Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that loves the hypocrisy of "you can't open restaurants you're gonna get my family killed, but I will continue to order Grubhub because if the restaurant workers or delivery drivers get it it doesn't effect me".

It’s pretty simple, if you don’t want to, or are afraid to, go to the restaurant then don’t go. But if you want the restaurant to be around for a while, let other people go if they so choose.

Numbers will likely shoot up... not because of gradual opening up, but from Coroners now attributing death to Covid-19 with no previous symptoms or testing. So if you get hit by a bus, gored by a bull, or fall in a wood chipper, you can be a Covid victim!

Oh you can bet that the numbers are going to skyrocket the way that states are opening up. They are saying they are opening safely, but no chance. Look at the photos....

It’s pretty simple, if you don’t want to, or are afraid to, go to the restaurant then don’t go. But if you want the restaurant to be around for a while, let other people go if they so choose.

So basically its an argument to open the economy then.

The course opened the clubhouse and grill room yesterday and put patio seating out. Both indoors and outdoors had tables set up respecting the social distancing guidelines. They have also installed plexiglass protecting the servers behind the bar where food and drink orders are taken and delivered. By opening up the clubhouse they also opened up the rest rooms so now at least people can wash their hands between nines or after the round. I am not sure what changes have been made in the pro shop itself (we've already paid for the year and just grab a cart and go when its our time) other than those who have to pay can now go inside to do so. The door between the pro shop and grill room is being kept closed and locked.

So basically its an argument to open the economy then.

That’s kind of how I see it. Someone wants their take out (against opening the economy) but fails to realize take out alone is not going to keep that restaurant in business. Don’t go after the people who are comfortable going inside for dining, instead be grateful they are comfortable doing it so that restaurant can stay open and continue to deliver your food to you.

That’s kind of how I see it. Someone wants their take out (against opening the economy) but fails to realize take out alone is not going to keep that restaurant in business. Don’t go after the people who are comfortable going inside for dining, instead be grateful they are comfortable doing it so that restaurant can stay open and continue to deliver your food to you.

That type of attitude is going to get people killed Morgan.

/s

If the mask thing is going to be a new normal, my new normal is going to become a shut-in. I really HATE wearing a mask. Maybe I am making someone else feel better, but I feel less safe wearing one. I swear I touch my face messing with the damn thing and am more likely to get sick.

Gone are the days of mashing refresh to see where my package is. Now it’s to check if TP is in stock.

My course went a bit overboard!

Attachments

• IMG_20200430_111334048.jpg
    IMG_20200430_111334048.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 20
How is that not premeditated 1st degree attempted murder?

Crime of passion?

"I went crazy, Judge, when I could not eat my quarter-pounder at a yellow table in my MacDonalds. I was angry as hell and couldn't take it anymore!"

Judge: And so you shot at employees? Who was going to make your burger?

"Hadn't thought that one through - see, I was crazy!"

Judge: I sentence you to death by Burger King.

"Oh, the inhumanity!"

Gone are the days of mashing refresh to see where my package is. Now it’s to check if TP is in stock.

TP inventory is going back up around these parts. But apparently there is a meat shortage now. 🥴

If the mask thing is going to be a new normal, my new normal is going to become a shut-in. I really HATE wearing a mask. Maybe I am making someone else feel better, but I feel less safe wearing one. I swear I touch my face messing with the damn thing and am more likely to get sick.

First don't wear a mask. They didn't recommend wearing a mask unless its a fitted N95 and still don't wear a mask. Then don't buy masks because medical people need the mask. Then everyone has to wear at least a sock on their face.

There is so much placebo BS out there its unbelievable. Herd mentality beyond recognition.

Congrats to Sweden for doing it right. We destroyed ourselves for politics.

it's funny how people flip flopped on sweden over the past few weeks

I wouldn't know - haven't worn one yet.

My barber reopened and said customers have to wear masks in accordance with state mandates, so if I want to get my hair cut anytime soon I guess I'll have to put on a bandana or something. I still might go with the maxipad with ear loops, just to make a complete mockery of it.

Oh you can bet that the numbers are going to skyrocket the way that states are opening up. They are saying they are opening safely, but no chance. Look at the photos....
Who cares. Nothing we did helped. Protect the elderly and weak and everyone else live their lives normally. 40-60% of deaths are in nursing homes.

This could have been mitigated with level heads like they did in Sweden. Now people think if they go to Home Depot the corona can't get them but step into a salon you are going to get walloped. Total ridiculousness.

I can walk on a golf course but can't play on one.

Give us all your money and freedom and we will keep you safe. The herd believes this and the soldiers of wars past are rolling over in their graves.

Not funny when you don't have a job because of idiocy.

Attachments

• 3rd-May-Weekly-Deaths-Columns-768x437.png
    3rd-May-Weekly-Deaths-Columns-768x437.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 23

It’s okay to have a different opinion as facts change. I wish more would do that instead of playing party politics.

Out of the gate it looked terrible. That culture plus recommended actions being taken to heart seemingly has been a good recipe.

I should have said “not ONLY because of gradual opening...”

Compliance isn't looking good.

Masks? I ordered the Seamus Golf Mask - you can ply it around your nose and it has a pocket to place a filter - protect others from your spray.

Latest is that corona sticks around for 3 hrs or so inside; best to be outside and be social with distancing.

First don't wear a mask. They didn't recommend wearing a mask unless its a fitted N95 and still don't wear a mask. Then don't buy masks because medical people need the mask. Then everyone has to wear at least a sock on their face.

There is so much placebo BS out there its unbelievable. Herd mentality beyond recognition.

Congrats to Sweden for doing it right. We destroyed ourselves for politics.

there are policies in place that require masks in some areas. When I see that I “must” wear a mask to get my hair cut ir shop at Costco, I just won’t go if I can possibly avoid it. But there has been talk that “new normal” will be masks on airplanes and theme parks and I was just saying that I will try to avoid all places that say I “must” wear one.

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury vs Madison, 1803

Well..... this has all been a nice social experiment. I’m ready for it to be over now.

80 hour weeks trying to keep up with it hopefully become a thing of the past. My lawn and my little league team will both appreciate it. Thanks.

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury vs Madison, 1803

I believe the Courts decide, not individuals, as to what is repugnant to the Constitution.

Compliance isn't looking good.

Masks? I ordered the Seamus Golf Mask - you can ply it around your nose and it has a pocket to place a filter - protect others from your spray.

Latest is that corona sticks around for 3 hrs or so inside; best to be outside and be social with distancing.

Are we surprised by this? If there is one thing Americans do well, it is not following the rules. We live in a society where stop signs and red lights are merely traffic suggestions. Cutting corners (either by laziness, associated cost, or convenience) is a staple of the American way in the 21st century when the act outweighs any potential risks and penalties.

Tests that were done in Tanzania on Pawpaw and goat tissue came back positive for Covid-19, causing the President to believe the testing process was rigged to create false positives. Looks like all this testing will reveal we're actually goats.

“Hey Goat.... What the Hells going on out there?”

“Uh nothing old man, now go back to sleep”

Adam Sandler-back when he was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back