areas? We received ours from the DoD and I believe the NIH as we are working on critical projects for them.

I heard duct tape works.

Going to Costco looks like Soviet Era bread/TP lines.
c8ffbc915524b7645dd77d38487f056c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard duct tape works.

One of those big wire dog kennels with a hamster bottle full of water for them to drink is a godsend.

I joke of course. That's never crossed my mind 😳.

We had a plumber come in this morning to replace our garbage disposal which gave up the ghost. He wore gloves the entire time, touched only what was necessary, and we all kept our distances. No coughing, sneezing or other aerosol emissions. I wrote him a check, set it on the counter and he picked it up and carried it out with his still-gloved hands. Clean enough for me.

I heard duct tape works.
It may not stick to her face, given all the tears. : (

Just feel bad for her, but certainly not giving in.

One of those big wire dog kennels with a hamster bottle full of water for them to drink is a godsend.

I joke of course. That's never crossed my mind 😳.
It's not on you if they get in them by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back