Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting more and more difficult to keep my 6 yr old away from neighbor kids. She just wants to play and obviously doesn't understand why I keep saying no.

:(

Yes, it has to be difficult with parents of small children especially. My nephew and his wife work from home and do so in "shifts" as they have a 2.5 year old and a 4.5 year old.

My wife is a hoarder. Our cart at Costco last night.
View attachment 8933494
Goes along with the Saturday purchases:
3 Bougainvillea, 2 flowering cherry trees, dwarf Fuji, 4 Rhododendrons, 2 Camellias and assorted ground cover. Plus various veggies for the garden.

She's working from home plus adding to the honey do list nonstop. :banghead:

ETA: Posted in an effort to add some humor to an otherwise bad situation.

At first glance I thought they were marijuana plants. :)

Yes, it has to be difficult with parents of small children especially. My nephew and his wife work from home and do so in "shifts" as they have a 2.5 year old and a 4.5 year old.
Yes! Although I’m a bit lucky that my wife’s job is far less strenuous, so she can play with my daughter throughout the day and keep her entertained. I take a few little play breaks if I can.

I am supposedly at a high risk age...turning 65 soon...but will be leaving for TN on Saturday to check on my mother. She is 90 next Monday, and while she still drives, walks her 3-4 miles a day, and does yard work, I am still concerned.

My wife is a hoarder. Our cart at Costco last night.
View attachment 8933494
Goes along with the Saturday purchases:
3 Bougainvillea, 2 flowering cherry trees, dwarf Fuji, 4 Rhododendrons, 2 Camellias and assorted ground cover. Plus various veggies for the garden.

She's working from home plus adding to the honey do list nonstop. :banghead:

ETA: Posted in an effort to add some humor to an otherwise bad situation.
haha, meanwhile your shed full of putters is ducking and covering :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: Deleted above the quote a tongue in cheek undeleted draft from earlier I didn't intend to post.
I've heard Air Canada could be well above that. They let go 5100 last week and that was basically just cabin crew. Heard there could be thousands again later this week or early next week.

Westjet 7000 wasn't all layoffs according to the article I read with some more detail beyond the headline. As I understand it teach picked from four options . WJ employees have shares, so they probably have more vested interest than a lot of places? They were offered choices of layoff, early retirement, reduced hours, reduced pay.

Employment Insurance (what we call "Unemployment Insurance " in Canada now for the non-Canucks reading) claims, Iin the past week claims were near a million (as opposed to a normal 30,000 as another has posted). Presumably that doesn't count the self-employed /gig workers who aren't covered under the current law, though some may have applied hoping for the best if proposed changes go through. Using Statistics /Canada figures there were roughly 23.75 million Canadadians in 2019 aged18 to 64 inclusive. So the roughly one million EI apps are just over FOUR PERCENT of that whole 18-64 population IN ONE WEEK. Not counting those not eligible or not wanting to work ( sellf-employed, students, retired, disabled etc.) .

Our Parliament is also stalled on some bail-out and flexible emergency provisions which I hope will be resolved in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
So.....if everyone gets allowed to go back to work by Easter that Trump said today he would like to see, anyone here who would feel safe to send their kids to the White House Eater egg hunt if it was held and they goit an invite?

As also stated it was optimistic and a feel good date for those that celebrate. As the doctor said, it’s a moving target, that changes daily, but instead of people choosing that, they **** on it.

Anybody that wouldn’t like to see people return to work and things getting better that quickly are sick individuals.

Edit to a tongue in cheek draft from easrelier I didn't iytend to post.

Westjet 7000 wasn't all layoffs according to the article I read with some more detail beyond the headline. As I understand it teach picked from four options . WJ employees have shares, so they probably have more vested interest than a lot of places? They were offered choices of layoff, early retirement, reduced hours, reduced pay.

Employment Insurance (what we call "Unemployment Insurance " in Canada now for the non-Canucks reading) claims, Iin the past week claims were near a million (as opposed to a normal 30,000 as another has posted). Presumably that doesn't count the self-employed /gig workers who aren't covered under the current law, though some may have applied hoping for the best if proposed changes go through. Using Statistics /Canada figures there were roughly 23.75 million Canadadians in 2019 aged18 to 64 inclusive. So the roughly one million EI apps are just over FOUR PERCENT of that whole 18-64 poulation IN ONE WEEK. Not counting those not eligible or not wanting to work ( sellf-employed, students, retired, disabled etc.) .

Our Parliament is also stalled on some bail-out and flexible emergency provisions which I hope will be resolved in the next couple of days.
They're promising the $900 bi weekly for those who don't qualify for EI beginning mid April. So they better get their butts moving.

FB_IMG_1584661213735.jpg

I'm just here to say this whole thing sucks, and I need golf league to start.

Winter is bad enough. Co workers getting COVID19 from patients makes it worse.

Stay safe guys. This isn't a Steven King novel, but it sure isn't the flu.

As also stated it was optimistic and a feel good date for those that celebrate. As the doctor said, it’s a moving target, that changes daily, but instead of people choosing that, they **** on it.

Anybody that wouldn’t like to see people return to work and things getting better that quickly are sick individuals.

I’d be happy for Easter or even sooner. Easter is still 3 weeks away, this past 2 weeks have seemed like an eternity. I’m really hoping it could be Easter or even sooner. Each day has so many new twists, guess we’ll see.

Sorry, I just deleted that impulsive Easter egg draft in a later more objective post. I didn't mean to post it and didn't realize it was still sitting as a hanging draft.

I would love for things to get better that quickly health-wise and economically. I probably drafted it when the doctors hadn't spoken yet. Let the science decide.

Easter would be great. I wonder how this will change some of the social niceties going forward, for example, shaking hands, which we all took for granted?

The City of New Orleans removed the hoops from city-owned basketball goals.

"I don't know how you can guard a man with social distancing," she said.

She's not wrong, there.

My wife’s employer (hospital) let employees take home boxes of gloves because they were expired. Honestly, that kinda surprised me. In an environment where PPE is supposedly like gold something imperfect is better than nothing.

My wife’s employer (hospital) let employees take home boxes of gloves because they were expired. Honestly, that kinda surprised me. In an environment where PPE is supposedly like gold something imperfect is better than nothing.

I'm guessing something is better than nothing applies to protecting the employees at home. Probably will work just fine. But one person dies in a hospital with expired PPE, for whatever reason, and a 60 Minutes camera crew is fighting a team of ambulance-chasing lawyers to break down the CEO's door.

Last edited:
Man, I’m so thankful for THP. Having some kind of community to discuss golf or anything during this weird time has been amazing. We really have it good here. I’m grateful for that.

haha, meanwhile your shed full of putters is ducking and covering :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:censored:
Not that I have any idea what you are talking about 😉

My wife was prescribed the Hydroxychloroquine + Zpack combo as a precaution today.

She has taken Hydroxychloroquine before for her Lupus, with very little side effects (for her). Had no issues getting it, had to be called into Walgreens (Kroger didn’t have any in stock).

I’m hopeful this treatment works for those infected...

Teva to Donate Potential COVID-19 Treatment, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets to Hospitals Nationwide
MARCH 20, 2020
Teva will donate 6 Million tablets through wholesalers to hospitals by March 31, and more than 10 Million within a month

TEL AVIV, Israel & PARSIPPANY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA) announced today the immediate donation of more than 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets through wholesalers to hospitals across the U.S. to meet the urgent demand for the medicine as an investigational target to treat COVID-19. The company is also looking at additional ways to address the global need.

“We are committed to helping to supply as many tablets as possible as demand for this treatment accelerates at no cost,” said Brendan O’Grady, Teva Executive Vice President, North America Commercial. “Immediately upon learning of the potential benefit of hyroxychloroquine, Teva began to assess supply and to urgently acquire additional ingredients to make more product while arranging for all of what we had to be distributed immediately.”

Additional production of hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets is also being assessed and subsequently ramped up with materials that are being sent to Teva from our ingredient supplier. Teva will ship 6 Million tablets through wholesalers to hospitals by March 31, and more than 10 Million within a month.

Hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets manufactured by Teva are approved by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of malaria, lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. Although the product is not currently approved for use in the treatment of COVID-19, it is currently under investigation for efficacy against the coronavirus and has been requested by US government officials to be made available for use immediately. The Company is also reviewing supply of both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine globally to determine whether there are additional supply and access opportunities for patients.

Teva is also actively looking across its expansive range of products to determine if the company can help to provide any other products that may be relevant in addressing acute and substantial need during the COVID-19 crisis.

I found this very interesting ⬆️...

Best of luck Commifornia...we’ve seen this playbook before. Praying for my brothers and sisters and big govt daddy begins the full anarchic lockdown. Escape from NY movie going to be made in LA by summer imo. Mark this post. The power grabs are going to get worse and worse.

Best of luck Commifornia...we’ve seen this playbook before. Praying for my brothers and sisters and big govt daddy begins the full anarchic lockdown. Escape from NY movie going to be made in LA by summer imo. Mark this post. The power grabs are going to get worse and worse.

Anybody remember what LA looked like in '92? I do, I was there. Stand by to stand by...

Are you for real? Take the tin foil hat off and either stop the meds/drugs you’re on or change them because that would be the only reason you typed that. Conditions in our state are severe. Careless spew like this is exactly why numbers are increasing of people testing positive for this virus

We have asked repeatedly regardless of side of aisle to stop with the politics. There are social media platforms filled with this nonsense but this golf forum is not really the place.

It is interesting how this topic can bring out some sensitive areas and there are all types of people out there that believe all sorts of things with what seems to be very little reasoning.

It is kind of like all the "mental" stuff one can put in their head about the golf swing that really does no good at all, but then maybe we go through phases and need to re-focus at times. I know I often need refocusing. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back