Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I miss golf, I'm glad under push from Golf Canada and BC Golf Association virtually every course around here that hadn't already closed has finally done so for now.

I don't get folks are still playing golf, or wondering from late posts if it's ok to play golf even in "esasential services" only locations. And that courses, especially in places under "lockdown" are even still open. No matter how careful YOU might be as an individual, others (maybe infected and not showing symptoms) are perhaps not being careful and will still be touching flagsticks, cups, not practicing social distancing (like checking in at the pro shop) etc. To me it's kinda like a guy not having a drink in a bar, so he's safe to drive home. But instead, he drives around the bar parking lot for an hour or two. Keep doing that and odds are some drunk will pull out in that parking lot and smoke you.

As an example, here's a post from another site from a guy in California, after the Executive Order by the Governor "to stay at home and avoid all nonessential social contact":
"i played (xxxx )yesterday, felt great to be able to get out and i 100% believe playing a round of golf even on a busy course is more than ok. HOWEVER it seemed like half measures were taken and defeated the whole purpose:

-people queued up around the pro shop to check in/head out

-putting green and driving range open where everyone was touching everything

-people queued up and eating around the snack bar"

Last edited:
It's become clear who's in favor of these "sshelter in place" orders and who arent.
I noticed the same. I on the other hand I was only missing the Hazmat suit. I ran out to today for some milk and a few other things and you would've thought I was going to a Nuclear facility. It scares me to death going anywhere because of my Wife and her health issues. I'm terrified of bringing it back and her getting it.

The sooner you get it, the better. Get it now, early, while the ICU beds are still availabl if you get it three months from now, they might all be taken..:sick:

That's my take anyways

I still can’t figure out why NYers and the Tristate area are. Allowed to load into planes and come to FL.

I don't understand how anyone could vote for a bill if they don't know what's in it. I remember when Pelosi encouraged her colleagues to vote for Obamacare saying they could read what's in it after they pass the bill.:rolleyes:

Maybe, I don't get it, but, aren't we suppose to keep politics out of this thread?

Maybe, I don't get it, but, aren't we suppose to keep politics out of this thread?

His post was from 11:27am (EST) this morning. I posted after his post to please keep politics out of it, and he has since then. Everyone, except one person who is now banned has kept politics out of it again, and we greatly appreciate the cooperation.

I still can’t figure out why NYers and the Tristate area are. Allowed to load into planes and come to FL.
A least without pre-testing....I heard today they are now subject to a 14 day quarantine, but I guess that probably is just self-administered?
Don't get me started on the Canadian student who (somehow) very recently got on a plane from Spain to Toronto and was feeling unwell. She said nobody asked her questions first, and she didn't say anything. Now she's tested positive and authorities are trying to chase down potential contacts by her.

I am so out of the loop! I have been to Target and to a restaurant and that’s it in a week and a half. I would love to golf but don't know if any are open.
]

No word from my club MN Valley. I think we won’t know for sure until another week or two.

Denton County Texas has a stay in place order starting at 11:59pm tonight. It allows for essential travel to the grocery store, get gas, go to pharmacy, etc. You can also travel to another county to work, if that county permits it. Essential businesses are to stay open. Practice social distancing and no group gathering of more than 10 people.

His post was from 11:27am (EST) this morning. I posted after his post to please keep politics out of it, and he has since then. Everyone, except one person who is now banned has kept politics out of it again, and we greatly appreciate the cooperation.

I was just catching up, and, didn't see your latest "keep politics out" post. I think it would be healthier for all involved to give themselves a timeout from this thread periodically. Stay safe everyone, and, remember, we are all in this together!

One of my technicians wife was showing some symptoms and has to self quarantine for 14 days and he has to watch the kids. I saw him yesterday, but he was on a roof of a facility and I dropped the materials he needed at his truck. I am being hyper vigilant with gloves, distancing, etc..but I am still extremely nervous. I can’t imagine the stress that the health care community is dealing with now.

Well I had to go into the office today, been working from home since Monday last week, and there were a few things I needed to bring home for the home office. I haven't been out of my rural neighborhood at all for about a week, and if traffic today is any indication, the greater Sacramento area is taking this pretty serious, as there were very few cars on the roads. My commute is over 50 miles each way, some rural roads, some freeway, and some cross-town through the suburbs, and I don't know how long its been since I've seen the roads this empty, way less than even weekends and holidays. Actually almost eerie, driving mid-morning with less cars on the road than I would normally see at 3:00 AM.

Because you have the best deep fried Mayonnaise down there.

Went for a bike ride today and couldn’t believe all the cars on the road. So much for shelter in place. Dumb people going to make this even worse than it already is

Thank god I don’t have tapatalk or else the preview photo might have been bad with that last photo

Went for a bike ride today and couldn’t believe all the cars on the road. So much for shelter in place. Dumb people going to make this even worse than it already is
Just watched a report on young folks having Covid parties and licking stuff in KY.
These people should be arrested and severely penalized.

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
Just watched a report on young folks having Covid parties and licking stuff in KY.
I looked it up...one them certainly (so far) has been "severely penalized"- she's positive.

I am surprised at how few cars are on the road in my neck of the woods. I wonder what traffic will be like when I leave for TN on Saturday morning?

One of the two local courses is the only course that will be open in ME, NH and MA Friday. Of course the tee sheet is already full when I tried to book.

Their stupidity should be penalty enough if there was justice in the world.

This proves we were a filthy society before all this. maybe personal hygiene will change once we come out of this.

I now keep Wet Ones in the car, along with hand sanitizer and use it after every "interaction" then wash my hands when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back