Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Projections for the US.

This gives some idea as to why Virginia's governor did what he did yesterday. I can't believe Virginia has fewer ICU beds available than both Mississippi and Alabama.

I was looking at the differences between Kentucky and Tennessee. Two very different responses to the issue and two VERY different projections.

Local golf courses continue to be closed. Dues increase was nixed by the club.

this is feeling very real all of a sudden
The thoughts that go through your head are not very pleasant, that's for sure.

Someone at the senior living/retirement center my wife's 97 yr old grandmother lives in has tested positive. Things you don't want to imagine are suddenly a grim possibility.

Two more people fined $700 for walking their dogs in a closed park.

I feel like this comes as no real surprise

It seems as though China always has something up their sleeves and sometimes some very scrupulous practices. Of course not all in China are that way, but certainly many are.

Makes so much sense that US was outpacing and surpassing the total number of cases in China.

Great stories on the local news showing other industries making medical supplies. This includes school kids with 3D printers making parts for masks.

Working in aviation, like a lot of other industries, we are getting hammered. Working at a self sufficient regional airport, things are tough. We’ve just laid off 3 people. I’ve always been more worried bout the economic impact rather than catching the virus (which I still take very seriously), these really are **** times. Very difficult to stay positive (the English aren’t the most positive people at the best of times LOL).

Maybe someone can asnwer simple question for me.

I know this isn't a possibility because we aren't able to do this (we don't have enough masks), but shouldn't everyone in public in be wearing facemasks?

If they don't protect you from the virus, but they help cut down on asymptomatic "carriers" spreading the virus, in theory if everyone in society was forced to wear face masks in public, would it help (let's just focus on America for now) defeat this sooner rather than later?

As I suspected^

It appears the people in charge are now saying we can/should wear masks in public - though they're still not stern about it.

I knew it was counter-intuitive to say "don't wear masks in public" both for possible "carriers" or as a means to defend against the virus. How stupid do the people in charge think people are...

I've been saying this since it started. They started this thing and they wanted to hide it as much as they could.

statewide stay-at-home just issued for florida, through end of april

statewide stay-at-home just issued for florida, through end of april
Welcome to basically the rest of the Country, FL. Wonder if they were trying to hold off until a majority of spring breakers were gone. Although that was probably the worst possible decision spread wise, kept the economy open for a little bit?

I've been saying this since it started. They started this thing and they wanted to hide it as much as they could.

And had they warned us even a week earlier deaths could have been reduced by some 60-70% I heard. Evil.

So DeSantis finally pulled his head out !

And had they warned us even a week earlier deaths could have been reduced by some 60-70% I heard. Evil.
and the US really did nothing for a while even after knowing about it...soo....I mean look at states still just getting on board. especially FL, which housed one of the biggest hot spots in the country with Miami, and they didn't even shelter in place until now.

It seems as though China always has something up their sleeves and sometimes some very scrupulous practices. Of course not all in China are that way, but certainly many are.

The government certainly has something up their sleeve. I don't understand those who defend a repressive regime that kept info about the virus from the rest of the world for two months.

and the US really did nothing for a while even after knowing about it...soo....I mean look at states still just getting on board. especially FL, which housed one of the biggest hot spots in the country with Miami, and they didn't even shelter in place until now.

Miami Dade issued it 6 days ago for them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1585764550997.png

Might have been posted, but my friends in AZ sent me this information.

One of my wife's co-workers apparently has COVID-19. She was interviewed by NPR. We also both have a colleague who is in the hospital with pneumonia symptoms. I expect COVID-19. That makes a likely 3 people we know who have gotten the virus. I think we will all eventually know someone who gets it.

Miami Dade issued it 6 days ago for them. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I mean that's a plus I guess, but that was already after they had been a national hotspot for over a week. And with the rest of the state not doing it, it doesn't really help much.

As I suspected^

It appears the people in charge are now saying we can/should wear masks in public - though they're still not stern about it.

I knew it was counter-intuitive to say "don't wear masks in public" both for possible "carriers" or as a means to defend against the virus. How stupid do the people in charge think people are...
The problem is if you don't already own any masks trying to buy some with decent delivery is next to impossible! Everything is noted as being out of stock or delivery late May or into June.

I think the lack of preparedness goes back a lot longer than those currently in power. Like...20-30 years longer.

The problem is if you don't already own any masks trying to buy some with decent delivery is next to impossible! Everything is noted as being out of stock or delivery late May or into June.

They should not lie to the public. Be honest. If medical community needs first dibs, then be truthful about it.

And if we could have been cutting down on the spread as potential "carriers" by using bandannas and the like, they should have been forthright about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back