Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that while NY has the most cases/deaths, those are mainly confined to the NYC area. You would think he would allow some counties North and West to start opening things up.
He did. Central and extreme northern areas are getting eased restrictions.

I'm going to tell you all about how that person over there shouldn't have an opinion, but not until after I tell you my opinion
If that’s directed at me, I’m not using my position as a platform to preach to others. Rory can b*tch about politics all he wants in private and I wouldn’t have a word to say about it (nor would I know).

If it was directed at someone else, carry on.

We are finding that with our employees. There are many that are well paid all things considered (min wage type jobs making over $11/hr). But they are making more on unemployment due to the extra federal $$ they are receiving. So, unfortunately we will have to come to a crossroads soon - come back to work or you are fired.

That was the design of the act. They didn't want the employees to return. October rolls around and suddenly people have to go back to work making less money. What a great campaign theme to run on. The timeline and the extra $600 were by design to coincide with the election.

It is funny they will speak out against this but not China and Hong Kong.

Yep. I hope he hurts himself carrying his own bag for the event and can't play in the upcoming majors.

It is funny they will speak out against this but not China and Hong Kong.
Why not? Rory lives in America in Palm Beach Florida. He married an American and probably considers himself a Clayton's American. I am sure that he is one of a millions of Americans who feel the same way. Nobody really cares what he says outside of golf I would imagine.

This was sent to me and is rather interesting.

Why not? Rory lives in America in Palm Beach Florida. He married an American and probably considers himself a Clayton's American. I am sure that he is one of a millions of Americans who feel the same way. Nobody really cares what he says outside of golf I would imagine.
He’s entitled to his opinion, regardless if he an American or not. And the public has the right to judge him for that opinion.

The fact that he’s willing to comment about the POTUS, but not about China, tells me what I need to know.

Michael Jordan said it best, “Republicans buy sneakers too.” Any company that sponsors him will be a pass for me. So I hope Callaway or Srixon don’t sign him.

Personally for me, he never moved the needle, I’ve been indifferent. Just makes watching the replay of him choking away the ‘11 Masters more satisfying.

WLOX

Mississippi further loosened up its Safer-at-Home order yesterday. More industries and activities are allowed to open, and more power has been transferred to local governments.

“We made a mistake," [Gov. Tate] Reeves said. “I made a mistake. I made a mistake because I identified essential versus nonessential. There is no such thing and I’ve learned this. I’ve learned a lot but I’ve learned this over the last several months. There is no such thing as a nonessential business to the business owner and the employees that depend on that business being functional and operational and paying them so they can provide for their family.”

Wife's orders are I have to play alone so to facilitate I'm teeing off at 3pm on Sunday. It's going to be a toasty 88* at tee off but thankfully a reasonable humidity at 40%. Not playing my favorite course but golf is golf.
If you practice social distancing you practically are playing alone, even with somebody! :LOL:

If you practice social distancing you practically are playing alone, even with somebody! :LOL:

Agreed. And besides I have to go to work as well so really not sure how much it matters, but if it means she doesnt get pissed at me it's too easy to do.

Rory can’t F all the way off...

Is this real?:

according to the Governor of NJ ( get this) “Beaches will be open, but you can’t sit on a blanket or chair. You can walk or jog” (maybe a paraphrase, but that was the just of it). Ridiculous. NYC beaches will be the flashpoint since the Mayor said “No” to opening the beaches. NY State beaches will be open next weekend at 50% capacity with no concessions, playgrounds or ‘team’ sports like VBall. Thankfully, surfing is always allowed even when lifeguards aren’t on duty,

according to the Governor of NJ ( get this) “Beaches will be open, but you can’t sit on a blanket or chair. You can walk or jog” (maybe a paraphrase, but that was the just of it). Ridiculous. NYC beaches will be the flashpoint since the Mayor said “No” to opening the beaches. NY State beaches will be open next weekend at 50% capacity with no concessions, playgrounds or ‘team’ sports like VBall. Thankfully, surfing is always allowed even when lifeguards aren’t on duty,
so basically they are not open.

you now whats so amazing?
is the fact that so many of us know exactly what they would have done and what should have been done and what we should do now. Another so many of us also know the hidden agendas behind every decision made. They also know how and what they would do about that. They know whats right and whats wrong about everything thus far during this pandemic and some wouldn't even consider it one. So many of us have all the right answers while "all" our elected and non elected officials and professionals have the wrong ones.

i really do wish that some of us here were our leaders and decision makers because I have no doubt we would have been through it all with little to no harm to anyone or anything and by now probably be past this whole thing.

The Imperial College model which greatly influenced public policy is now proven to be fundamentally flawed (ie the study that said 1.1M would die even with mitigation efforts in the US and 2.2 - 2.4M would die without them). It isn’t a question of variance based on assumptions / input made by scientists, it is crappy code in the program.

If people dont like a post, report it. Responding with childish stuff isnt the THP way.

Played in my first foursome today. Pool noodles didn’t affect my game, but I sure as heck need to work on my elbow bump game. It was rough.

Played in my first foursome today. Pool noodles didn’t affect my game, but I sure as heck need to work on my elbow bump game. It was rough.
We just do a tip of the hat!

I feel for y’all that live in Michigan, but I personally hope the Governor of Michigan continues to over play her hand.

Unlike some of the pro-lockdown people, I’ll admit my reason. It has something to do with the number 270. 😉

Somewhat age appropriate, not horrible looking (hey most are looking for a ten, I’m ready to settle for a 2.5) and since I haven’t seen a woman without a mask on in a long time, I’ll show her misogynistic.

(Meanwhile I’ll look up the meaning of the word and possibly will retract my statement-nope-I think I have it right)

This was meant as humor. If not appropriate feel free to delete.

Wife's orders are I have to play alone so to facilitate I'm teeing off at 3pm on Sunday. It's going to be a toasty 88* at tee off but thankfully a reasonable humidity at 40%. Not playing my favorite course but golf is golf.

Since we have a lot of restrictions playing golf, there is no way a single could go out by himself as the tee sheets are packed. I hope you get to play...it's certainly safer than going to the grocery store or Home Depot.

Our group exchanged knuckle bumps after today’s round. 😱

Since we have a lot of restrictions playing golf, there is no way a single could go out by himself as the tee sheets are packed. I hope you get to play...it's certainly safer than going to the grocery store or Home Depot.
My solution was buying the foursome in the afternoon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back