Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those in here that are Albatross Club Members, thank you. That donation coming up this year is going to be extra special. They are special every year, and we love those certificates received that we post, but this year is going to be really incredible and its all in the name of this great community.

Every day seems like a dog year ... rough.

Every day seems like a dog year ... rough.
If the last two days are any indication, the next few months are going to be very busy for me and many in the legal profession. But will we be paid?

I still can’t figure out why NYers and the Tristate area are. Allowed to load into planes and come to FL.

In the best of times, trying to stop New Yorkers from fleeing New York is like trying to boil the ocean.

The local hospitals say that current confirmed and suspected cases are outpacing the models they had. The window they thought they had to prepare is closing much quicker than expected.

I still can’t figure out why NYers and the Tristate area are. Allowed to load into planes and come to FL.

It's like when northern Italy was first put on lockdown and everyone was rushing to the trains.

One of the first projects I worked on was related to the bird flu pandemic in the mid-late 2000s. The biggest thing ANYONE who was working on curtailing spread mentioned was that air travel is one of the biggest things that was different from previous outbreaks. You can take the disease across the country in a matter of hours. Why there are still flights, at least from from cities with large numbers of infections, is baffling.

So, shelter in place in MN for two weeks. I work in ND and my employer has determined that since we sell and support PC's and servers to some hospitals and police departments that we fall within the essential business. So, I'll be expected to be at work Monday morning and ready to go.

Not everyone needs to go to college. The problem is there seems to be some kind of stigma if a person doesn't. People in the trades can make a very nice living doing something they enjoy, and sure there is an apprenticeship involved, but college isn't necessary.

I've worked with a lot of people in the trades, they are some of the most creative problem solvers I've ever dealt with.

If the last two days are any indication, the next few months are going to be very busy for me and many in the legal profession. But will we be paid?

definitely worried about the balance sheet whether AP/AR will be paid on time going forward.

Too busy. Paid? I will be doing a lot of pro bono in the end, I think.

One of the two local courses is the only course that will be open in ME, NH and MA Friday. Of course the tee sheet is already full when I tried to book.
Hey Callahan, what part of Maine? I'm up near Bangor.

Much as I miss golf, I'm glad under push from Golf Canada and BC Golf Association virtually every course around here that hadn't already closed has finally done so for now.

I don't get folks are still playing golf, or wondering from late posts if it's ok to play golf even in "esasential services" only locations. And that courses, especially in places under "lockdown" are even still open. No matter how careful YOU might be as an individual, others (maybe infected and not showing symptoms) are perhaps not being careful and will still be touching flagsticks, cups, not practicing social distancing (like checking in at the pro shop) etc. To me it's kinda like a guy not having a drink in a bar, so he's safe to drive home. But instead, he drives around the bar parking lot for an hour or two. Keep doing that and odds are some drunk will pull out in that parking lot and smoke you.

As an example, here's a post from another site from a guy in California, after the Executive Order by the Governor "to stay at home and avoid all nonessential social contact":
"i played (xxxx )yesterday, felt great to be able to get out and i 100% believe playing a round of golf even on a busy course is more than ok. HOWEVER it seemed like half measures were taken and defeated the whole purpose:

-people queued up around the pro shop to check in/head out

-putting green and driving range open where everyone was touching everything

-people queued up and eating around the snack bar"

I’ve golfed a couple times last week, and it seemed pretty socially distant to me. The pro shop and entire club is closed. Just call ahead for a tee time and waive to them through the window on your way to the first tee. No credit or cash transactions happening. Cups up so the ball wont go in the hole. Flagsticks not allowed to be removed. No rakes in bunkers, etc, etc. Tee times space out to 10 or more minutes apart. Single carts allowed, disinfected after every round (I haven’t taken a cart. Just walked). In fact, both times I played I was by myself and didn’t even see hardly anyone else out.

I think golf courses can stay open as long as they can do it properly.

Why Louisiana will be the next epicenter;

There's no "will be" to it. Orleans and Jefferson Parishes already have some of the highest infection rates in the world.

And now some of them are escaping to the MS coastal counties (and probably mine).

Went for a bike ride today and couldn’t believe all the cars on the road. So much for shelter in place. Dumb people going to make this even worse than it already is
my neighborhood was absolutely packed tonight. Took Cal out for a walk and it was pretty tough to keep 6ft away from everyone. Crazy.

That in mind, it's also Ohio and this is the first legitimate t-shirt viable day on the schedule for 2020.

my neighborhood was absolutely packed tonight. Took Cal out for a walk and it was pretty tough to keep 6ft away from everyone. Crazy.

That in mind, it's also Ohio and this is the first legitimate t-shirt viable day on the schedule for 2020.

Too many people treating it as you described it.

How much social awareness can people lack?
They b*tch about having to go to work, and want to work from home. Then they b*tch about being stuck at home and not able to go to work. Then when told to stay at home due stop an absolute economic meltdown, nah, I want to hang with my friends.

I’ve golfed a couple times last week, and it seemed pretty socially distant to me. The pro shop and entire club is closed. Just call ahead for a tee time and waive to them through the window on your way to the first tee. No credit or cash transactions happening. Cups up so the ball wont go in the hole. Flagsticks not allowed to be removed. No rakes in bunkers, etc, etc. Tee times space out to 10 or more minutes apart. Single carts allowed, disinfected after every round (I haven’t taken a cart. Just walked). In fact, both times I played I was by myself and didn’t even see hardly anyone else out.

I think golf courses can stay open as long as they can do it properly.

That sounds like heaven. Golf and no one around? :love::love::love::love::love:

Hate to see @GolferGal get a nasty PM. Appreciate what she does for the forum and no one deserves that.

Glad it’s handled.

Colorado's Governor pulled the trigger on a statewide stay at home order after several counties did their own earlier.

Parks are open but golf courses are closed. :confused2:
The parks WILL be packed on a warm spring day but the place where we have to practice social distancing is closed.

BC:

42 new confirmations, 659 total, 64 in hospital (26 in ICU), 14 deaths (1 new, 11 were Lynn Valley Care Centre, all were 70+)

183 now "fully recovered"

so far no confirmed cases in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside

evictions banned province-wide along with rent freezes, up to $500/mo being made available to renters out of work

Hey Callahan, what part of Maine? I'm up near Bangor.
I’m in Sanford. The oaks in somersworth, nh will be open Friday and is booked until 4pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back